[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

I just found a thread today about a newer image of windows 7 with IE 11 and part of DX12. But apparently still without nvme and xHCI
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1972197-1-1.html

I think some mobo manufacturer would have access to the xHCI hotfix/A36D driver. Just hoping for them to be too eager to promote the sales and release that. But I’m not sure if it’s likely to happen. Given that even B365 has been released but no drivers for B360

@RMSMajestic

Well that’s interesting, looks like the repack mentioned on MDL but didn’t know it had DX12 packages in it. Might try to extract them. I doubt MS would ever release an xHCI driver on their own, an internal leak of Intel’s A36D would indeed be more likely as you are implying.

@RMSMajestic

Thanks for link.
Just to clarify, the B360 is Intel’s chipset and it is a 300-series chipset. Intel has already released W7 drivers for that chipset in an earlier revision. Intel are no longer releasing those kinds of drivers, leaving that to msoft.

I am currently looking into why the drivers won’t start, even though they are loaded in memory. At the moment, I am theorizing it has to do with a driver that sits between the xHCI driver and the Windows kernel.

The driver that msoft now issues with W7 will run only their USB 2 drivers but not on a newer chipset like the Intel 300-series. The xHCI driver is designed to run both USB2 and 3 in parallel which is somewhat different than their previous setup where the OHCI, EHCI, etc. drivers were miniport drivers running off the driver between the kernel and the miniport drivers.

The newer 300-series Intel chipsets cannot run USB on W7 without the xHCI driver, either in USB 2 or 3 mode. A driver needs to be found to interface the kernel with the xHCI driver. If there is such a driver for the Intel W7 xHCI driver for early 300-series chipsets, it can’t be too much of an issue.

Hi @Fernando ,
I am very happy to join this forum, and found this thread.
Can you please give me a usb 3.0/3.1 driver for my PM?
My system :
GA-Z390 UD, Coffee Lake

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_84DB103C&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_84DB103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C03

Win7 x64

Thanks

I kinda wish there’s an option for me to disable USB 3 completely and have a somewhat usable system (I don’t consider Winbugs 10 usable). Is there any possibility for modifying the BIOS/UEFI for that?
Again, just saying. I’m not at all a fan of USB 3. For 10 freaking years they still yet haven’t solved interference with 2.4Ghz and it’s driving me nuts. I personally prefer eSATA much more.

If there’s a driver released for B360 motherboards then it shoudl work with Z390 and all other mobile chipset. Since they all have the same hardware ID fro USB controller. (H310 v2 and B365 are different stories). Z370 do have USB3 drivers for W7 but it’s an older controller

@eddie1 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

If you do a search for “DEV_A36D” within this Forum, you will realize, that I have already tried to modify the latest Intel USB 3.0/3.1 driverpack to make it compatible with the DEV_A36D Controller while running Win7, but it didn’t work.
As long as Intel doesn’t deliver a Win7 driver, which natively supports its DEV_A36D USB 3.1 Controller, affected users have only the options either to obstain the on-board USB 3.1 ports or to install Win10.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@RMSMajestic :

I don’t know, but you should better ask this question within the “BIOS Modding” Sub-Forum and not within the “Drivers” one.

Hi @Fernando

I am very sorry to hear this result… It seems that I can only choose to use win10 which is more problems and more instability.

But I still have to say that I am much appreciate your unpaid and enthusiastic help to us and help a lot of people. thank you

First of all, thank you for this Forum. I have searched many web pages before getting to this one, and I feel this time I may get an answer for my problem.

I am having serious problems with EMI:
My system has a touchscreen, a keyboard and a mouse connected to the PC through an USB hub. During work time, the hub gets disconnected and reconnected several times, due to the EMI, until it eventually is not recognized by Windows; what is more, sometimes unplugging and replugging the USB connector does not solve the problem and I must restart the machine. I have tried many things to reduce the EMI, but it is not possible to completely remove it, thus a software solution is needed.

Is it possible to change the drivers behaviour with the installation of your USB 3.0/3.1 modded drivers? Am I missing something important and it cannot be done? Which drivers should I be changing? At first, I thought the only solution was to get the source code of the drivers (.sys files) and change them, but now it seems to me that I can change their behaviour by modifying the .inf file. Is it correct? Can anything be done to make Windows not discard the devices after many unplugs and replugs?

I have tried all I could find regarding regedit, Device Manager, devcon.exe… but none seems to recover the system after Windows has decided the devices are faulty.

Is it possible to get the source code for the drivers?

