[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

Fernando,
I have applied your procedure to replace my current MS USB3.x drivers with Intel modded drivers.
I do succeed and fine.
However I observe a mismatch info on Windows Panel (not signed indication and signed Win-RAID CA):

Intel_USB3_01may18.PNG

What is your opinion ?

There is no mismatch within my current notebook system:
[[File:Intel USB 3.0 drivers mod+signed Pic4.png|none|auto]][[File:Intel USB 3.0 drivers mod+signed Pic3.png|none|auto]]

Hi Deiter , thanks for taking the time to try and figure out the Issue on my X99 system with the Cert. not being accepted on the PCI Bus at Boot and the Controller in Device Manager ( the Root Hub does work with 5.0.4.43 ) but unfortunately I am back to the same problemā€¦

this is very strange since 5.0.0.32 is accepted and so is the Cert. for the latest Series 14. Intel RST Modded Drivers I am also using now.

I have once again Rolled Back to 5.0.0.32 on the PCI Bus , Controller and Root Hub and everything seems to be working fine .

***Attached is the Output from the Import Cert Command from the Admin Prompt.

KB.

Cert.CMD Output.txt (2.06 KB)

Hi Deiter,
since the new Driverpack did not work with my X99 desktop , ( previous post) I thought Iā€™d try it on my new Laptop as a test , it is a Kabylake 7700HQ , but it had exactly
the same issue as my desktop , the 5.0.4.43 Cert. installed fine from the commandline , and the drivers installed fine, but on reboot the laptop went into "diagnosing your pc" mode and failed to fix itself or boot but once again F8 , then 7 to disable Driver Verification let it boot normally, so I installed 5.0.0.32 manually using the already installed 5.0.4.43 Certificate and everything is working just fine , like my Desktop , not sure if that helps you determine anything? I can run a few other tests if you need me too.

thanks again for your help so far.

KB.

Hi, motherboard Asus Prime B360. Original and modified versions from this topic are not installed (Error Code 10).
ID
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_86941043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C03

@Zimagor :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report!

According to the HardwareIDs your brandnew ASUS mainboard has a ā€œCannon Lake PCH USB 3.1 xHCI Host Controllerā€.
None of the currently available Intel USB drivers do support the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel USB 3.0 Conytroller.
So you have either to wait until Intel has released an updated USB 3.0 driver, which natively supports your OS (which one?) and the DEV_A36D Controller or I have to add the missing DeviceID to my mod+signed drivers v5.0.4.43.
What do you prefer?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Forgot to mention, Windows 7 x64. And of course, it will be great to add my deviceID to the modified drivers. Is it really going to work?

@Zimagor :
Attached is the freshly mod+signed ā€œnew pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 mod+signed by Fernando with DPInst optionā€, where I have added the support of your on-board Intel USB 3.0 Controller DEV_A36D.
Please test the installation of the 3 included drivers by doing a right click onto the DPInst64.exe and choosing the option ā€œRun as Administratorā€.
Donā€™t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate and to set a Restore Point before you start with the installation.
Please report about your result.
Good luck!

EDIT: The attached driver has been removed by me.

Hi Fernando, the driver has installed the instructions. The installation was no errors, but USB still does not work. In the device manager, a yellow exclamation point on the USB 3.0 controller. On the motherboard, the device is specified as 3.1 gen 2.
Hereā€™s more info:
Compatible IDs
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C03
PCI\VEN_8086
PCI\CC_0C0330
PCI\CC_0C03

@Zimagor :
Thanks for having tested the Intel driver.
The tesult is not a big surprise for me, because your on-board Intel USB 3.1 Controller belongs to a new Generation and obviously needs freshly compiled drivers (= *.SYS files). A simple addition of the HardwareIDs into the *.INF files is not enough.
What about ASUS? It is the task of the mainboard manufacturer to offer usable drivers for all on-board devices.

Yes, there are no USB drivers for Windows 7 on asus.com

You probably will have to wait until Intel has released updated USB 3.0/3.1 drivers, which do support the newest Intel USB 3.1 Controllers.
It is obviously not the best idea to buy the newest mainboard with brandnew on-board hardware devices, but to install an outdated Operating System, which doesnā€™t support them.

My tip: Use Win10 and your problems are solved.

Youā€™re right of course. At the moment, nothing remains. Interestingly all the same, what is the probability of the official release of this driver? Are there any examples like this before?

Only Intel knows the answer.
The problem in this case is, that Intel doesnā€™t offer any USB 3.0/3.1 drivers for Win10 and probably has no interest in developing new drivers for an old OS like Win7.

Thanks Fernando for your valuable supportā€¦
I am also waiting for your modded usb 3 drivers for Gigabyte H310M DS2 Motherboardā€¦

@mackrack5 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
If you want a modded driver, which supports your on-board USB 3.0 Controller, I need its HardewareIDs. The name of the mainboard doesnā€™t matter.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Its Gigabyte H310M DS2 MOTHERBOARD WITH I8700K

USB Hardware ID is As Follows
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_10

Thanksā€¦

@mackrack5 :
Thanks for the HardwareIDs. They are the same as the ones of Zimagorā€™s on-board Intel USB 3.1 Controller.
Since my mod+signed drivers, which I had offered >here<, didnā€™t work properly, Zimagor and you have to wait until Intel has released updated USB 3.0/3.1 drivers, which natively do support the new Gen2 of Intelā€™s USB 3.1 Controllers.

Thanks
Sure i will Waitā€¦
I am using your modded ihci drivers since windows xp ,at msfn forum with the help of nuhiā€™s nliteā€¦
Thanks for your supportā€¦

Hi, Fernando
I just wanted to thank you very much for your work here. After days of searching and trying various approaches (which all failed) I was finally able to add missing USB 3.0 ASMedia drivers to a Samsung NP700z5a (2012 era) laptop running Windows 7 64bit. This all started when I realized last week that my copy speed from a USB 3.0 rated hard drive enclosure was really running only at 2.0 speeds. BUT, after the updated drivers and the first appearance of "3.0" in the USB section, I still am only copying at 69 MB per second. New to my Device Manager, thanks to your driver package, is "ASMedia USB Root Hub" and "ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller." My chipset is the AS1042, not the 1042A. Any ideas of what i might have done wrong? I have also tried copies from a USB 3.0 memory stick. Same speeds.
-Bob
BTW I also tried a test with a Transcend USB 3.0 SSD, but it is formatted as Apple HFS+, so the driver is probably the bottleneck. Transfer rate was 5MB per second. If I can back it up somehow, I will reformat and try it as an NTFS drive.