[OFFER] ASUS Z87-DELUXE updated BIOS v2103 NVMe mod

@KC42

OK resized pics

210112154531small.png

210112154600small.png

210112154639small.png

210112154709small.png

You may have to adjust for your CPU, RAM settings…so of course these aren’t gospel.

If you are still having troubles, you may have to reflash…

Edit: BTW your memory (F3-2133C9D-16GXH) isn’t on the QVL list which is why the XMP profile isn’t coming up in the bios.

F3-2133C11Q-32GZL(XMP) however is listed among others on the QVL list. You may have better luck with a different memory modules
that are actually on the QVL list.

Cheers

Hans

thanks for the help, it is not possible to set the memory on bios 2103, I checked again on bios 1504 and it can be set, I tried to modify bios 1504 but I can not convert rom to cap at the end.
greetings

@KC42

Yes likely outcome when memory is non-QVL. With QVL memory you may have better luck, but then you have to spend some money to swap out the memory… On the other hand if you find some memory, even used, it should be pretty cheap on this older platform.

Cheers

Hans

@KC42

Okay I’ll try a mod on the 1504 bios if that may help your particular situation; but that is 5 (FIVE) bioses out of date… stay tuned.

@KC42

Below is the modded version of BIOS/UEFI 1504 which is really dated…so I will leave this posted and once you’ve tried it to verify if it helps or not I will delete it.

This is an attempt at a “Band-Aid” solution, for a temporary fix, which is far less than ideal, until you find some decent memory on the QVL list.

Did I mention Happy New Year?!

EDIT: Temporary BIOS file deleted

Cheers

Hans

thanks for the bios, why they removed this memory from newer bios, I will look for another memory.

about the new year no, thanks each other.

Hello, my name is Jose. After much reading and research I came to this forum.
I have the asus z87 deluxe motherboard and I would also like to install a nvme pcie with the operating system.
I would like to know which is the correct file to install.
And I’m scared if something goes wrong Would it be possible to return to the original bios, or once modified, nothing else can be done?

Using Asus Bios Flashback operation ONLY.
Update to the latest 2103 officially.
Prepare a USB with the mod 2103 bios file and another with the original 2103 asus bios file in case of recovery. Both files must use the name Z87D.CAP for correct use of Asus Bios FlashBack operation.
After mod flash, load default bios values, set CSM OFF (Pure UEFI), SecureBoot OFF/Other OS, plug ur NVMe and disconect all other storage/systems drives, run USB windows install (RUFUS GPT ISO W10).

Thank you very much for your prompt response
can you put me the link again from the modified bios. After 6 pages of reading I see several and I no longer know which one to download
I understand that if something fails, I can always return to the original bios that is on the Asus website. The latest version is also the one I have installed
Thanks again

@franjhos

You will find the modified bios at the bottom of the FIRST POST of this thread.

[OFFER] ASUS Z87-DELUXE updated BIOS v2103 NVMe mod

I am the original poster, so I know this bios works. I recently swapped out my Samsung 950 PRO 512GB for the Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB boot/OS/program drive. I made a back up of the original drive and loaded the new drive without issue.

Currently overclocks my i7-4770K to 4.7GHz

Enjoy NVMe speeds responsibly…!

Cheers

Hans

Thanke you very much
Got it

Hello good afternoon. I have finally decided to install the modified BIOS.
I find the following questions that I do not know if they are related, to see if they can help me

As the z87 deluxe has dual gigabit Ethernet, with the intel software I made link aggregation to obtain 2gb of speed
Since I have done the bios update, the link aggregation does not recognize me. There is a warning in the intel software that the second network card is not compatible. I don’t know to what extent the bios can be responsible or not for that.

I also take the opportunity to ask you about this PCI express card that I bought in AliExpress and that I should let me put 2 nvme disks and recognize them separately so that later I can do software raid in Windows, but I only get one disk
Linkreal-Adaptador de tarjeta de expansión para Bifurcation-LRNV95N8 de placa base, PCIe4.0 x8 a NGFF M.2 M
https://es.aliexpress.com/i/4000056346463.html
This is the adapter that I bought to put two nvme disks but I only get one, is it normal?
Thanks for everything and I hope you can guide me

@franjhos

You may recall that the Z87 chipset wasn’t even supposed to support booting from the NVMe drives at all; much less using NVMe RAID. The problem is that the Z87 chipset does not support NVMe RAID function over the PCIe bus. Further, there is no provision for bifurcation in the native bios as this was not conceived of back in 2013, some 8 years ago. No bifurcation means it will only see ONE drive. If you had two adapters you could see two drives but they would occupy two PCIe slots. You still couldn’t RAID them as that function is not supported by the chipset. I have only one NVMe drive, but it is the Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB version so it is big enough for picture editing/gaming and video editing. ie The graphics card is the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming with 24 GB of graphics ram which is plenty enough for nearly any job.

