[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@Omicron :
Can you give me the link to the Intel Thunderbolt driver v17.2.70.3?

@GeluD :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Please post the HardwareIDs of your on-board USB Controller and the OS you are running.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Itā€™s the two you have in your OP, the 3rd driver under the Intel section you have MEGA links for.

I donā€™t have A36D though, so I couldnā€™t personally test them - but some others on here might.

https://mega.nz/#!5NV1AQYT!EmJQkzZ8i9uB2ā€¦nf-aQREhLegHPfw
https://mega.nz/#!IFUzXKxC!sUz-MGTcFMbJBā€¦CoFo1gKaRSps5-I

The OS is Windows 7 x64 and this is HardwareIDs. I need windows 7 on this PC

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_10
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_50071458
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&CC_0C03

@sonsuzaxx @GeluD @Eggbert43 @soyours
Following the idea of our Forum member Omicron (look >here<), I have tried to build mod+signed ā€œpureā€ 32/64bit Intel USB 3.1 drivers v17.2.70.3 for Win7, which may support DEV_A36D USB 3.1 Controllers.
Interested users may send me a PM and I will give them the requested link to the 32bit or 64bit variant.

I have used pure mod+signed ā€œpureā€ 64bit Intel USB 3.1 drivers v17.2.70.3 for Win7 x64 on gigabyte B360m with no luck. The driver is installing with no errors, but in device manager shows exclamation mark and no USB is alive unfortunatly. Thanks @Fernando for sharing and helping us. PCIex to USB seems to be the only solution for now.

Oh well, worth a shot I guess.

Hello! It did not work on Intel Z 390. (A36D) everything is installed but does not define usb!

@KAVOR :
Your mentioned Intel USB 3.1 DEV_A36D Controller issue while running Win7 is wellknown and obviously can only be solved by the chipset manufacturer Intel.
Only currently available solution: Installation of Win10.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

hi, i have problem with USB driver Dev_a36d on WIN7 - MB Gigabyte H310M S2V rev1.0, i want to change MB to ASUS PRIME H310M-R R2.0 with t his MB should be no problems?

@jkx :
Everything depends on the DeviceID of the on-board Intel USB 3.1 Controller. If it is DEV_A36D, you will have the exactly same problem while running Win7.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi all,

I downloaded the Latest modded Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers for Z77 and imported the certificate as per instructions but when I ran the DPInst64 as Administrator I got a BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. No drivers were installed. I tried to change them manually in the device manager and got a BSOD again. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

- lfbb

@lfbb :
Such BSOD indicates a device management problem and is not driver specific.
My suggestion: Reboot and retry the USB driver installation.

Dear friend, thank you for your help, but unfortunately these drivers did not start, " the device cannot start (code 10)"

Thanks for that. Though itā€™s not working.
I guess from now on I will just recommend every friend of mine to get Z370 instead of Z390. might pick another x299 or x399 for the future

@RMSMajestic :
Hmm, you know, whether it is /r/thinkpad, overclock.net, MDL, Ebay, Betaarchive, or otherwise, I can always expect to run into the same people somehow.

No, Z390 just isnā€™t going to work at all (or any unsupported xHCI controller,) weā€™ve even tried generic MS drivers from Win 8 7850 all the way to the most recent Windows 10. You can still suggest Z390 if they have a PCIe USB card thoughā€¦
I found something on Windows 7 PostRTM 7700 that could have compatible xHCI drivers on it, but never found a single lead on where to find it. Still lost in someoneā€™s private collection.

Well, sort of good and then bad news regarding the 7850 generic drivers.

I was able to track down similar issues with Code 37 due to needing a more up to date ā€œKernel-Mode Driver Frameworkā€ set on Windows 7, and tested both 32 and 64 bit after installing KB2685811. The good news is that it got further, and no longer yielded CM_PROB_FAILED_DRIVER_ENTRY (Code 37,) but now yields CM_PROB_FAILED_ADD (Code 31) meaning it cannot load the drivers at all (but did manage to call the entry point successfully.) Both have driver signature enforcement completely turned off, so that doesnā€™t seem to be the issue. Note that both of these error codes are different than what I get when I try to use the RTM versions of 8, 8.1, or 10.

I also used dependency walker to check the drivers, and said everything they needed (both the xHCI and Hub) was present on the system. Only thing that stood out is that the actual linker version used for compiling/linking the .sys files was version 10, while Windows 7ā€™s usual version number is 9 (but this shouldnā€™t matter unless I was trying to statically link the stuff myself, dynamic libraries should have independent interfaces for using them which should prevent this problem.)

Iā€™m a bit frustrated, I get the feeling that they are close to working - but trying to diagnose Windows driver stuff in a black box fashion is so beyond my knowledge level.

Did some more research: yeah, sure enough, the 8 drivers with KB2685811 still result in Code 39, but the 7850 drivers definitely get further to this Code 31 stage. Maybe they are dependent on something in the registry that isnā€™t created in the .inf? Or perhaps they reference something in the regular USB driver that was added in that 7 doesnā€™t normally have? Wish I had some help hereā€¦

I have a Asus Z270 Apex with Intel USB 3.0 EXtensible Host Controller with Hardware Idā€™s
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&SUBSYS_872F1043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&SUBSYS_872F1043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&CC_0C03
Fernando,would your pure" 64bit Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 re-mod with DPInst option be the correct choice to install over the stock Microsoft driversā€¦

@NIK1 :
Yes!

I tried a Samsung USB 3.1 dongle certified up to 200 Mb/sec writing, but I got only 25 Mb/sec on stock MS Win 10 drivers (Z170). Could the modded drivers help with speed?

Try it.
If you should not be satisfied, you can always revert to the generic MS USB 3.0/3.1 driver.