Problem: DX79TO not booting properly

It’s great man, you are really experienced in this. Do you work in the bios department of some manufacturer? I read this forum from quite sometime now and I often see you helping with any kind of problem!
My GTX 970 has a looooot of problems, maybe I would have better opening a thread just for it, in this way this thread remain pretty clean in case anyone experience the same/similar problem.
Also, I was thinking about uploading the modded bios for my Z170 K6 in the "Already modded bioses" section. I was waiting for a 6core-change-in-the-bios mod but I’ve looked everywhere and the PCIE fix link you sent me was just for PCIE, while the only guy in all the internet to have the 6core in the bios is Nick, who works at Asrock and has access to specialized tools. So yeah, I think I’m going to upload it as it is.

Thanks! No, I do not work for manufacturer, self taught and enjoy tinkering and that always leads to more knowledge.

Sorry, maybe I sent you wrong link, I’m pretty sure there is a core change thread count here somewhere, maybe two
Here is Fix HT thread, one I was thinking about - [GUIDE] Fixing HT for Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards (Z170, Z270)

Ohh wait, I think I know what you mean now, and not sure that is figured out yet, I was talking in PM with someone about this, maybe they have answer now @oldirdey did you ever figure that mod out?

I tried following that guide, the problem is I wasn’t able to. I get lost when you need to extract the raw files, in the part 2. I cannot open them with iASL, could you help me?

I’ve never done that mod, but let me look it over and I will see about getting it done tomorrow night (leaving right now or I’d see now)

I didnt know exactly what ItxLeo´s problem is. Cant you change multiplier at all or only for first 4 Cores? And what option in setup are you using?

HT Fixing Guide is for 2 things. One thing is that the ACPI table is exented from 8 to 16 cores. This is done like on newer Z370 boards with 8 core +ht support. The second fix is to sync all cores. But with method from dsanke settings from core 1-4 will be copied to core 5-8. So after you can sync all cores (up to 8) but you can´t change core ratio independent for core 1-8.

Actually in the bios I "can" change the multi just for the first 4 cores. I tried both the "sync all cores" and the 1-4 cores options. The problem is that even then in windows the multiplier is not changed. But if I open XTU it sees that the first 4 cores are oced and automatically apply the overclock. What I would like to be possible is being able to just set the multiplier for all 6 core, I don’t mind losing the per core overclocking feature. Are you able to implement that in my already modded bios? If yes could you explain me how to do it? If you have time, obviously

@Lost_N_BIOS Thanks a lot as always mate. Do it when and if you have time :wink:

Attach you actual bios file and I can try.

There we go https://www.sendspace.com/file/yn41ib

FIT table is broken in their stock BIOS for K6, sloppy to see that from a manufacturer! I can’t do step one, uefipatch fails to find anything, and I cannot manually find CpuMpPei, where did you find this module, please show me image

Actually when I put it in UEFIpatch it appears for 1 second a CMD black screen and then I got the image.patched. I’m not sure if it is working though. I will upload it here. https://www.sendspace.com/file/3m1cvb
Oh by the way, I’ve always used sendspace.com since you recommended it, it’s amazing.

You have to open command line at that location (shift+ right click on the main folder the files are in), then run the UEFIPatch.exe filename, nothing gets found or patched.

If you got patched image, it’s probably due to other patches that come with the UEFIPatch package by default (unrelated to this mod), you have to replace or rename the original patch and then put in this patches.txt from the mod thread.
Or run your own command line, ensuring these specific patches.txt from the thread is used, like this >> uefipatch.exe z17gmi67.rom patches-K6.txt -o patchedfilename.rom
So I assume that file is patched for the other stuff original in patch file that came with UEFIPatch (power management functions and locks for MAC), when these patches are used nothing is found within the K6 boards BIOS, so nothing to patch

I like sendspace too, but seems some have issues, more than a few times people mention “Do I have to enter credit card” to which the answer should always be no when your computer is online and you are not checking out at a store from a cart you filled

Yeah you are right. Doing as you described does not work so there is an issue with the FIT table.
Doing just the others step of the guide would not work right?

Nothing to do with FIT table, relating to this anyway. No, you can’t skip step one. I’m sure the modules we need to edit on step one are there, but I can’t find them due to it’s only half labeled items inside rest are numbered
If you make a post in that thread, with a link to your BIOS, and ask the OP nicely to take a look at step one and your BIOS in particular and asking if he can find the modules for you and show you which they are, then you or I can move it forward.
He would know better search terms, or hex bits to search for to find the particular file we need to edit.

Okay, I will

Okay, update:
@oldirdey managed to find the acpi tables. There they are https://filehorst.de/d/cEGcyomc
@Lost_N_BIOS could you give me a hand for what concern editing and using iasl on them?

First step needs done first, waste of everyone’s time to do step 2 if we can’t do step one. I will help once we know location of files needed for step one, otherwise it may be futile waste of time.

I went ahead and checked the files you linked, he’s done almost all the work for you, all you have to do is edit those files per step 2.3 in the guide and the follow guide from 2.3 onward.

Actually I managed to have the bios patched, and as snapi recommended I flashed it with just the patches. Now I have a bricked mobo lol. I will recover it in an hour or so and try again

@Lost_N_BIOS s.napi managed to patch the bios for me and this time it didn’t brick the motherboard. The problem is it doesn’t lock in the multiplier. There it is the patched bios: https://www.sendspace.com/file/9k2cwr

That’s nice he fixed the BIOS for you himself! So, is it supposed to lock in the multi, or does everyone on that thread report same issue? If not, then ask him, maybe he need to adjust something else a little more in the BIOS

Yeah he was really helpful. He also has been really quick, it’s incredible. The problem is that it still doesn’t lock in the multiplier, maybe because just the 1st step has been done.

EDIT
He fixed the bios with just step 1 and now it’s all up and running ^^