Thanks in advance

[My system:
Windows 7 Embedded (WES7P). I have tried it with and without the Convenience Rollup Update WES7. I have also checked it with Windows 10, and the problem persists.
Intel i5-4570S. 8Gb RAM
USB hub: Hub D-Link DUB-H4 rev D1 (https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/products/dub-h4-4-port-usb-2-hub). Not powered, as powering it seemed to increase the disconnections
Keyboard: I am using a custom keyboard, but have tested several commercial ones, and they all have the same (mis)behaviour.
Screen: Elo Screen with touchscreen. I have tested some other screens, and the (mis)behaviour is similar (but not equal).
Mouse: Trackman Marble, from Logitech.]

I am using the default drivers from Windows, and later have tried to update them in the Device Manager, but no update has been done.

@Asier :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Although I don’t have much knowledge about the impact of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) on USB connected devices, I seriously doubt, that any modification of your in-use USB driver or its INF file will solve your problems.
As far as I have read about this issue, you may have to keep your PC within a certain distance from other in-use electromagnetic devices.
Hopefully somebody else among our Forum members knows more than me and can help you.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
Thank you for your answer .

I am afraid I have already tried to keep my system as far as possible from the EMI, but it seems it is not possible to completely remove it.
With Linux, I was able to dig into the source code and change some timeouts. This way, I corrected the EMI problem in that system.
That is why I wanted to modify the. sys or. inf files… Is it possible to get the source code for the drivers? Which drivers would I need to work on?

Thanks in advance

@Asier :
You can look into any SYS file by using a hex editor like HxD and into any INF file by using any text editor.
Since any modification of the SYS file code can make the driver unusable, I do not recommend to it (btw - I have never tried to modify a SYS file).
What you can do is to look into the INF file(s) of your currently in-use USB driver and search for any EMI related entries. Then you can let me know the driver details and the location of the EMI related text.

Once again, thank you for your suberb support.

I had already looked at the inf files, but had found nothing regarding the EMI, number of disconnections, keep alive… I had already tried some of them in regedit, but none made any difference : IdleInWork… (I am not in front of my computer, so I cannot remember all the names)

Does anyone know of any "please do not disconnect" feature? Any "I am a faulty device" one?

Regarding the sys file, I thought of the source code. Is it possible to get it? If not, how difficult do you think it would be to do an own one?

Thanks again.

The code is not a secret, because it can be seen and changed by everyone (not allowed due to the copyright laws).
Nevertheless I do not recommend to modify a SYS file unless you are a real expert regarding this specific kind of driver modding.

@Fernando :
These are the values I have checked in REGEDIT. Some of them did not exist in my system and some others only existed for a few devices: IdleInWorkingState, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, HcDisableSelectiveSuspend, HubG\DisableOnSoftRemove, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, WdfDefaultIdleInWorkingState, WdfDefaultWakeFromSleepState, DefaultIdleState, DeviceIdleEnabled, DeviceIdleIgnoreWakeEnable, UserSetDeviceIdleEnabled and DefaultIdleTimeout.

Yesterday, I forgot to say that when the USB hub is not recognized, the identifier is shown as VID_0000&PID_0000

Thanks in advance,
Asier

Is it possible to get the source code? Or are you just talking about modifying the binary content of the sys file?

Thanks in advance,
Asier

Yes, but I do not recommend to try that.
Regarding the “source code” you should ask the chipset manufacturer, but I doubt, that you will get it.

@Fernando

Do you know if it is possible to develop a full USB hub driver starting from the usbsamp USB sample driver from Microsoft? [https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-dri…ter/usb/usbsamp]

@Asier :
No, I neither know it nor will try to get knowledge about it.

@Asier

Do you mean electromagnetic interference or is this some new jargon?

If you are in a normal environment, even with strong radiation from fluorescent lights, EMI should not be an issue on a properly grounded computer system. If it is, you likely have a broken ground/shield connection on a cable that requires a good ground.

Where are you using your rig, right next to a 50 HP electric motor, or in a factory?

Even a CAT 5 unshielded LAN cable running at 100 Mhz doesn’t pick up EMI from a normal home or office environment.

If it’s coming in from a dirty power line, you need a filter to get rid of the EMI spikes. A good power bar should take care of that. I have seen situations in office environments where multiple computer power supplies feed harmonics into the line. In that case, you’d need an outboard power supply designed to filter out the noise.

If there are ground loops running in your cable shields, you need to ground the shields at one end only. There is no need to ground shields at both ends as long as there is a good common ground for all shields at one end.

Hello,

It’s possible to enable UASP on ASMedia 1242 ?