[OFFER] Var. ASUS Sabertooth X79 BIOSes (NVMe/Bifurc./uCode/OpROM)

@chi Check your Memory and CPU frequency in CPU-Z while under load.
Make sure you re-applied your OC settings (if you OC’ed your CPU/RAM).

[quote="Lost_N_BIOS, post:140, topic:32281"] @chi - possibly microcodes? Is your ME FW in working condition (ie you see ME FW version, not N/A or 0.0.0.0)? Or, could be RST changes if you are using RAID
Probably the microcodes though, I've seen reports of performance loss at GFX, HDD/SSD and GPU with the Spectre/Meltdown patched microcodes [/quote] Spectre/Meltdown were already disabled (with Inspectre) when I tested the new BIOS. I also enabled them just to check and the performance went down even more... So I don't think it's microcode related. My system is not OC'd, I don't use RAID and both Marvell and ASM1061 controller are disabled. Both BIOSes were tested with exactly the same settings! The saved .CMO files are identical (HxD compared). The only thing I didn't check with the new BIOS was the ME FW version, but on the prev. BIOS (current) it says FW: 8.1.65.1586 and MEI drivers: 11.0.5.1189. Is there something else I could/should check?

BTW: Thank you very much to both of you! I really appreciate your work :)

That only helps on software side mostly. If it’s not microcode related, then only other thing it could be would be RST modules if you are usign RAID, otherwise maybe your ME FW got messed up?
Sorry, I don’t know what CMO file is? If that is some saved BIOS setting, make sure it’s from (created on) this same exact BIOS version, otherwise you may have issues.
I did not change ME FW, and I meant for you to check in the BIOS at Main BIOS page, or in HWINFO64, not what you see by inspecting BIOS. Drivers do not matter to what I meant.

You’re welcome, sorry I can’t tell you cause of this issue, BIOS is same as one you used before, except for the only changes you see mentioned at change-log in the downloaded package/
Since you do not use RAID or Marvell, there is no need for you to use that latest BIOS update anyway, especially if you are disabling Spectre/Meltdown patches at software-side. Go back to previous mod BIOS, nothing in the new one for your usage scenario

I don’t know if this will help, but I updated the BIOS that Lost_N_BIOS edited for me in publication # 134 and it worked perfectly without crashing or drop fps. I tested 2 games for fps and at both fps it was normal with no drops.

Edit - @Lost_N_BIOS Thanks so much for the update you made on bios, but I saw that a lot of new options have come up in this bios that I have no idea what it is. So I don’t want to be ungrateful, but could I create a new bios just by updating the nvme driver and microcoding? I know I ordered the bios with all the options, but I saw that, besides not being suitable for my use, I also don’t know what to do and how to work on the new bios options. Thanks again and sorry.

@sergio987 - thanks for your feedback about those performance issues other user noticed. Maybe he could try reflash? Not sure if it would help, but something to try, and load optimized, then set settings manually (don’t use profile files)

You can ignore the BIOS options you don’t need to use, that would be easy way to fix Or yes, if you just want stock BIOS with NVME Mod and latest microcodes I can make for you, if that is what you want let me know what version and I will do.

If not bother you. Can be same model as previous bios 4701

@sergio987 - NVME+Microcodes only >> SABERTOOTH-X79-4701-uCodes-NVME-10-13-2019

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you very much!!!

You’re welcome @sergio987

@agentx007
Hi,
In your post #141 you say @chi to check memory and cpu frequency.
After i update to latest modded bios from post #134(from @Lost_N_BIOS ) i had this problem:
I cant go over 1333mhz of memory (i have corsair dominator platinum 16gb (2x 8gb) 1866mhz).
I enable XPM profile in bios setting but still it says 1333mhz in bios main menu(right from total Gigabyte of memory, not in advanced settings).
Also in cpuz it gives me 667mhz frequence per dimm.
can someone of you help me? @Lost_N_BIOS @agentx007 ??

@Nitrako - That’s probably due to ME FW corrupted. I think you already solved this as mentioned in PM, but if @chi needs to check, look at BIOS main page and see if you see ME FW shown, if not check with HWINFO64 in the motherboard section. If you see N/A or 0.0.0.0 this is corrupted ME FW

@Lost_N_BIOS
No, after i flash SABERX79.cap via flashback,
ME Firmware from “N/A” goes to "8.1…"
but still ram wont go over 1333mhz.
Ram is 1866mhz btw!!

