[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

Can you write a short guide about how to use the free IDA tool for this specific purpose?

I didn’t use IDA. HxD can do the job. The following hex replacements work for DEV_A36D in my Z390. No need to touch/resign original Hub and Switch Intel drivers, only the Controller. In iusb3xhc.sys (original sha1 de7424856b28bee131a6390b47a9bb4460f79213)

1. Replace hardcoded support for DEV_15B5 with support for DEV_A36D (Note1: 15B5 is now abandoned and superseded by 15DB, Note2: replacing DEV_15B6, big brother of 15B5, also abandoned and superseded by 15D4, does not work for me)

Offset   Replace   With
------ ------- ----
0x81B6E B515 6DA3
0x82AD1 B515 6DA3
0x95A8E B515 6DA3
0x96E53 B515 6DA3

2. Correct iusb3xhc.sys PE checksum

Offset   Replace   With
------ ------- ----
0x140 47A00C D32C0D

iusb3xhc.sys final sha1: 8ffe41d3537b16e3fbd61ad66c9e26302c0dc466

3. Edit INF as usual. I suggest commenting out (not removing) DEV_15B5 hardware support line, then adding the DEV_A36D one. While at it, adding support for DEV_1E31 should work without further modifications. Driver seems to include support for it (search for hex 311E), but I can't test it. The advantage would be not having to add the older, DEV_1E31-specific intel driver when adding multi USB3.x support to win7.

4. Resign as usual. Only Controller driver set requires resigning: iusb3xhc.inf, iusb3xhc.man, iusb3xhc.sys

@Reducer :
Hello bro can you do this modify in the driver and share with we to make a test to see if it will work?

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing (to save space)

@Reducer I understand the point of using a deprecated USB revision number, but wouldn’t the corresponding code also be missing features of the newer chipset?

@vergil250493 : Fernando is very well capable of reproduce hash with given info and/or request confirmation from people he trust. Most testers out there will be happier with a sample signed by him then.

@icycool : Actually there are not many options with a simple mod like this. 15B5 and 15B6 only difference is the number of USB-C (3.1 gen2) ports they can drive (1 and 2 resp). I’m not sure if these numbers actually are equal to the number of physical USB-C “connectors” in the mobo. My Z390 has 2 USB-C connectors (1 back, 1 internal for case front panel). 15B5 works for me, but 15B6 doesn’t (driver installs, but cannot be started). Those devices (DSL6340 and DSL6540 controllers) were superseded by 15DB and 15D4 resp (JHL6340 and JHL6540). No features difference, they just were manufactured with lead-free technology due to environmental regulations. I don’t know about remaining 15C1 device.

Replacing 15B5, I have working USB-A 2.0, 3.0 (aka 3.1 gen1) and 3.1 (aka 3.1 gen2) ports in my mobo. I have to admit that I’ve not tested yet my USB-C ports (both 3.1 gen2) because I don’t have a device with such a connector type.

Thanks for the clarification!

@Reducer : Thank you for the patch instructions, it seems simple and straightforward. Which version of Intel drivers contains the right files to be patched?

Here the drive working for 8GENERATION WIN7 64X someone can sign the drive i dont know how to do it ! but i can confirm it worked to me ! i just start windows in dev mode with disable signature requiriment.

https://mega.nz/#!2Btw1A6D!ac8p7miip0lX2…Zn6CVYlqC42V1ac

@Reducer :
Thanks for your detailed instruction, which offers the affected users the option to customize the Intel USB 3.1 driver themselves.
Although it wouldn’t be a technical problem for me to modify the iusb3xhc.sys according to your guide and to give the modded driverpack a digital signature, I will not do it. I don’t want to run into a Copyright conflict with Intel by changing the code of any of its *.SYS files.

@Reducer
Very good!You had found one of the ideas, and you can try 15DB.

@Reducer
ID replacement is just one of the ideas. In addition to 15B5 and 15B6, you can also pay more attention to 15DB, which is the closest way to the operation of A36D, but the disadvantage of this method is the lack of other devices support. I found three better ways to support future USB 3.1 devices, not only A36D. Because USB3.1 GEN2 have 9EDE, 31A8 and so on. It can support many devices just add the ID into the inf file.

