[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@RBRB-5000 :

No, I just wanted to show you the origin of your USB device troubles. This INF file is not a real driver, but just a placeholder, which had blocked the installation of the real USB 3.0 drivers, which are required for a proper function of the connected USB devices.

These names are obviously only given during a clean OS install, but not by an upgrade from Win7 to Win10.
Question: Which are the names and the probably wrong dates of the drivers of the Controllers, which are listed within the "USB Controllers" section of the Device Manager (right-click onto them > Properties" > "Driver" > "Driver Details")?

You can enter the subfolder, whose name is starting with "usbhub3.inf", do a right-click onto that file and choose the option "Install". No other subfolders are needed to get your on-board USB 3.0 Contoller and the connected USB devices working.

Thanks for letting me know but I am not an expert in this area

I have attached the picture with the info. I hope this is what you have asked for. The info of the 3 "Generic USB Hub" are similar and its the same case for 2 "USB Composite Device" and 2 "USB Root Hub".

As you have mentioned, I went to the subfolder "usbhub3.inf_amd64_c796d06af9ecbb15" and clicked install on the file "usbhub3.inf". The operation was successful but after I have restarted, I did not find anything extra in "Compatible Hardware" as well as under the "USB controllers" section of the Device Manager.

@RBRB-5000 :
Thanks for the information.
Here is my comment:

1. Your currently used Operating System is a bad mixture of Win7, which is not supported anymore by Microsoft, and Win10 v19H1, which is not up-to-date as well. Bad consequence: The originally installed Win7 drivers are still present and interfere with the later installed Win10 drivers and impact negatively the function of the in-box and add-on devices.
  2. All devices, whose drivers are shown as being v10.0.18362.1 or v10.0.18362.1110 dated 06/21/2006, are currently using the Win10 v19H1 in-box MS drivers. These drivers are as new as the OS. The shown date has been written by Microsoft into the INF files and is absolutely wrong and misleading. It is a common problem of all Win10 users and introduced by Microsoft to make it easier to replace the generic MS in-box drivers by special third party drivers.
  3. The devices, whose drivers are shown as being v10.1.1.38 dated 10/03/2016, are still using the Intel Chipset INF file named CougarPointUSB.inf. This is not ok, but I am unsure how to get the correct generic Win10 in-box MS USB 3.0./3.1 Controller drivers installed and the Intel ones eliminated.
    Last try: Repeat the action, which I had proposed within post #2433. Maybe it will work better now after the successful installation of the MS USB 3.0 Hub drivers.

As I already have written before, the best and maybe only possible solution is a fresh install of the currently latest Win10 version after having backuped externally your important data and erased all partitions from your system drive.
My support for you will end at this point. I have done what I was able to do.

Good luck!

@Fernando :

Thanks again for the detailed explanation.

Actually, I was not able to install MS USB 3.0 Hub drivers till now. The pictures in the last post were "Generic USB Hub" and I believe its for USB 2.0 and not for USB 3.0. Please correct me if I am wrong. Nevertheless, I tried your proposal #2433 but still I face the same issue (Cannot find an entry "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.00 (Microsoft)" with "Compatible Hardware" selected and also did not find "USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers" listed under "USB controllers" section of the Device Manager.)

As per your suggestion, I think its better to install clean version of Windows 10 and I don’t know when I will be able to do it. Never done a clean install with Windows 10 and also I need to get a hard-disk to back up my data.

Currently, I have Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Version 20H2 and it is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. So, I believe I cannot get the product key. I also tried "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" in command line but did not get any product key.
My questions :
1) To have a clean install, should I follow : "Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> More Recovery Options -> (Settings to open Windows Security -> Yes) -> Fresh start" or the classic USB drive way of installation ?
2) Will the fresh installation of Windows 10 take care of all the necessary drivers or should I get it from manufacturer site even if it supports Windows 7/ 8 only ?

@RBRB-5000 :
Since your questions regarding a clean install of Win10 have nothing to with the topic of this thread, I can give only a short statement:

1. If your currently used Win10 Home is activated, you don’t have to look for the license key. Your freshly installed Win10 Home will be automaticly activated, because Microsoft has put the related information into the mainboard BIOS of your system and the new OS will detect it.
  2. For a clean install of Win10 Home I recommend to download Microsoft’s latest “Media Creation Tool” named MediaCreationTool20H2.exe and to execute it. This tool will download the related ISO file and can additionally create a bootable USB off it. Installation order:
    a) Before you start booting off the USB Flash Drive, I recommend to unplug the power cables of all connected HDDs and SSDs except the one, where the OS shall be installed.
    b) Now you can boot off the USB Flash Drive. Choose the “Install” and not the “Repair” option.
    c) Let the Setup delete all existing partitions of the target Disk Drive and then create a new partition with an adequate size (depending on the complete size of the HDD/SSD).
    The rest of the installation will be done automaticly resp. according to your choice.
  3. Once the OS install has been completed, run Windows Update and let it install all the offered updates.
  4. Now run the Device Manager and look for devices with yellow flags. Do a right-click onto them and choose the “Update driver” > “Search automaticly” option. If the Windows Update doesn’t offer a matching driver, search for it yourself. Most important for your Intel chipset system are not the “drivers” for your chipset (will be automaticly installed by the OS), but for the Graphics Adapter, the Network and the Intel Management Engine Interface. The OS will give you the information, when you try to install a wrong/not matching driver.
  5. When everything works fine and the Device Manager doesn’t show any problem, you can reconnect the previously unplugged devices.