UPDATE1: Problem might solved when i flash bios from post #147 via flashback.
(SABERTOOTH-X79-4701-uCodes-NVME-10-13-2019.7z)
which means that problem is not occured by ucode updates or NMVE( if ucode from bios #134 is as correctly as the one from #147).
So propably something going wrong with (+bifurcation mod et all) or (updated RST/RSTe as presented in stock BIOS layout, updated Marvell) from post #134

UPDATE2: i flash bios from post #33(in this thread [GUIDE] Adding Bifurcation Support to ASUS X79 UEFI BIOS (3))
(Saber-X79-4701-uCode-NVME-PCISub-SystemAgentSwitch.7z)
again everything looks ok, so the problem with ram frequence doesnt come from Bifurcation mod(if bifurcation mod in bios from post#134 is as correctly as the one from post #33(in this thread [GUIDE] Adding Bifurcation Support to ASUS X79 UEFI BIOS (3)) .

UPDATE3: i flash again bios from post#134 but again memory frequency can’t go over 1333mhz…
Also CPU VSSCA VOLTAGE CAN’T go over 0.925 as its set manual in 1.200v(manual offset)…i say again this problem solved if you flash bios from post #147 or bios from post #33(in this thread [GUIDE] Adding Bifurcation Support to ASUS X79 UEFI BIOS (3))

@Lost_N_BIOS
Can u make two Bios to test what is the problem:
1)Take the bios from post #147(in this thread [OFFER] ASUS Sabertooth X79 4801 beta BIOS (compl. updated incl. NVMe support [v4]) (10)) and add bifurcation mod et all
2)Take the bios from post #147(in this thread [OFFER] ASUS Sabertooth X79 4801 beta BIOS (compl. updated incl. NVMe support [v4]) (10)) and add (updated RST/RSTe as presented in stock BIOS layout, updated Marvell) like you did in bios from post #134( in the same thread as previous)

All is fine, it’s due to what you did at first attempt with fixed BIOS I sent you >> -rewrite option at entire BIOS, I forgot to put -bios flag in command I sent you.
Previous mod BIOS is fine, tested by several users, all issues you ran into due to what we did for your system only. Stop using -rewrite, that only for certain situations, and limited usage (Just saying now, in case you keep using it)
BIOS at 147 may be issue, but I doubt it. However, do not use that to flash entire BIOS or ME, nor use that BIOS ever with FPT, this is a stock BIOS, USB Flashback ONLY ALWAYS. If you flashed this EVER with FPT, then you lost your NVRAM, serial, UUID etc again.

I forgot to ask too >> when you enable XMP, did you also change memory speed to whatever you want? if not, do that now, does it still remain at 1333, if yes, probably ME FW issue, unsure, need to see MEInfo report from you still.

@Lost_N_BIOS
i will post here again Asus Saberx79 Modded bios 4701 request for all others who are interested about those mods:
1)NVME to latest
2)Ucodes to latest
3)Bifurcation with all hidden controls(+ PCISub, SystemAgentSwitch,) and fully unlocked bios
4)Update iRST (w/RAID TRIM), RSTe (Update to any "safe" version you want)
5)Update LAN
6)Update Marvell

@Ntrako w/ 4701 BIOS?

yes i have corrected it…bios version 4701

@Ntrako - Please test this BIOS first (via USB Flashback) - this was my starting base for recent mods here, if there is some issue remaining it could be carried from that and no one reported issue on that BIOS
[GUIDE] Adding Bifurcation Support to ASUS X79 UEFI BIOS (3)

I have already test it(you can see my post #152 ,Update2)
At least there is no issue with ram frequence

OK, thank you for confirming that one is OK! Next, I will update ONLY microcodes to latest, before doing rest, that way we can rule out any microcode related bug, since we know ME FW is OK, yet memory/XMP is messing up.
Please wait, sorry I can’t do this now, will do it first thing tonight when I get back.

* Edit - @Ntrako - here is that initial test for you, rest I will do tonight. This is BIOS mentioned above + all ucodes updated only

Flash only by USB Flashback

I dont have any issues.
Everything is good right now with VCCSA Voltage and ram frequence
you can continue :wink: