[Offer] ASUS Z87 PRO v2103 complete mod

@zibiksior

The NVMe module is there as in this detection capture:

In the meantime, I’ve updated the EFI ROM modules as follows:

and microcode update to version 28

Try flashing the updated file and report back, on the NVMe issue make sure CSM (Compatibility Support Mode) in the bios is disabled and all your drives are configured GPT (Gui Partition Table)

Cheers

Z87P.zip (5.26 MB)

1 Like

Hi, @hancor thank you for the response. Sorry for the false alarm but sleep problem is cause by my GTX 660 GPU… Previously my father was using this computer and I wasn’t aware of this problem :frowning:

Anyway thanks for updated bios. I flashed it already and everything works fine :slight_smile:

NVMe disk is visible as boot device. I had to disable my HDD as boot devices and now NVMe is visible as only boot device. After that I have to reformat my HDD’s as GPT.

Cheers

@hancor : When i update to the modded bios, of the ram work at 1333 and i when i try to configure it to work at 2400 Mh (throught Manual setting or XMP) it change nothing. When i go back to official bios - 2400 mhz works again.

I looked at neighboring topics (z87 bios modded) and many have the same problem. Could you fix it?

Hi for all!!!

Tell me please what is the right way to flash the attached modded BIOS?
I’ve tried a lot of different ways and faced with a security/lock problem.

Help please. :slight_smile:

Okay redid the NVMe mod using the small *.ffs version as follows:

First post in this thread contains the updated modded BIOS/UEFI Last modded June 15, 2020

Original UBU detect:

Z87_PRO_detect_v2103.png

UBU EFI ROM stock UBU microcode stock v19

Z87_PRO_EFI_ROM_stock_v2103.png

Z87_PRO_microcode_stock_v2103.png

UBU EFI ROM update mods UBU microcode update v28

Z87_PRO_EFI_ROM_update_v2103.png

Z87_PRO_microcode_v28_update_v2103.png

NVMe small module insertion before NVMe small module insertion after

z87_PRO_insert_NVMe_small_15_06_2020.png

z87_PRO_NVMe_small_saved_15_06_2020.png

@hancor

Alas, RAM does not work either at a frequency of 2133 or at a frequency of 2400.
Only 1333. XMP is set in the BIOS, but it does not work.

It’s a shame :frowning:

Regards

This post is written about the manual update mode. You, of course, clearly know how and what to do. But maybe so?

Hello @hanсor

I have the same problem in your moded BIOS. It works only at a frequency of 1333 and does not switch to any frequency.

Tell me, could you update the BIOS without NVMe? I check if the frequency above 1333 will work.

@begemot For your pleasure no NVMe mod in the attached file

Z87P_no_NVMe.rar (4.75 MB)

If that works for them @hancor , then just do NVME insert other way (other tool instead)

@Lost_N_BIOS @begemot @lemoff @DreamerTM @Matimati123 @perolalars @NIK1 @zibiksior @ssdas @Skorpiuz @lsevald

Went back and used MMTool version 4.50.0.23 and did a manual insert of NVMe module.

See if that helps.

Cheers

EDIT: Okay now confirmed by begemot the modded files works with different memory settings
File now updated in post #1

Z87P_manual_NVMe_mod.rar (4.76 MB)

@hancor - Did you do the first one with UEFITool, or UBU? If UBU, hard to say which was used, you may need to make 2 for them to test, both manual one MMTool and one UEFITool 25.0

@Lost_N_BIOS

First one I did on UEFI Tool 0.25 way back when, and then again with UBU, so some of the bios are getting a little cranky.

On post #21 I went back to the old MMTool 4.50.0.23

Balance of the mods done on UBU v1.79.4 with Python 3.7.8 for the microcodes.

Cheers

Ohh, well that does not help I guess, since I don’t know which one they are complaining does not work with memory speed/NVME
Memory speed issue may not be due to NVME insert, are you/they sure? It may be due to microcode update issue, padding added/removed or FIT, or other edits in DXE volume add/remove padding.

Maybe best for you to test, if you have this board, or make them test stock BIOS and only NVME insert MMTool and UEFITool by itself, see which works, and which is OK or not with memory speeds.
Then that would rule out NVME insert as issue, then rest can be checked later after UBU edit on top of that.
Sorry, I am not trying to add to the mess pile here, was only trying to help

Python is not used to edit microcodes, only to check and show you them, it’s MC Extractor. Actual microcode edit/replace is still done with MMTool or UEFIReplace

@hancor

I checked the BIOS modded from post #21
XMP worked, microcode 28

NVMe has not yet tested.

Thank you so much for supporting the old Asus motherboards. I hope very much that you will continue to support :wink:

@begemot

Okay good the memory is doing what it should.

Let us know how the NVMe mod works out…!

@lemoff @DreamerTM @Matimati123 @perolalars @NIK1 @zibiksior @ssdas @Skorpiuz @lsevald

FIXED memory issue Z87 Pro bios

@hancor
Any chance you can add the updated network drivers?

The 2014 ASUS z87 pro bios has the following;

3 - Network
EFI Intel PRO1000 UNDI - 5.4.19
OROM Intel Boot Agent GE - 1.5.43
EFI Realtek UNDI Driver - 2.020

yours unfortunately has older versions.

edit, I think I just misread - seems your version actually replace the pro1000 with gigabit - hence the confusion with versions. :smiley:

@broglah

Yes, network EFI/ROMs all updated as set out in corrected first post

@hancor
I’ve flashed with your provided modified bios update, but unfortunately nvme doesn’t appear to be showing in the bios, it shows in windows and I created a gpt partition, just doesn’t show in boot options in the bios.

I also tried disabling CSM however my GPU doesn’t work without it & so the bios auto enables it on boot.

@broglah

Okay the problem is not the bios, it is your graphics card…as in probably "ancient".
NVMe requires using the .efi extensions rather than the older .rom extensions.
A newer graphics card will rectify this, should you be willing to buy an NVMe ssd and adapter to extend the life of your computer platform.

If you did get graphics card, NVMe ssd, and NVMe adapter, naturally they could all migrate to a newer platform
when you choose to do a full computer upgrade.

Cheers