[OFFER] ASUS Z87-DELUXE updated BIOS v2103 NVMe mod

whell i flashbooted the bios version and when i go to windows installtion i se drive that have 0 bytes and cant install windows

Is the NVMe drive healthy? Was used in another system and already had an OS/DATA?
The drive must use GPT partition not MBR.
Perform a clean OS install without any other drives attached to the system.
I do not know if the MOD is OK and indeed correctly flashed. Not my MOD file.
Nothing more to help from my side. Good luck

EDIT: If the drive is new and unused, its a bios configuration/mod issue or hw motherboard issue. Hancor makes nvme mods correctly so ill not point to the mod.
And these mvme mods are quite simple, clean with almost 100% working Aptio UEFI motherboard after moded.

EDIT: If an new NVMe drive cannot be initialized in an OS (doesnt matter MBR/GPT) its an hw miscommunication.
An old motherboard with MOD or without MOD ALWAYS treats the device as storage disk that CAN be initialized and used as storage/data in an already working OS machine.
Have u tested the NVMe/Oricco adaptor in another system, is the drive well seated in the adaptor/pcie slot?

Drive is new i disconected all hard drives and try couple times and when i try to install its 0 bytes
when i connect old hard with windows and turn it on i can see hard drive in manager but i cant initialize error show a device which does not exist was specified

@DarkMark

You need to convert ALL your drives to GPT.
You cannot have a mixed GPT/MBR environmentā€¦they will not play nicely in a mixed setting.
the mod works fine, you just need to tweek your settings

Re-read posts #48 throught #51 of this threadā€¦

Cheers

All drives are GPT and I disconnect all driven when try to install but and I disable boot and it show that my hard dics have 0 mb

@DarkMark

You may have defective gear or need firmware update to your driveā€¦

Cheers

I take my m2 drive to my friend and it works on that computer normal he have m2 on board and all gear is new what do I need to update to work

Okā€¦ make a dump of ur SPI Bios with Intel FPTtool (fptw64.exe -d spi.bin) from the Intel ME9 package tools, and attach here to check.

EDIT: Point #B1 Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools

where can i Download FPT tool

@DarkMark

You will want the 1.5MB version of the Management Engine (ME) v9.0.31.1487 for this particular board; as linked by MeatWar.

With that update your should be off to the races, all other things being equal.

Cheers

hancor

i downloaded your bios and extracted and cut/paste the cap file into a USB drive previously formatted to Fat32, is that all? i tried using USB BIOS Flashback but did not do anything, a question, my system is with everything installed, since is updated to latest BIOS from asus 2103 but i do not know if i need to remove all that has been installed. I shutted down the system and inserted USB into the USB green which is the color of the BIOS flashback and then i pressed the button 3 o more seconds and the button started to flash but once a remove my finger it get solid blue the led and stays that way forever.

Also i tried to use inside the UEFI Bios using the EZ option to update but when i selected the file i got an error and do not do anything. Using the BIOS updater in windows as i used to get and update to the 2103 it says failed.

I do not know where to read about it to find my error and correct and learn.

If you can help me a little bit will appreciate

Thanks

Wiki

Sorry forget to mention my ASUS is a Z87-Deluxe and i want to add NVEM option to use my PCIe

The mod file already has NVMe mod inserted, only CAP bios files can work in ASUS USB BFB, the most secure to flash and avoid security flash issues, with the correct name Z87D.CAP, FAT32, smallest USB, after 3 sec if it STOPS, CLR CMOS, change USB drive. File on USB root.
A fresh OS new installation is always advisable, u can try clone from old drive.

[HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

EDIT: When CLR CMOS (Dont USE jumper, remove battery), when F1 appears its bc u reset it, enter bios, load defaults, save & exit, AC OFF.
Do the following, lets check the operation with the original 2103 stock CAP file and see if USB BFB works.
Until the standard operation fails, dont bother flashing the mod.
If sucedes, enter bios load defaults again, save & exit, AC OFF. Now try the mod again.

Thanks will try again, the USB is a 2GB USB 2.0, when mention the top root means is clean as the formatted version will be only add the Z87D.CAP file and thats it right?

I tried again and the led flashes after about 5 seconds when i pressed the button but as soon i release it it turns on solid blue led with no changes. also i tried reformatting USB NO quick format enabled and cutting and pasting the Z87D.CAP file on the USB. i shutted down my system and pressed again the button and same results. removed the usb and do the CLR CMOS and as soon i pressed the button (CLR CMOS) it restart and turn off and restart getting a DOS screen to enter UEFI BIOS pressing F1. So i stucked there. Any other suggestion?

@wikiwiki66

Flash the Z87D.CAP file with a USB 3.0 drive!

This is one of those oddities where USB 3.0 is needed to successfully flash!

The Sandisk brand USB 3.0 drive should work in the 8 to 16 GB sizingā€¦it worked for me.

Rummage around your drawer, borrow from a friend, etcā€¦

well i tried with a 16GB USB 3.0 and with a 32GB USB 2.0 without luck. I do not know if i had to enable something else on the UEFI BIOS? the green USB and de USB Drive on windows is detected. and also on the EZ option inside the tools at UEFI BIOS. But the LED button only start to flash about at 5 seconds onces has been mantained pressed but as soon i release it it stay steady ON the blue led and no changes.

Is no way i can get a BIOS (with the nvem) to be updated in the BIOS updater on windows? or through the EZ option at the UEFI BIOS, because the Z87D.CAP will not work on both proceduresā€¦

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

@wikiwiki66

USB 2.0 definitely donā€™t work on this board and will not flash.

keep trying with USB 3.0 type drives, eventually youā€™ll find one that works.

https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Ultra-Flasā€¦26825757&sr=8-8

They are fairly cheap, and the above one worked for me.

BTW flashing in Windoze is just a non starter, and ezflash wonā€™t work with modded bios, USB FLASHBACK procedure required!

Cheers

Hans

I just want to be sure iĀ“m doing fine the steps

I get the USB Drive 3.0 then i format in FAT32, the drive will be blank no data added
I extract your BIOS and copy the Z87D.CAP file and paste it on the USB Drive
I turn OFF my PC
I insert the USB Drive where the USB slot (Green line around it)
I press the FlashBack button for 3 seconds and release it
i wait for the LED do the job

@wikiwiki66

Use RUFUS

https://rufus.ie/en/

Format FAT32, then load only Z87D.CAP file.

Computer POWERED DOWN ( ie WINDOZE OS not running); but on STANDBY power. ie plugged into wall, and power switch set to ON setting.

Plug USB into USB FLASHBACK portā€¦ Read the Flipping Manual (RTFM) to find where that isā€¦other USB ports will not doā€¦Iā€™ve posted before where to find it.

Press Flashback button. Flashback LED will flash at a certain pace and then speed up toward the end.

DO NOT PULL POWER PLUG OR SWITCH STANDBY POWER TO OFF or REMOVE USB DRIVE! Wait until the flashback LED stops completely.

REBOOT, enter UEFI to load set up defaults, REBOOT.

Enter BIOS again and set CSM to DISABLED.

Look for ā€œWINDOWS BOOT MANAGERā€ in your boot tab; presuming youā€™ve already installed your NVME drive and adapter.

You should now be off to the races, install the OS.

Cheers