[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

Sure thing! Safe travels.

Laurent

Hello. I have a laptop lenovo ideapad 310 15iap

Apollo lake Toronto 5d2

USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID8086&PID5AA8&REV000B
USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID8086&PID5AA8
USB\ROOT_HUB30

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&SUBSYS_380317AA&REV_0B
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&SUBSYS_380317AA
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&CC_0C03

When I change the scheme above it gives an error 10
Version driver 5.0.4.43

My system windows 7 x64

@Mizou_Mizou :
Did you already try to contact the Dell Support regarding your USB problems? I think, that this would be the best solution.
Although I suspect, that I cannot help you, please post the HardwareIDs of the Renesas USB 3.0 Controller (right-click onto it > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").

@gienos324 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
If you want help from my side, you should give me the following information:
1. Which OS are you running?
2. Which are the HardwareIDs of the on-board USB 3.0/3.1 Controller (right-click onto it > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi @Fernando ,

Thanks for your answer. Thats for the controller :

PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_04961028&REV_04
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_04961028
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&CC_0C03

And root hub :

NUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_1033&PID_0194&REV_0004&SID_04961028
NUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_1033&PID_0194&REV_0004
NUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_1033&PID_0194

And a screen of the device manager.

Laurent

hop2.png

@Mizou_Mizou :
Thanks for posting the HardwareIDs.
Although I am rather unsure whether they will work with your system, I have just added the missing HardwareIDs to the 64bit Renesas Gen1 USB 3.0 Drivers v2.1.39.0 and gave them a new digital signature. The related drivers are attached. EDIT: They have been removed, because they obviously donā€™t work with the related hardware.
Please try them and report about your results. Donā€™t forget to import the Certificate before you try to get them installed.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot, I will give it a try tonight.

Just one quick question : I read many things about following a precise order when reinstalling USB drivers (starting from the chipset). Thatā€™s what I always do for new windows 10 installs of course.

But in my situation, would you install your new modded drivers right away or uninstall and reinstall the chipset before (and restart the computer in between ?).

Laurent

@Mizou_Mizou :
The "Chipset Drivers" have nothing to do with the Renesas USB drivers.
If you want to replace the generic MS Win10 in-box USB 3.0/3.1 drivers by other USB drivers (here: the mod+signed Renesas ones), you should do it manually according the "Preliminary notes" chapter, which you can find within the start post of this thread.

Hello.

1. My OS Windows 7 x64
2. My hardware ids:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&SUBSYS_380317AA&REV_0B
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&SUBSYS_380317AA
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5AA8&CC_0C03

1.jpg

Hi @Fernando

Still no luck, the transfer rate is stuck at USB 2.0 speedsā€¦ its really strange! Like before Aidai64 sees the ports as 3.0ā€¦ but the connexion with the drive is 2.0ā€¦

I tried Dell support, but still no luck.
I think im running out of options :slight_smile:

Best,
Laurent

@gienos324 :
Thanks for posting the requested details.
My estimation: Your on-board Intel USB 3.0 Controller will not be supported by any Intel USB driver (not even by modifying the INF file).
My advice: You should either switch to Win10 as OS (its generic in-box MS USB 3.0/3.1 drivers will work) or use a third party USB PCIe adapter card.

@Mizou_Mizou :
Thanks for your feedback. It is a pity, that the mod+signed Renesas USB 3.0 drivers didnā€™t work with your system.

For example through a adapter of the sata 3 dvd drive?

No, the USB adapter card should be connected to a PCIe slot.

@ all:
Update of the Start Post
Changelog:

• new: ā€œpureā€ 32/64bit ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v1.16.59.1 WHQL dated 08/15/2019 for Win10 (with DPInst option)

Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source package.

Good luck with these new ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1 drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Anyone here knows how to re-enable Secure Boot when deciding to revert back to the default MS driver in Windows 10 provided that I did not create a restore point?

@kevindd992002 :
You should be able to revert back at any time to the MS in-box USB 3.0/3.1 drivers by running the Device Manager, doing a right-click onto the listed USB 3.0/3.1 Controller, choosing the options "Update driver" > "Browse my computerā€¦" > "Let me pickā€¦" and pointing onto the device named "ā€¦ USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)", which is listed as "compatible Hardware".
The "Secure Boot" settings can only be done from within the BIOS.

@Fernando , if you still remember from a few weeks ago I already tried this. All my USB controller devices are now using the MS default WHQL-signed drivers but when I re-enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, Win 10 still doesnā€™t boot.

@kevindd992002 :
Your find verifies, that your problem has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
I suspect, that the location of the "Windows Boot Manager" (on the NVMe SSD) is responsable for not being able to boot in "Safe Mode".

@Fernando

I donā€™t understand. This definitely has something to do with this topic. The problem of not being able to boot with secure boot enabled only happened AFTER installing your modded drivers and reverting backcto the MS drivers. This has happened to me twice on the same system already. I can easily recreate the issue by reinstalling Windows in secure boot, installing your modded drivers, reverting back to the Win10 drivers, and then reenabling secure boot.

Iā€™m simply asking help from people here. Iā€™m sure that even after updating the usb drivers back to the MS WHQL drivers, there are still remnants of the modded drivers and secure boot is detecting those and not letting Windows 10 boot as itā€™s supposed to. Secure boot defends the system from rootkit attacks so thisnis expected behavior for non-Windows signed drivers.

Iā€™m really confused as to why you donā€™t consider this on-topic when itā€™s obvious that the modded drivers were the ones causing the conflict with secure boot. I mean itā€™s even clearly stated in the first post that secure boot will not work with these drivers. What gives?

@kevindd992002 :
Thanks for your interesting report and the additional explanations. Now I understand what you meant. I am sorry for having stated, that you post is off-topic.
Just for clarification: I never encountered a problem like you, although I have used the mod+signed Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers very often and replaced them thereafter by the generic MS in-box ones (just for comparison purposes). The reason seems to be quite simple: I have never enabled the ā€œSecure Bootā€ BIOS option with any of my PCs.
Now to your specific problem:
It seems to me, that the same issue will occur after the replacement of any previously installed modded storage driver by a WHQL or generic one (no matter for which Controller or who gave them a digital signature) - the ā€œSecure Bootā€ option will not be available anymore.
If I should be right, your issue is caused by Microsoftā€™s in-box security features and not by me resp. my mod+signed USB drivers. Furthermore I doubt, that this problem can be solved by trying to delete all traces of the related mod+signed drivers. Maybe the ā€œSecure Bootā€ option of a certain installed OS goes lost forever after having replaced any in-box or WHQL certified storage driver by a modded or not correctly digitally signed one. In this case only a fresh OS install will solve the problem.
As a consequence of your report I will add a ā€œSecure Bootā€ related info to the start posts of all threads, where I offer mod+signed storage drivers.
Thanks again!

@Fernando

No problem, Iā€™m glad weā€™re on the same page now. Before you add this info in the post, I want to be 100% sure first. Iā€™m still troubleshooting now but I have high hopes that removing any trace of the modded drivers will allow secure boot to work again. Secure boot isnā€™t like a one-time thing, you should be able to revert back to using it. As a first troubleshooting step, Iā€™ve used Autoruns to see which drivers are being used by the system and hereā€™s what I saw:

So even though I updated the drivers I see in device manager, I still see that the system is using them somehow. Those three sys driver files are the exact driver files included in your ā€œpure 64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 re-mod+signed by Fernandoā€ driver package. The problem is that when I go to device manager and double-check all USB controller devices there (even the hidden ones), I see that they all use the MS default drivers (other sys files). So how do I make the system NOT use these modded drivers anymore?