[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@bobcov :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Not really. The ASMedia USB 3.0 Controllers are not the best ones regarding the speed.
Which are the HardwareIDs of your listed “ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller” (right-click onto it > “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”)?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi (from Berlin)
I am not at the computer, but I first found out the manufacturer from the pcilookup database.
Checking the database again, I see 1b21 as the id for the ASMedia 1042 family. I will update if this is incorrect when I get home and can check.
(I have checked and confirmed that the id is 1b21 and 1042.)
-Bob

@Fernando
Thanks for the USB drivers.

@saberman :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

You’re welcome!
Enjoy them!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
I seem to be having a problem with my USB 3 m-disc burner. Not sure if it is a problem with the USB 3 driver or something else. I have 100 GB m-discs that process very strangely. If I right click on the device and select properties it says 0 used and 37GB free. However, I can see folders under the root.
I need to test to see if it is the new driver. How do I back it out and reinstall the old ones?

It is very simple: Run the Device Manager, do a right-click onto the listed USB 3.0/3.1 Controller and choose the options “Update driver” > “Browse my computer…” > “Let me pick…”.
Now you will see a list with the names of all “compatible devices” and its related drivers. Highlight the previously used Controller name and choose “Continue”.
After the next reboot your on-board USB 3.0/3.1 Controller will use again the previously installed driver.

@Fernando
I right clicked on Intel(r) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and selected Properties->Drive and the Digital Signer is Win-RAID CA so this must be the device.
I then right clicked on it and selected Update Drivers->Browse my computer for drive software->Let me pick from …
It listed two drivers:
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
USB xHCL Compliant Host Controller
Do I select the second one (USB xHCL Compliant Host Controller) to rollback?

Probably yes.
Which are the HardwareIDs of your on-board USB 3.0/3.1 Controller (right-click onto it > “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”)?

@Fernando
>Which are the HardwareIDs of your on-board USB 3.0/3.1 Controller
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_31
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_86941043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&CC_0C03

@saberman :
Thanks, the Intel USB 3.0 Controller of my Z170 chipset system has the same HardwareIDs.

@Fernando ,
You wrote that the ASMedia USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers & Software Set v1.16.41.3 WHQL may work better than the latest?? Can you please elaborate?

Thank you.
Much appreciate your help…

When the chipset manufacturer releases a new or updated driver, I always hope, that the newer/updated one is better than the previous one. So this was just a suspicion without any proof for it.

I am sorry, but currently I don’t have the required time for any USB driver comparison tests. Furthermore I don’t use the ASMedia USB 3.1 ports of my system.

@Fernando :
I had the time so I searched your previous posts where you mentioned that you noticed that previous users had stated better performance and system stability with the older one. I suppose it is anecdotal at this point. In anycase thank you for your reply.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing (to save space)

@Fernando
So which one do I select to rollback to the original ones?
It listed two drivers:
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
USB xHCL Compliant Host Controller
Do I select the second one (USB xHCL Compliant Host Controller) to rollback?

@saberman :
If only 2 devices are shown by the Device Manager as being compatible with your on-board Intel USB 3.0 Controller and one of them is definitively the one, which is currently active and using the Intel USB 3.0 drivers, it should be the other one, which will use the generic MS USB 3.0/3.1 drivers. So you should choose the second listed “USB xHCL Compliant Host Controller”, if you want to roll back to the default Win10 in-box MS USB 3.0 driver.
I was irritated about the name “USB xHCL Compliant Host Controller”, because my Device Manager shows the Z170 on-board Intel USB 3.0 Controller with the name “Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 Microsoft”.

Hey guys,

Kind of did something stupid right now. Plugged a usb motherboard connector backwards. Was dimly lit and couldn’t see. Immediately my other usb devices on the back of the case went dead. Rebooted and repositioned the plug the correct way but even though the usb ports on the back of system returned the Windows Explorer kept on locking up. From there I disconnected the device I had connected on the usb motherboard port and full functionality returned. Rebooted to make sure and tested every port and now working like it should. Devices enumerate and no device manager issues. The usb device I used I think is fried but that was cheap anyhow. Was a little scary. I should be ok now I guess??

Know its not a driver related issue but just had a big scare. Thanks.

Hi!
I am trying to speed up my slooooow USB3…
My MB: GigaByte GA-Z77X-UD4H + i5-3570K (Intel 7-Series Chipset/C216) running Win7/x64.
A have latest (and last…) drivers: Intel USB3.0 v1.0.10.255, but my USB read speed ends at 155MB/s and USB write speed sharp-ends at 40MB/s…
No matter how ultrafast device I put there…! SanDisk ExtremeGo 64GB, tested at many computers to 200MB/s read and 150MB/s write for example.
This MB have also four VIA USB3, it has speeds a little slower (140/40), but when I use its "Turbo" utility, I reach 210/150 speeds on that SanDisk with no problem!
For Intel USB3, I cannot found something like this utility, and dont want to just use only VIA, because that ports are in the rear panel (I have two Intel ports connected to front panel).
Any help? Thanks!

What sort of help do you expect from us? We are not able to compile a better driver or to offer a “Turbo” utility for Intel USB 3.0 drivers.
You should better ask Intel for help.

Dear Fernando,
pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 mod+signed by Fernando with DPInst option.rar file is different in the title page and #1477 post. Is #1477 post driver the most up-to-date version?
Thanks a lot, GenDalF

Just asking, if someone here know, how to speeds-up Intel 7-Series/C216 USB3…