[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@hize :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
According to the feedback I got only Intel will be able to solve the problems with unsupported Intel USB 3.1 Controllers.
It is obviously not enough to add the missing HardwareIDs into the related INF file.
If you want to test the mod+signed driver, please send me a PM.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Hize,

this is Bretti John.

I have read you post to Fernando.

Unfortunately, I haven’t still found a solution for my USB3.0 problem.
As Fernando writes, it might not be enough just to add the hardware ID.
Did it already work for you?

Would be great if you leave me a massage.

Greetings
Bretti John

Hi
My external western digital drives and sandisk USB stick works fine on USB3 .
But my friends Seagate usb 3 hdd is not recognized on my pc . on his pc, usb 3 no problem.
With me only via usb 2.

@DaYWalk3r :
I have no idea how to help you.
Which OS and which USB driver version are you running?

Win10 and the Intel Driver from Page1… i5 3470

I have the same problem and still cant solve it

So doing some testing using the following drivers on my Maximus Hero VIII

Version

Using CrystalDisk the 1.16.45.1 I got the highest read speeds. But for the highest write speeds came from the 1.16.51.1. The 1.16.54.1 for me came in dead last. Version 1.16.43.1 came in really close to read speeds of the .45.1 and I mean just under. But none of these drivers came close to writes of 1.16.51.1. I can post some screenshots if anyone wants them, but wanted to share my results quickly for anyone.

So i used the Intel 5.0.4.43 x64 Driver and the install went well. After reboot i used AS SSD to bench my ADATA 16gb usb flash drive to see if my read score was higher than the low 25 MB/sec read score of the MS drivers was giving me. Result: 149 MB/sec with these modded intel drivers.

Problem is, the second time i tried i only received 39 MB/sec. This is now where it runs every time i try. I checked device mgr. and all listings under USBdev are running intel driver except for USB composite device which is running MS driver. Any ideas how to get back up to 100+ MB/sec where it should be?

Hi Fernando - on www.intel.com there is a new version (v2) of the 5.0.4.43 Intel USB driver - 5.0.4.43v2 dated 9/28/2018

In the Release Notes in the Closed Issues section, all it says is

"Updated the installer “Setup.exe” to a newer version"

so apparently there was something buggy with the 5.0.4.43 v1 installer…

@ all:
Update of the Start Post
Changelog:

• new: Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers & Software Set v5.0.4.43_2 WHQL for Win7 dated 09/27/2018
    Note: Only the installer has been updated, not the drivers themselves!

Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the link and to KootchieKoo for the hint.

Good luck with this updated Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers & Software Set!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
I have tried to install pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0/3.1 modded Drivers on my USB WintoGo RS5 boot media key.
When installing (Dpinst64) I get failure for the both 3 components driver.
The USB key was located on a ASMedia USB 3.1 port, so a priori, no possible conflict.

Do you have any idea why this procedure does fail ?

Install_on_WToGo_failure.PNG

I doubt, that a simple USB Flash Drive has an on-board Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Controller.
Please have a look into the “Universal Bus Controllers” section of the Device Manager.

So still no support for 8086 A36D under windows 7?

No, a simple addition of the missing HardwareIDs within the INF file is obviously not enough.
It is up to Intel to offer an updated driver, which supports the related Intel USB 3.1 Controller.

@Fernando ,
My flashdrive is a SANDISK Extreme USB 3.0 64GB key.
This key is plugged onto a ASMEDIA USB 3.1 port of ASUS X99 Sabertooth motherboard.
The WinToGo RS5 up and running located on the key does interact with any other peripherals of the PC, and specifically with any Intel USB 3.0 ports.
So, current WinToGo RS5 USB 3.x driver is the native MS in the box v10.0.17763.1 driver.
Why it should not be possible to update this driver with Dpinst64 method to install Intel specific driver to handle Intel USB 3.0 ports ?
Under W10 x64 RS5 X99 machine I have updated USB 3.x driver from MS to Intel specific driver without any problem.

I have some B360&Z390(PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_10),they can not work on win7. They can work in win8.1(only in 3.0 mode),I do not care the speed and hope they can work on win7. I also extracted the xHCI and USB3 Hub drivers from win8.1,but not worked.
Could you help me to mod a driver support for 8086 A36D under windows 7? I will test it and report. Thaks.

@100PIER :
Even if it would be possible to install the Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers onto a mobile system drive (no permanent connection to a specific hardware environment), it doesn’t make sense.

@canonkong :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Thank you for your request. I have tried to customize the related .inf file, but the installation on 2 test systems failed. So I am obviously not able to build an Intel USB 3.1 driver, which will work with your specific on-board Intel USB 3.1 Controller. What you will need is a driver (=.sys file), which natively fully supports the related device, and not a modded *.inf file.
Only the Company Intel is able to add the required code to the related *.sys file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Mabye we can mod the driver from the win8 and win8.1, they can worke in 3.0 mode on win8/8.1,and some drivers can both worked on win7&win8/8.1. I think it is too hard to use DDK edit the *.sys file.

Hey Fernando

Quick question that I hope you can answer. I have an Intel NUC7i5BNH. Which one of the USB drivers do I need to download ? :slight_smile:

@terrybogard277 :
The required drivers depend on the HardwareIDs of the related on-board device (here: USB 3.0/3.1 Controller) and not on the manufacturer and model of the mainboard.