[Problem] Win7 x64 Install on ASUS X570-F with Ryzen 5950X

This is a continuation from my ongoing problem which I’m following up from here:

(you can read if you wish to understand the full story)

Since purchase a few Asus x570-F motherboards and another 5950x, in hope to get this working again.

I have tried booting into my original Windows 7 64-bit hard drive, but no success.
It freezes on the Starting Windows animation.

Trying to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 on a spare drive, does not recogise Keyboard and Mouse.

Tried installing using Gen2’s ISOs. While that did install, once again it freezes on Starting Windows boot-up animation.

Did replace ACPI.sys with modded version (through Windows 10 as main OS and Windows 7 hard drive as slave) in their respected directories. No luck. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

I was wondering if I might be missing something here?
Because I’m sure these motherboard were meant to be compatible and have used suggest methods described on these forums.

Once again, I would REALLY appreciate the help…I just want to have Windows 7 64-bit on my 5950x (is that too much to ask for? :cry:

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened and customized

@Windows7_Fan
You have recently started these 3 threads about your problems to get Win7 x64 installed onto an AMD X570 Chipset system:

1. [Problem] Win7 x64 Install onto AMD Ryzen 5950X with X570 Pro4 System
  2. [Problem] Asrock x570 Pro4 BIOS refuses Windows 7 64-bit. Can modding fix this?
  3. [Problem] Windows 7 64-bit install on Ryzen 5950x with Asus x570-F

Since I am pretty sure, that it is not your currently in use specific AMD X570 chipset mainboard with its specific Ryzen CPU, which is responsable for your problems, but a general mismatch of the desired very old Windows OS Win7 x64 and the quite modern AMD X570 chipset. That is why I would rather like to merge the content of all above listed new threads with >this< already existing one, which has been started already in December 2020 and may cover all your problems and their solution (if possible at all) as well.

For the interested Forum members and visitors it is much better to find all topic related contributions within 1 single thread.
Please let me know whether you agree with me or not.

1 Like

Hi @Fernando

Indeed I started those threads and whilst they do share somehting in common, the purpose of the topics are to serve different questions, and I feel it should remain separate for now.

I say this because another user of the internet who may have either similar or exact problems like myself to be able to search and read these topics more easily, and keeping it like this would be more accessible, rather than reading a merged topic with hundreds of post, it’ll alreday be overwhelming and off-putting.
I want people to resolve their issues as efficient as possible :slightly_smiling_face:

With that said, might you or anyone know why me x570-F motherboard keeps freezing up on the Starting Windows boot-up animation by any chance? :frowning_with_open_mouth:

On the other hand your test results seem to verify, that the manufacturer and the model of the X570 chipset mainboard doesn’t matter regarding your problem. Furthermore I bet, that a solution (if ever will be found) will be valid for all systems with an AMD X570 chipset and a 5000 Series Ryzen CPU.

By the way:

1. Forum users, who have a similar problem, are interested to read the solution, but not several threads and hundreds of posts about the problem.
  2. You cannot continue your tests with the ASRock X570 Pro4 mainboard, because you obviously have bricked its BIOS.
  3. >This< thread about the same problem has been started 4 years ago, but we haven’t seen yet any solution. If you should find it with your new ASUS X570-F system, all affected users of an X570 chipset mainboard will be happy to read your report!
1 Like

In that respect, you are correct and I hope future users will learn from this too!

I may have bricked it yes, however I’ve ordered a programmer and I’m going to see if reprogramming the bios chip directly can hopefully revive it.

And absolutely, if someone here can deduce my issue then i will happily make note of it here!