[Outdated] Recommended SSD Tools

@ all:

Although the new version 4.6 of Samsung’s famous SSD tool named Magician hasn’t not yet been officially presented and linked within Samsung’s download page (>LINK<), I found it by chance after having customized >this< direct link.

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• updated: Samsung Magician (now v4.6 dated 04/12/2015)
    The details about the updated tool are not yet available.
  • SanDisk SSD Dashboard Software v1.4.0 dated 04/13/2015

Here are some screenshots of Samsung’s Magician SSD tool v4.6:

Samung Magician v4.6.png

Samsung Magician 4.6 Info.png

Samsung Magician 4.6 Benchmark.png

Samsung Magician 4.6 Performance Optimization.png

Samsung Magician 4.6 Firmware Update.png

Enjoy the updated Samsung Magician tool!
Fernando

Your direct link points to v4.5.

Yes, that is the direct link given until now at Samsung’s download page. As I have written, you have to customize the link (from "4.5" to "4.6") and you will get the new version 4.6 directly from Samsung.
Here is the already customized direct link: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/s…n_Setup_v46.zip

"Page not found" when clicking on the modified link.

It seems, that Samsung has removed the tool from the usual location.

New Link:

Edit by Fernando: Unneeded non-Samsung link removed. A working download link is within the start post of this thread.

@ svebu2006:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Thanks for having uploaded Samsung Magician v4.6, which has not yet been officially presented by Samsung, to an extern file hoster and for having posted the additional link here.
Since I am not sure, whether Samsung has just moved the storage location or withdrawn the new Magician version 4.6 completely, I want to avoid multiple private download links to this tool within this Forum.
If the new and already world wide spread Magician v4.6 should have been internally pulled by Samsung because of severe bug, I will remove the related link from within the start post of this thread.
I hope for your understanding.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Fernando; what are your thoughts on using Samsung Magician’s ‘Rapid Mode’ for Gaming, such as CS:GO? I’ve heard that it’s only for improving benchmarks, then others say to use it for gaming that’s the whole point of it.

@ sfektsz:
Since I never used the Magician Rapid Mode while playing games, I cannot answer your question.
According my own experience this Samsung Magician feature gives extremely good numbers while running any synthetic benchmark tool, but the user does not benefit from it while doing his daily work. Instead of a better performance he may get an unstable system.

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• updated: Samsung Magician (now v4.7 dated 08/31/2015)
  • updated: Intel SSD Toolbox (now v3.3.1 dated 08/17/2015

Enjoy the updated SSD tools!
Fernando

@Fernando

new ADATA SSD ToolBox version 2.3.1 released

http://www.adata.com/AppStore/SSDTool_version2.3.1.zip

@Fernando ,
last Corsair SSD tool is v1.2.2.5

@ ErfanDL and @ 100PIER:
Thanks for the infos!

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• updated: ADATA SSD Toolbox (now v2.3.1 dated 05/18/2015)
  • updated: Corsair SSD Toolbox (now v1.2.3.5 dated 08/24/2015)

Enjoy the updated SSD tools!
Fernando

Topic: NVMe devices and SSD Tools
This is a quick summary on SSD Tools I observed when using a NVMe device.
Some of current SSD tools does not detect any NVMe devices such as CrystalDiskInfo (Hiro wrote me it is a very difficult task).
SMART infos are generally not ‘detected’ (Speccy, DriversCloud)
Regarding the Firmware version displayed for i750 NVMe the values displayed are very ‘surprising’…
Intel SSD Toolbox, HWINFO64: version “8EV10171” is correctly reported.
ANVIL, ASSSD,SIV64X, report a Firmware Version “0171” !!
DriverControllerInfo, Magician v4.7, Speccy report: "E81V1017"
So, be aware of these ‘abnomalies’.

@ all:

The specific SSD Tools built by the SSD manufacturers themselves are usually the safest and probably the best.
Unfortunately the currently available versions of Intel’s SSD Toolbox (v3.3.1) and Samsung’s Magician (v4.7) do not fully support the latest NVMe SSDs of the related Companies, but we can expect newer and better versions of these tools vey soon.

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• updated: Intel SSD Toolbox (now v3.3.2 dated 10/07/2015

Enjoy the updated SSD tool!
Fernando

The newest firmware comes on the drives but you have the option to upgrade if available.

I get 400mbs on my old MB running a PCIe controller card

@OdinSon ,
Yes, i now use the last Corsair and Kingston available SSD tools versions.
No problems with them.

@ OdinSon:

Off-topic:

Please shorten your signature. It uses too much space. 3-4 lines are enough.

Is it safe to use SSD with windows XP?