[OFFER] MSI Z87 G45 Gaming (MS-7821) BIOS_v1.9

This ssd can even be updated through a special program? That is, this program will really determine that a Samsung ssd is installed in the computer? I will then take Samsung too. And tell me, are there any differences in the adapters? Or just take an adapter like a video card? And can this ssd be divided into sections, for example: section C - Windows, section D - everything else, games, files, etc. I just never had a ssd, so I want to ask knowledgeable people. Thanks a lot

Hello. I downloaded the file, put it on a flash drive, went into Bios, clicked on M-flash, clicked on Select one file to update BIOS and ME, selected the file, updated and rebooted the computer. I went into the BIOS and didn’t see any changes, now I don’t have m2 ssd yet. But I should now see some changes in bios?

Yes, the dates are identical, except the NVMe DXE driver is include in the BIOS/UEFI as seen in the screenshot on post #1 above.

BTW Samsung has a program to update firmware in Windoze available on their site here:

When you buy a PCIe X4 adapter, and then mount M.2 NVMe Samsung 980 drive, install into 2nd PCIe x16 slot. Ensure you disable CSM (Compatibility Support Mode) and format a GPT (Gui Partition Table) drive, THEN you will see either Windows Boot Manager or PATA. see post #49 for further explanation.

See page 3-14 of your manual to disable CSM in this case:

Boot Mode Select [LEGACY+UEFI]
Sets the system boot mode from legacy or UEFI architecture depending on OS
installation requirement.
[UEFI] Enables UEFI BIOS boot mode support only.
[LEGACY+UEFI] Enables both Legacy BIOS boot mode and UEFI BIOS boot
mode.

You need to select [UEFI] Enables UEFI BIOS boot mode support only.

Hi all. Will there be a microcode update? It seems like a new version of the microcord came out

Its up to Intel
 but on such older platform, probably not anymore.

Where seen and version?

I saw the news about a week ago. But now I searched and found that for processors from 2016, the microcode update is unrelated to security. So, I think you can not look for an update. Suddenly there is generally an update to lower performance :slight_smile:

Looks like the latest are for Coffee Lake on the 1151v2 socket.
Yours is an 1150 socket, so nothing from Intel at this time.
v28 microcode is the latest for your platform.
Cheers
Hans

1 Like

Hello. Tell me where to download the latest drivers for our motherboard? On the official website of MSI, the drivers have not been updated for a long time

is a great resource.

Cheers
Hans

Hello ,i want to use this bios on my mobo without using an ssd nvme, so do i need to format my old drives to GPT ?

No, just remember your bios settings, usually the defaults are loaded upon bios update.
If you’re using an old bios version, first update to the latest 1.9 official by M-Flash then overwrite with this mod.
Good luck.

2 Likes

thank you for your reply ,iam already on the latest official 1.9 , i want to try this modded bios to see if it fix my usb issues.

1 Like

@djfou20, what s problem with USB? Chip, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1? May be, Power and Sleep mode? USB, remove checkbox from save energy. Look at Device manager-USB first time.

hi, well the issues are on all the usb ,i have disconnections when iam transfering data it stop and continue after a few secondes some usb storage are not détected and some times the ethernet is desactivated ,and i have uncheked all the save energy checkbox. i think its the chipset or it need an bios update.

On ALL USB ports/controllers, that’s not bios update related for sure.
Thats HW dying or driver issue/OS core corruption, my pov only.

@djfou20 @MeatWar

Post #1 updated

File updated to NVMeDxe5.Ffs version as of Nov 03, 2023

3 Likes

Hey Hancor, Thank you so much for your help. My old PC was really tanking out so i decided to pick up a PCIE adapter and an NVME drive assuming it would work right as i put it in and that was not the case lmao. Attempted to follow the original tutorial by myself but no dice. Thank you so much for uploading the already edited file, then i followed the rest of the tutorial and boom it worked. A few years later you are still a legend Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I encounter a problem, when I use an nvme hdd in a pcie port the SLIE connection of my graphics cards is no longer recognized. SLI only works with a SATA HDD. Does anyone have a solution?
Another thing, for those who experienced the same problem as me: my Intel Core 4790k would not reboot. It was necessary to turn the machine off and then on again. The solution is to flash the BIOS and ME with the latest version of the MSI BIOS. Then just flashed the bios with the one provided by Hancor.
Thanks for the work Hancor!

1 Like