[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

I’m looking at Windows 7, no idea what the device IDs are for Cannonlake PCH based USB 3.1 boards - but from what I understand, none of those newer USB 3.1 onboard controllers are supported on Windows 7.

As you mentioned in another thread I made, the Windows 8.1 and 10 xHCI inbox drivers “might” work in Windows 7, but not without being signed somehow. I’ve been looking to see if there is a way to completely shut this off in Windows 7 x64 so that I don’t need to sign the drivers at all.

@Omicron :
Although I doubt, that a modded generic MS Win10 in-box USB 3.0 driver will properly work with the OS Win7, I can try to prepare such mod+signed driver for you and other interested users.
Are you willing to test it?

@Fernando :
I’d definitely be willing to test it - I already have been doing everything I can to make a test install.
I’ve tried the 8.1 driver (which requires UCX01000.SYS,) the 2015 LTSB one (which only requires the .sys, and the .inf,) and I was going to pull one out of one of the more recent 10 versions that required the other helper .dll you mentioned in my other thread.
The ultimate goal would be not to require a signed driver at all, but I’m not finding any way to circumvent x64 7’s driver signing enforcement regardless of any BCDEDIT options I set. I’ll have to add in a certificate no matter what.

This was my attempt at MDL: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads…rtifcate.77919/

@Omicron :
Tomorrow I will send you a link via PM.

Cool, I’ll look forward to it.

@Omicron :
Meanwhile I have tried to build a mod+signed variant of the 64bit MS USB 3.0 drivers v10.0.17134.1, which may be usable with Win7. The download link has been sent to you via PM.
Don’t forget to set a restore point and to import the WinRAID CA Certificate, before you start your tests.
Please test at first the installation of the Controller driver. It would be a great step forward, if you should succeed.

Good luck!

@Fernando :
Interesting… these appear to be a bit different than the xHCI drivers you mentioned in this thread: In-box Windows 10 drivers on Windows 7 - other limitations?

I’ll be busy for the next few weeks, but I’ll attempt installation on the Kaby Lake USB 3.0 xHCI controller on my H270 board I’ve been trying out other solutions with (aside from the already available Intel drivers which do work.) I’ll report back with any issues or if this succeeds.

Thanks!

Yes, I had to rename the *.SYS and *.INF files, because otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to give these drivers a digital signature.

Hmm, the certificate was installed without issue (as well as double checked,) but I’m still getting code 52 “driver not signed” errors when installing any of the provided drivers.

I even disabled the integrity checks and enabled test signing just in case that is necessary as well.

An update to this - I went ahead and also tried it via the boot option for ignoring driver signing. It did work this time, although it is indeed giving me a code 39 (driver corrupt) which means that the actual code is likely not compatible. I wonder if the 8.1 driver is closer to 7’s code instead of a recent 10 version of the driver.

And you can scratch 8.1 as well, it also is code incompatible with 7 in terms of the driver. 8 supposedly has a xHCI driver as well, but at this point, I doubt it would work either.

As a final test, I also extracted the xHCI and USB3 Hub drivers from the earliest build of Windows 8 I could find - 6.1.7850.0 (still marked as the 6.1 version,) which includes “UCX.SYS,” “usbxhci.inf,” “usbxhci.PNF,” and “USBXHCI.SYS” for the xHCI part, and “usbhub3.inf,” “usbhub3.PNF,” and “USBHUB3.SYS” for the hub part. Got further, but now getting a Code 37 for "unable to initialize the driver."

So - no. It looks like newer generic xHCI drivers do not work with Windows 7.

Hello, can you please give me the link for Cannonlake PCH USB 3.1 Windows 7 mod driver? I wanna test it. Dev_A36D. Thank you.

Hi Fernando,
latest Fresco Logic USB 3.0 host drivers (FL1000, FL1009, FL1100) are v3.8.34556.0.
Any chance for a "pure" 32/64bit drivers package?
Kind regards.

Yes, if someone gives me the link to the extracted drivers or a tip how to extract the EXE file.

Hi Fernando!
I have read you dialogue down below from May this year, when there was still no driver USB 3.0 for Windows 7 (Coffee lake).

My Hardware ID is:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_86941043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C03

I would like to know if you might have news in the meantime.
Thank you in advance for your information.
Greetings BrettiJohn

@Fernando shoot me a PM with the exe link if you can’t get it extracted.

@Lost_N_BIOS :
Thanks for your offer, but I got the Fresco Logic USB 3.0 drivers extracted myself by using the latest Universal Extractor.

@ all:
Update of the Start Post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” 32/64bit Fresco Logic USB 3.0 Drivers v3.8.34556.0 WHQL for Win7-8 dated 05/17/2018
  • new: “pure” 32/64bit Fresco Logic USB 3.0 Drivers v3.8.34556.0 WHQL for Win10 dated 05/17/2018
  • new: Fresco Logic USB 3.0 Drivers & Software Sets v3.8.34556.0 WHQL for Win7-10 dated 09/23/2018

• Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source package!

Good luck with these new USB 3.0 drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@BrettiJohn :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Although I am rather unsure, whether I can help you, I have sent a PM to you with links to 2 different mod+signed 64bit Intel USB 3.1 drivers, which may support your on-board Intel USB 3.1 Controller with the DeviceID DEV_A36D while running Win7 x64. Please test them both and report about your results.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I have created an account just to thank you for this thread. It was very helpful! :slight_smile:

@Fernando
On the first page:
ASMedia USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers & Software Set v1.16.51.1 for Win7-10
should be v1.16.54.1 ?

iWARR:
You are right - thanks for the info about my typo, which has been now corrected.

Hi Fernando,
Can you sent me the same DEV_A36D drivers as for BrettiJohn? Did him report to you?