[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@lmartins
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!

The choice depends on the OS you are running. If it is Win10 or Win11, I recommend to use the generic in-the-box MS diver. Otherwise I need to know the HardwareIDs of the in-use USB Controller.

Enjoy the Forum!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

is windows 10 thanks

HI :smiling_face: Can I have a link to the modded usb 3.0/3.1 drivers for intel 500 series mobile chipsets? i love your drivers for my previous computers which had different chipsets, but do you have some for the 500 series ones? looking forward to your reply. I’m getting very high ISR count for my wdf01000.sys drivers which are mainly the usb 3.0 and 3.1, but I read in another forum that after installing your modded drivers, their issues of the wdf drivers was gone. Its fine if you dont have a link. Just looking to see if you can help.

@Sirens
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
If you want to test a modded USB 3.0/3.1 driver, you should post the HardwareIDs of your on-board USB 3.0/3.1 Controller.
Enjoy the Forum!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

there are 2 host controllers in my device manager = 1. Intel(R) USB 3.10 eXtensible Host controller -1.20 (Microsoft).
It has 4 hardware id’s ;-
1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_381717AA&REV_11
2, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_381717AA
3, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&CC_0C0330
4, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&CC_0C03

2nd controller : Intel(R) USB 3.20 eXtensible Host Controller -1.20(Microsoft).
it has 4 hardware ids ;-
1, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A17&SUBSYS_380817AA&REV_05
2, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A17&SUBSYS_380817AA
3, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A17&CC_0C0330
4, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9A17&CC_0C03

looking forward to your reply :smiley:

@Sirens
Since I don’t have the required time within the next days, you will not get a reply from me before Tuesday.
Which OS are you running?

no worries, take your time. i was just worried thinking you ghosted me lol. I’m running windows 11 home edition, version 22H2

@Sirens
Mainboards with an Intel 5-Series chipset cannot use the Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers, which have been modified by me. The drivers themselves (= .SYS files) do not support old Intel chipsets lower than 7-Series ones. So the addition of the missing HardwareIDs into the .INF files doesn’t solve your problem.
I am sorry about it.

No worries bro, I have one doubt tho. In my device manager it says xhci host controller for usb 3.1and 3.2 and also shows a couples of usb 3.0 hubs etc, so does that still mean your great modded usb 3.0/3.1 drivers won’t work? I’m sorry, I don’t know much about hardware, that’s why I asked this question too. Anyways, thank you for the help.

@Sirens

May I know why you are looking for a modified driver? Do you have any problems with the Windows factory (a few months old) driver?

Hey what is windows factory driver? Is it related to usb ports and wdf01000.sys driver?

Modern Microsoft Operating Systems have generic USB drivers in-the-box, which should support all USB Controllers from all manufacturers. This USB 3.0/3.1 Controller is named <AMD/Intel> USB 3.10 eXtensible Hostcontroller - 1.10 Microsoft" and uses the driver named USBXHCI.SYS.
You can find the Controller name(s) within the “USB Controllers” section of the Device Manager.

Yea, I think have an issue with the windows factory driver.

Oh, so there is no fix for my issue, I see.

@Fernando hello,

can you help me to find the correct drivers for my system ?

Screenshot_1

this is my chipset and my windows is 11 x64bit

I coudnt find the matching driver in this post.

Tnx in advance

@zhelev81

LPC controller, not storage controller. The two have nothing to do with each other. Items such as this do not require a manufacturer’s driver as they have no practical relevance. If you want to upgrade anyway, I have included the latest Intel driver.
And no, the driver is not from 1968, it’s from June 2022.

Intel_PCH_pack.rar (9.9 KB)

@zhelev81
The USB 3.0/3.1 devices are listed within the “USB Controllers” section of the Device Manager. The only Intel devices, which are listed within the “System Devices” section, are the Intel Chipset and Mangement Engine ones.
For which specific Intel device do you need a driver and why cannot you use the generic MS in-box USB driver?

@Fernando
ok here is my problem and thats why i came to this forum.

i have usb 3.0 on my pc and when i have wireless mouse and keyboard logitech. As soon as i connect a pendrive in the usb 3.0 my mouse freezes.

how can i fix that ?

here is the screenshot of the usb from the device manager.

my windows 11 is fresh install and my drivers are installed from asus wibsite

here are the hardware id’s

Screenshot_3
Screenshot_2

best regards

Get used to always adress an issue providing the related ID ids.

Im sure that Fernando’s packages and Westlake have the requires updated drivers, still
you can debug certain issue connecting devices in separated, since you have 2 USB3.x controllers on your motherboard.

How to Check Which Controller the USB Device is Connected to (intel.com)

EDIT: Good, now you have reference HW IDs to check the package provided in the thread.
And by the way…the issue can be also USB2 devices (Most of keyboards/mice around) connected to USB3 hub or the device driver itself, even more an imput device with an HW problem.
Its very rare standard imput devices having trouble with MS default drivers on a clean OS install…im not sure if i want to point a problem with USB3 drivers, on your freeze problem.

1 Like