[OFFER] MSi Z68A-GD65 (G3) Bios Mod (fully updated)

Hello, after all the experience i did with my Z68A-GD65, this post might be useful if someone needs it (since i dont find such a particular way i wanted), this is the bios i created with the knowledge from this forum.

What included is just NVMExpressDxe5 and Samsung_M2_DXE for samsung ahci, also the latest Intel ME 8.1.70.1590. Why not update all the microcode and stuff? cause of the padding. any padding removed = poof corrupt. is NVMExpressDxe5 and Samsung_M2_DXE for samsung ahci, Updated Uefi GOP for Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge iGPU, Updated Realtek OROM and UNDI DXE, and mCode for Ivy Bridge to mCode 19 (best for OC) (Just found a way to update all of them without Corrupting/Removing the Padding, so Padding is the same 1:1 as stock bios). Just flash this bios and DONT update bios+me (if you’re from bios 25.6) because it would corrupt your bios. If you want to Fully Update the module 1:1, you could use Intel FPT to flash it.

Best way to flash it is by downgrading to bios P.1 and flash it via m.flash (the very first bios for ivy bridge support), then update it to bios only 25.6, then do Bios+ME update using the same 25.6 bios after updating to 25.6 bios, so that backup bios would also be updated (cause if you dont have 2nd gen cpu or ch341a/b programmer you’re doomed if bios mod flash fail), then update to my modded bios only (do not use bios+me update as it will corrupt the bios). You could update it manually using intel fwupdate for the ME.

In case bios fail but you did update to 25.6 from P.1, and re update using Bios+Me option with the same 25.6 then the board would be able to boot from ivy bridge cpu since the backup bios are now on me 8.1 (stock backup bios is me 7 which doomed me to buy a pentium g630 XD) with the bios LED blinking.

GUIDE TO UPDATE BOTH DUAL BIOS (Might work for other MSi “GD” series motherboard if bios update only update 1st bios chip)

WARNING: MAKE SURE 2nd BIOS IS NOT USED.

Bios LED Indicator:
No Blink = Main Bios is used
Blink 1 per second = Main bios failed/corrupted, and now 2nd Bios currently used
Solid LED= Both bios failed

1. Update to the bios and me that have bios+me update option (in this case for Z68A-GD65, bios 25.6)

2. Now that both bios updated, purposely corrupt the main bios (while it’s using main bios, just try to update and power off the pc while it’s updating/in progress)

3. Now that 1st bios let the board use 2nd bios (led blinking in a normal pace)

4. after all booting normally, do not enable “Multi Bios Auto Update”, just proceed to update the bios to the latest (Bios only, no bios+me)

5. After success, update to the modded bios (must not be corrupt), and then go to bios again to set the settings you did

6. Boot up to windows (make sure led bios is still blinking as it’s the indicator of the board using 2nd bios), update the ME using intel fwupd, reboot to windows again, then dump the bios using intel fptw.

7. reboot to bios, and then enable “Multi Bios Auto Update”, save and reset/reboot, let the backup bios recover the main bios

8. once everything complete, main bios is used (dual bios led not blingking) go to intel fptw and flash the backup bios dump you did earlier, and dont forget to do -greset on intel fptw after flashing complete

Congrats, both bios now have NVMe modded bios + latest intel me, since you did flash the bios modded bios and update the ME using 2nd bios by corruping the 1st bios, dumped the 2nd bios infos, and flash it to 1st bios while manually updating the ME cause bios+me option for modded bios is wack. Enjoy :smiley:

EDIT: Sorry for alot of edit, i was in rush to do final exam on college while writing this, wml :stuck_out_tongue:

Update, using Clean bios instead of my own dump:
E7681IMSMOD.rar (5.3 MB)

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened

1 Like

Update:

• Microcode Updated (mCode 19 for Ivy Brdge, mCode 28 for Sandy Bridge)
  • GOP Updated
  • Network OROM and UEFI Updated
  • Intel ME Updated to Latest

Bios Dumped from my Z68A GD65 G3, so it should be safe to flash, as long as Intel FPT is used for flashing (use -greset after flashing, and dont forget to reset CMOS or restore default after you could go to bios after flashing). Bios uploaded above now came from clean bios and modded, no pad file destroyed, so it’s not my personal bios, safe to use (flash all region with just -f on intelfpt).

Update: Found Beta Bios 25.93B, for those who want to try, i provide the very same mods as the 25.8 ones on this beta bios:
BetaBiosMod.rar (5.1 MB)

Flash with intel fpt to update all region, this is a clean bios not initialized/dumped ones.

Update:
This should be the latest update i ever done. Both for 25.8 and 25.9B3 included in the file.

• OROM VBios SNB-IVB: v2171
  • TRIM mod Intel RaidDriver v12.9.0.2006 + >“Universally TRIM modified” Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.9.0.2006 with TRIM in RAID0 support

Z68AGD65G3 LatestMOD P80+P93.rar (7.0 MB)