@Fernando :

Thank you once again for your detailed explanation.
I agree that my questions on clean install of Win10 is off this thread topic. I just want to clear my doubts on what is clean or better installation and the essential drivers.

I will update after the clean installation has been done.
Wish you a Very Happy New Year

Hello @Fernando
Im using your AMD USB 3.0/3.1 Driver and for some reason my USB 3.1 and 3.0 arent working. I dont know why is that happending and what are the causes coud be.
If you know a fix, please let me know.
Thanks

@LASTkrypton : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Within the start post I am offering different AMD USB drivers. Which variant/version did you install (for USB 3.0 or USB 3.1) and which are the HardwareIDs of your on-board AMD USB 3.0/3.1 Controller?
Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello @Fernando
I installed the USB3.1 driver. My motherboard is gigabyte x470 aorus ultra gaming.
Right now im testing a defferent usb driver becaus does ones didnt work. But here are the ids
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43D0&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43D0&SUBSYS_11421B21
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43D0&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43D0&CC_0C03

@LASTkrypton : Did you already try the Win10 in-box generic MS USB 3.1 driver?

@Fernando I did not. Should I.

Why not? The generic MS USB 3.0/3.1 driver was the first one your OS has used after the installation of Win10.

Ok. @Fernando
Im gona give it a shot.
Thanks.

I have a Asus PN50 mini desktop which has 2x AMD USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C (10 Gbps) 2x AMD USB3.2 Gen1 Type-A ports and 1x ASMEDIA USB3.2 Gen1 Type-A port. I was having issues with my USB-C enclosure causing UASPStore resets when transfering files. I was using Windows 10 LTSC which has an older (1809) Microsoft driver for UAS. Stability was better on Windows 10 20H2 with the newer Microsoft driver.

I have installed the 64bit AMD Radeon USB 3.1 drivers v1.0.0.13 WHQL and it installed correctly and performance seems decent and the enclosure is stable so far on LTSC.

Edit - The AMD driver does not support UASP so I have switched to using the Asmedia port with Microsoft driver which works with UASP and is faster.

Hello @Fernando & others,

I am really frustrated, because in the last years I used my mainboard -> Gigabyte Q87-TN very happy the last years with Win8.1 x64.
Now I have to change (it is a must) to Win10 x64 and I am fighting since 3 days with the USB 3.0 drivers by Intel (former created only for Win7), because the mainboard is not working fine according C States with the Microsoft drivers at Win10.
So I must find a way to install some adapted matching intel drivers and need to know, which both one I should take for the controller and hub.

Hereby the data from my device manager (C220 Chipset Series 8):

iusb3xhc (controller)
DEVICE "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&SUBSYS_50041458&REV_05\3&11583659&0&A0"
ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C31&SUBSYS_50041458&REV_05\3&11583659&0&A0
CLASS-GUID: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}

iusb3hub (hub)
DEVICE "USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&386c0ef0&0&0"
ID: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&386c0ef0&0&0
CLASS-GUID: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}

If somebody could help me to find a solution, I will very happy.
Thanks so much for your support.

@guiekalle How about a Dual-boot or a virtual machine ?
How about you just don’t use c states and let your computer run like I do ? AFAIK it is netter to let a desktop pc run, instead of using stand by modes, if often see some fixes in BIOS updates regarding stand by modes, that’s one reason why I don’t really like them on desktop PCs. Or you shut Windows down and reboot it if you need it.

@PatrickK

Thanks so much for your answer.

Dual-Boot or VM is not possible to use.
Without the Intel drivers (USB 3.0) -> currently with microsoft drivers the pc moves not clear through the C Step routine (from C2 up to C6).

And this was much better working under win 8.1, while the mainboard manufacturer (better Intel) creates a matching driver.
But now it´s EOL.

@Fernando I’ve got a weird problem since installing the ASmedia and Intel drivers (used DPInst.exe) :

At boot, my system will freeze either while entering my password (at login screen) or right after logging in. Next Windows will immediately send a toast notification regarding a “PCI Bus” device has been updated and my PC needs to reboot in order to finish installing the device. Any further reboot will still yield the same message. Going into the “PCI Bus” entry in question, Device Manager shows it is using the Win-RAID drivers…

I have tried selecting a different driver to use, and I have tried uninstalling the PCI Bus device and checking the “delete driver” box as well (which caused the system to reboot after completing the uninstall).

Any suggestions? Need more info?

@yoffnoff : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Does your mainboard/PC have 2 different on-board USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers (an ASMedia and an Intel ome)? Which OS are you running? Why didn’t you want to use the generic in-box MS USB 3.0/3.1 driver?

The easiest and best way to replace the mod+signed USB 3.0/3.1 drivers by the generic MS in-box ones is to do the following:

1. Run the Device Manager and expand the section "USB Controllers".
  2. Right-click onto one of the listed third party USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers and choose the options "Update driver" > "Browse my computer…" > "Let me pick…".
  3. Click onto the "USB eXtensible Host Controller" with the name "Microsoft" in its name, which is listed within the "Show compatible hardware" box and click onto the "Continue" button.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Repeat the procedure with the second USB 3.0/3.1 Controller.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

If anyone would be kind enough to help me find drivers for the following hardware id for windows 7 or help me by pointing me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_85FC103C&REV_10