@Fernando : please help~
Why I am here: I have a Win10 Acer laptop, and connected an external HDD on the USB 3.0 port: it kept looping connect + disconnect. It works fine on the USB 1.1 port but I really need the fast USB 3.0 port.
My Hardware is:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22B5&REV_35
What I have done so far:
I managed to install your modded Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller (I took the from "8-Series up"), however it is ow showing a warning sign on the controller in the Device Manager and no other USB device are showing around. I have this message in the "General" tab when I open it:

Update 1: I managed to accept the WIN-RAID CA into the Trusted Root, but the driver is still saying "Not digitally signed" when examined in the Device Manager "Driver" tab, however when I go into "Driver Details" I can see the Digital Signer~.
I used this page for that:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/manage-tr…ficates-windows

Update 2: I had Secured Boot enabled in the BIOS, had to switch from UEFI to Legacy boot, used this page to help and remove the error code 52 above:
https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-usb-…ital-signature/

Now all drivers are installed!!

However: my external HDD still connects/disconnects on USB 3.0

@jcn50 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Unfortunately I cannot solve your problem. Ask your mainboard manufacturer or Intel for a better USB 3.0/3.1 driver.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando : Hi again, thank you~~. I do not know if it is the cable or the device itself: but my USB TO IDE adaptor does not downgrade to USB 2.0 speed (even if it says so with an USB Tree Viewer), only to USB 1.0 speed (which is a shame! 12Mbps!!). Hopefully I did not fry my hardware, I will try to plug a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 device as soon as I can to confirm this.

Hi reduced and thanks for your help for the A36D driver

I tried to install vergil250493’s driver after a proper custom signing, but i get code 52 error on the driver info.
I have a Gigabyte z390 Aorus, you said the driver was working for your own z390, wich model do you have ?

@Fernando : It’s ok, your site, your rules.

@canonkong : Sure, 15DB is expected to work as well. I understand that you mean that replacing 15DB has measurable benefits over replacing 15B5, so I will try it, thank you.

@dricks : error/warning code 52 is related to signing problems. Mobo is Aorus Master.

This has nothing to do with my person. Copyright protection rules are internationally valid.

Reducer: a big massive thank you, your driver works with all the Z390 usb 2/3.0/3.1 ports of my Asus Z390 WS Pro (cpu: i9 9900k) running Windows 7/64 bit.

The machine comprises:
- Asus Z390 WS Pro motherboard (includes both Z390 and Asmedia USB ports)
- CPU: i9 9900k
- 64 GB HyperX 2466 DDR4 DRAM
- Radeon R570 gfx board
- Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB NVME SSD

The Win7 setup procedure was:
- Use Gigabyte "Windows USB Installation Tool" to inject NVME and Asmedia USB3 drivers into Win7 install ISO, and to create a bootable USB key with the ISO
- Enable CSM (Compatibility Support Module) in UEFI firmware, to boot off the non-UEFI USB key
- Boot the USB key, install Win7 into NVME SSD (at this point in the installer, Asmedia USB ports work for keyboard and mouse)
- Reboot into Win7
- Install latest Asmedia USB, Samsung NVME, Intel Ethernet and AMD Radeon drivers
- Let all the available windows updates install
- install wufuc (unlocks windows updates for gen-9 Intel CPU)
- Let all the available windows updates install
- disable windows driver signature enforcement
- sign and install your Intel USB driver

→ All works fine:)

This machine runs win7 incredibly well, I haven’t found a single issue.

I have the same motherboard.
Could you please send me the driver and the cert so that i can try it ?
My mail is
dricks2222 @ yahoo.com

Edit:
I disabled Windows 7 signature enforcement, using
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
and after reboot i was able tio install the drivers.
Everything seems to work perfectly

That’s really a shame that it only needed to replace four hardcoded values to have it working, and Intel disallowed it.
Isn’t it programmated obsolescence for Windows 7, while this OS is really kick ass ?

As for copyright, isn’t it allowed to modify binaries for compatibility reasons ? Because this is exactly the case here.

Has anyone managed to install Bluetooth on the Aorus Master now that it’s visible with the USB drivers?

@Reducer @Fernando
I found that the modified intel thunderbolt driver (17.2.70.3) can be used in other USB GEN2 XHCI controllers such as the A36D 9DED 31A8.