I haven’t bothered using link aggregation with the onboard network chips mainly because I only use the onboard gigabit network chips for backup.
My regular network card is the Mellanox (now NVidia) Connect-X 3 Pro adapter which does link aggregation at 2 x 10Gbit = 20Gbit connection rates to my 10Gbit switch via fiber optic cabling. I picked this up cheap for $125 Cdn new online (just the card, not the switch which is much more expensive).

I would check which software driver you are using for link aggregation as Intel has been moving away from supporting 1Gbit. Some of the latest drivers have dropped support for 1Gbit. Perhaps an older version of driver may do the trick for you.

Edit: Check post below with Intel Network Connections software v26.0 which allows network teaming.

Cheers

Hans

@hancor

Thank you very much for the clarification. Now it is clear to me that it is not possible to use a dual pcie.
I have 2 pci cards in one a 1 tera nvme sabrent, where I will install the OS, and the other dual pci where I install 2 1 tera nvme wd, there I wanted to do the raid.
I will try to buy a 2 tera nvme for the job that needs speed and use a pci with a single lane.
Regarding link aggregation, I finally managed to uninstall the entire network and reinstall at least to obtain redundancy and have 2gb of speed, I will continue testing to see if I get to get the link aggregation.

Thank you so much for your help

@franjhos

Try downloading the following software for Intel I217 type Intel Network Connections v26.0 software.

It looks like teaming/VLANS/network aggregation with 1Gb network chips is back along with vlans…

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/22283/eng/26_0.zip

Found that originally on the discussion page:

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.ph…n&limitstart=18

As per the installation guide:

Multi-Vendor Teaming
Multi-Vendor Teaming (MVT) allows teaming with a combination of Intel and non-Intel adapters.
If you are using a Windows-based computer, adapters that appear in the Intel PROSet teaming wizard can be included
in a team.
MVT Design Considerations
l In order to activate MVT, you must have at least one Intel adapter or integrated connection in the team, which
must be designated as the primary adapter.
l A multi-vendor team can be created for any team type.
l All members in an MVT must operate on a common feature set (lowest common denominator).
l Manually verify that the frame setting for the non-Intel adapter is the same as the frame settings for the Intel
adapters.
l If a non-Intel adapter is added to a team, its RSS settings must match the Intel adapters in the team.

Here are the configuration pictures:

Asus Z87_Deluxe_network_teaming_aggregation.png

Asus Z87_Deluxe_network_teaming_aggregation3.png

With the working link aggregation here:

Asus Z87_Deluxe_network_teaming_aggregation4.png

Here is the working hardware aggregation of ethernet 1 and ethernet 2 to make up ethernet 7

Asus Z87_Deluxe_network_teaming_aggregation5.png

And here is the working configuration at @2Gbps

Asus Z87_Deluxe_network_teaming_aggregation6.png

Cheers

Hans

@hancor
many thanks.
Sure enough I have it and I got my 2gb of connection with the aggregation of links.
You have to be careful because sometimes it misconfigures itself, I hit a couple of clicks and it will work again

I was wondering if I clone my windows 10 bootable SSD to the nvme installed on the PCI express, would I have my windows working without having to do a clean install of windows 10?

@franjhos

Of course you can TRY it…but of course the recommended procedure is to do a clean install.

I used Macrium Reflect to make a back up image of my already existing NVMe drive on the Samsung 950 PRO 512GB;
and loaded that onto the NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2.0TB drive without too much trouble ie reinstalling the boot files.

Of course there are no guarantees that will work on the first attempt…

Cheers

Hans

hi, i tried hard drive cloning but no luck.
As soon as I have a gap or the next version of windows comes, do a clean installation.
right now there are two pci with two nvme and my mother, the data copy between them is brutal!
want to put it as OS
Thank you

hello i put the new bios update and the modifed bios and i can just see that the hard is in coputer i cant initialize it it have 0 bytes
i have z87 deluxe i7-7770K 16 gb ram i have samsung 970 evo nvme.m2 and ORICO M.2 NVME to PCI-E 3.0 X4 Expansion Card
when i am in device manager i can see m2 and when i refresh it its gone
what can i do ?

Follow the guide in point #4 for the correct installation of the OS, it is mandatory UEFI GPT, the destination drive will apear upon windows setup.
[HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS