Recommended AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

@Tito : Thanks for your interesting contribution.
AFAIK there is no AMD AHCI driver available, which supports your posted HardwareIDs.
"PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43BB" are the HardwareIDs of the device "AMD USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller".
ASRock itself offers for the A320M-HDV R4.0 within its "Support" section a driverpack named "Windows 7 USB Patcher v2.0.21 *for AM4", which natively supports the HardwareIDs PCI/VEN_1022&DEV_43BB.

@Fernando

Interesting! But that doesn’t answer why the device is listed under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers instead of Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Not meant to correct Fernando…
Indeed u posted 43B8 so if ur seeing him under USB its the 43BB
42B8 ACHI (No driver from AMD, standard MS driver)
42BB USB3

@Tito :
MeatWar is right, the DeviceIDs of the AMD SATA AHCI Controller (DEV_43B8) and the AMD USB 3.1 Controller (DEV_43BB) are different. Due to my 77 years old eyes I have read 43B8 as 43BB.
I agree with MeatWar, that there is no AMD AHCI driver available for the DEV_43B8 AMD SATA AHCI Controller. So only the generic Win7-11 in-box MS AHCI driver can be used from scratch. Nevertheless I am pretty sure, that the latest OS specific AMD AHCI driver will work with the DEV_43B8 AMD SATA AHCI Controller, if the related *.INF file has been modded or the installation has been forced (by using the "Have Disk" option).

Hello Fernando. I came across this page and another one of your pages after searching for ways on getting the NVMe drivers for Windows 7 so I can install it to my Surface Pro 7.

I’m not as technically advanced as some of you in the forum but I’m wondering if this forum would be able to assist with my efforts?

So far I’ve attempted to create a bootable USB with Windows 7 install, which worked on a 4/5 year old laptop but not on the Surface Pro 7. When running the setup through Windows it gets as far as the first few pages of the install process before failing at recognising the USB and presents an error message referring to NVMe drivers.
I’ve also attempted to install Windows 7 onto a USB flash drive with WintoUSB, but I’m not sure if it works as my second laptop already has dual boot Windows 7 & 10 and I’m unsure if it’s booting from the already installed partition on the HDD (I believe this is the case because the internal HDD fan fires up compared to when attempting to boot from the USB where there is no internal fan noise).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@tutafourabit : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since Win7 doesn’t have any NVMe driver in-the-box, you have to integrate the related MS NVMe Hotfixes (see post #2) into the boot.wim and install.wim of the Win7 ISO file. Once the OS is installed and running fine, you can switch to another NVMe driver. Its choice depends on the NVMe SSD manufacturer.
The USB problem is caused by the fact, that there are no Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers, which do support Windows 7 and the newest Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers simultaneously. Nevertheless you will find a solution within >this< thread.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Is there a driver for Dev_43eb for win7?

I think this is not compatible for window 7.

@carlratcliffe : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
For which sort of device from which manufacturer do you search for a driver?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Sir Fernando,

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-A
CPU: 5600X
Samsung SSD SATA
Seagate 1TB HDD SATA
Windows 7 professional

under the hardware ID of Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller DEV_43EB is shown. I’ve tried the different SATA drivers from page 1 to update Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller, to no avail. Any help would be vey much appreciated

Hi Fernando, thanks for the reply. I’ll give this a go and keep you posted with my progress.

@carlratcliffe :
Thanks for the additional information.
I suspect, that you mean the AMD SATA AHCI Controller named "StoreMI Bottom Device" with the HardwareIDs PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43EB&CC_0106.
The only AMD AHCI driver, which specificly supports this device, is the "RCBottom" driver and part of the AMD StoreMI SATA Drivers (latest: 64bit AMD StoreMI SATA Drivers v9.4.0.45 WHQL" dated 06/09/2021). You can find this driverpack within the "Modern AMD SATA/NVMe Drivers" section of the start post.
Although the HardwareIDs VEN_1022&DEV_43EB are listed within the related rcbottom.inf file and Win7 x64 may be supported as well, I am rather unsure whether this driver will properly work with your current system.
If you should not be satisfied with the performance or stability of your current system and want to test this specific AMD AHCI driver, here is my advice:
1. Download and unzip the package named "64bit AMD StoreMI SATA Drivers v9.4.0.45 WHQL".
2. Run the Win7 Control Panel and set a "Restore Point" (to be able to restore your current system in case of a driver update failure).
3. Run the Device Manager and expand the section "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section.
4. Right-click onto the device named "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller" and choose the "Update driver" option and then the "Browse my computer" option.
5. Navigate to the "RCBottom" subfolder of the downloaded and unzipped driverpack and press the "Continue" button.
6. If the driver should be accepted by your OS, restart your system and check the performance and stability.

Provided, that you can boot into the OS by using the AMD AHCI driver, you can replace at any time the AMD AHCI driver by your currently used generic MS in-box AHCI driver. This is the easiest and safest way:
1. Run the Device Manager and expand the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and "Storage Controllers" section.
2. Right-click onto the listed "AMD RCBottom Device" and choose the "Update driver" and then the "Browse my computer" option.
3. Choose the option "Let me pick…", click onto the "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller", which is listed within the list of the "Compatible devices". and then onto the "Continue" button.
4. After the next reboot your on-board AMD SATA Controller will use the generic Win7 in-box AHCI driver (as before the test).

hello there guys i try install windows 7 on my asus z590 apex but after install its stuck on windows logo i use the bios 0070 for windows 7 and install FoxOs iso and the windows 7 normal iso but i don’t why not working so if anyone have a way to help me i will pay him if he want for hes work

i9-10900K 5.2Ghz on core 5.0Ghz on ring 1.35v
ASUS Z590 Apex
ASUS 3090 ROG OC
g.skill Ripjaws 4000Mhz 15-15-15-36 1.5v
SAMSUNG M.2 980 PRO and M.2 980 SSD

@Saud :
I have moved your post into this already existing thread.
Since Windows 7 natively doesn’t contain any NVMe driver, you will not be able to get this OS installed onto an NVMe SSD and to boot off it, unless you have integrated a compatible NVMe driver into the install.wim and boot.wim of the ISO file.
You can find the MS NVMe Hotfixes for Win7 within the start post of this thread.
Additionally I recommend to have a look into >this< Sub-Forum to avoid other problems during the installation of Win7 onto a modern Intel chipset system.

Hi, could someone help me?, i have a samsung oem drive and it is listed as DEV_A809, i tried the samsung driver, but my performance whent down like 40% percent, i went from 10500 points to 6000, should i stick with the generic nvme driver?

Also i installed the micron driver into a crucial pt 1 ssd, and yesterday was fine, but today it gave me a ton of errors saying it was a harware error, it reduced my life span from 99 to 95% and i’m not sure why, i rolled back to the generic driver, it’s a shame because it gave me a performance boost from 9500 to 10200

@Bunder : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Which OS are you running and which Samsung NVMe driver did you try?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

win 10 21h1 update, i tried the generic 64 bit samsung nvme drive v3.3.0.2003 for win10x64 mod+signed by Fernando

@Bunder : Thanks for the requested infos.
The generic Samsung NVMe driver v3.30.2003 should give your Samsung NVMe SSD a better performance than the generic MS in-box NVMe driver, if you use the correct settings according the start post of >this< thread.

I followed the steps, it is pretty weird doe, the controller is a samsung one, it is just one big chip with the memory and the controller, and i was pretty surprised to see that the performance was better with the generic windows nvme driver, i ran 5 tests and go tthe mean, the drive was trimmed, the os is fresh, maybe it is because of the revision of the controller?, i have no idea.