[Solution] Win7 drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new Intel chipset systems

It took me about a week to continually modify the USB driver and successfully solve the USB GEN2 driver for the H310/B360/H370/Q370/Z390/HM370 and othet 14nm 300 series chips Now is the time to summarize the method. We can use IDA7.0 and HxD to modify the drivers. The ID replacement method can use HxD to modify the 15B5 and 15C1 of 5.0.4.43,but the disadvantage is that the supported USB3.1 GEN2 can only be one of A36D or other ID, and USB3.1. GEN2 have 9DED, 31A8,and unknown. If you use IDA7.0, there are dozens of methods to modify, but in principle there are only three methods. Both 5.0.4.43 and 17.2.70.3 can be used to modify and successfully drive Intel’s 8 Series to 300 Series, Cannon Lake Series, Whiskey Lake Series. It was successfully installed and operated well on the Intel 10nm I3-8121U platform. The difference between the modified 5.0.4.43 and 17.2.70.3 is very limited, but 17.2.70.3 has more channels, for example, the I7-8850H notebook can recognize more USB protocol devices

Intel USB 3.1 drivers for vista win7 win8 win8.1, there are working very well.
Just for communicate,selfuse and test. DO NOT USE IN business environment.

If you have PS/2 mouse or keyboard, you can run the DPinst.exe to install.
If you don’t have PS/2 mouse or keyboard,run a PE system and use DISM++ to add it in.
If you need ,you can edit the iusb3xhc.inf file delete all DEV_ID and add like this:

%IUsb3XhcDeviceDesc02% = IUsb3XhcModel, PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C0330

It can support all intel usb devices and don’t need to add any dev_id.

Due to the reason of non resistance, all Intel related mod drivers will be removed from the shelf. I will publish the modification methods in the near future to facilitate your modification.

Edit by Fernando: Thread title shortened

1 Like

Hello guys, I’m an unlucky customer that have a mobo with A36D intel controller and the issue with USB ports on W7 x64.
I saw in the previous pages that a chinese user solved the problem, any news about that?

Thanks a lot
Andrea

I got windows 7 to work on my kabby lake cpu, it installs, the uhd 630 works fine, howwever the usbs wont work at all. Their 2,0 and not 3.0
I tried using certen reltek drivers and acer aspire ones but they never work, the ones that are suppose to work are just in device manager saying that they arent working properley under a "other device" section.
Sooooo
Is it possible that maybe you could get the windows 10 usb drivers for nitro 5 and maybe rewrite them in some sort of way to work on 7?
Hope to get some sort of awnser.

I modified few Generic USB drivers for xp vista win7 win8 win8.1, there are working very well.
Signed modified Generic USB3.0 driver 32bit: Will upload soon
Signed modified Generic USB3.0 driver 64bit: Will upload soon
Unzip key: xiaofengmod
If you have PS/2 mouse or keyboard, you can run the DPinst.exe to install.
If you don’t have PS/2 mouse or keyboard,run a PE system and use DISM++ to add it in.
It can suppoirt all usb devices and don’t need to add any dev_id.
It can supports like AMD USB 3.0/3.1, ASMedia USB 3.0/3.1, Etron USB 3.0, Fresco Logic USB 3.0, Intel USB 3.0/3.1, Renesas USB 3.0, Texas Instruments USB 3.0, VIA USB 3.0, Nvidia USB-C devices. Running like Win10’s own USB driver.

Can you show me how you did?

@canonkong ^^ thanks

Custom signed modified driver package: Link removed by Fernando (see Forum Rule Nr. 17)

Install my custom certificate in your certificate authorities.
For example, if you unzip myDrivers.cer in c:, just run cmd.exe and enter:
certmgr.exe -add C:\myDrivers.cer -s -r localMachine ROOT
certmgr.exe -add C:\myDrivers.cer -s -r localMachine TRUSTEDPUBLISHER

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Reboot windows

Run setup.exe from the driver package.

And voilĂ , all USB working great on your z390mobo
And F*CK Intel.

1 Like

I also modified few Generic USB-C drivers for win7 win8.1 on NVIDIA GTX16XX RTX20XX, there are working very well.
Signed modified NVIDIA Generic USB-C driver 64bit: Will upload soon
Unzip key: xiaofengmod
Run the DPinst.exe to install.
It can supports Nvidia USB-C devices. Running like Win10’s own USB driver.

@dricks : @canonkong :
this seems interesting, I also have problem with installing windows 7 on my z390 motherboard, and I also have the A36D usb, how can I use either of your guys methods to install win7 on my z390 system?

I have win 10 installed right now, and access to a ps2 keyboard and a windows 7 bootable usb, every time I tried to install win7 before, even with only ps2 keyboard connected, it still
wont let me install and ask for usb drivers,

would appreciate if possible some mini guide how to use these modded drivers and load them from the win7 setup when booting?

cheers !

EDIT by Fernando: Fully quoted posts replaced b directly addressing (to save space within this thread)

cheers ill have go with trying them

Acutally the link isnt working for me

Test picteures.

Canonkong Pic1.png

Canonkong Pic2.png

Canonkong Pic3.png

Edit by Fernando: Pictures copied, cut, resized and re-inserted (to save space), can be enlarged by clicking onto them

Ill try one from private dm, i cant find it on that post

@all Win7 users with a modern Intel chipset systems:
Please post your questions/problems/ideas/solutions into this specific thread and not into >this< one, which is already voluminous enough and designed for the latest Windows Operation Systems.

@canonkong :
Congratulations for having solved this big problem for users with a modern Intel chipset system trying to run Windows 7 and thank you very much for your efforts to present here your digitally signed generic USB 3.0/3.1 drivers, which obviously work with all modern Intel chipsets and all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
As you can see, I have created a new thread, which now starts with your contribution from June 2019.
Since you can edit the start post at any time, it would be fine, if you would put all the latest information about your drivers and the download links into it. This way it will be very easy for all interested users to find them.
Good luck with your further driver optimization!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@canonkong
There is a password on the zip files you posted ?

Hello!

I read your site with interest and I hope that you will help me understand what USB 3.0/3.1 drivers I need for installing Windows7 on my computer! Dell Vostro 3670 computer, Coffee Lake i5-8400 processor, motherboard chipset: Intel® B360.

Of course, I immediately installed Windows 10, but I want to install and work with Windows 7!
The problem is that I cannot integrate the correct USB 3.1 Gen 1 drivers into the Windows 7 installation image and therefore the mouse and keyboard do not work during and after installation. (USB 2.0 ports do not work either)

I integrated all USB 3.0/3.1 drivers into the ISO image of Windows 7, which I found in many ways, but it does not work out! (On the Dell site it has drivers only for Windows 10) Integrated drivers with the help of NTLite and through DISM, and through all utilities on Gigabite, ASRock, MSI and others.

With the help of NTLite (and the bootloader from Windows 8) I made an automatic installation and installed Windows 7 on the hard disk, but when it starts, the keyboard and mouse also do not work. I know that, in principle, Microsoft and INtel do not support Windows 7 on the new 300 series chipsets, but I hope that you will find a solution for your advice and recommendations!

I wish you all a good evening!

P.s. Now I have seen this topic, so here I put my message from the previous topic.

I will ask Mr.@canonkong to write the password of the 7zip archive file he had uploaded!(For drivers USB 3.1 for Windows 7 64 bit)

@Mark_33 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Well done! Meanwhile I have deleted the identical post within the other thread.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@dricks
Yes, it is.You will find the Unzip key if you read the link I post.
[Solution] Win7 drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new Intel chipset systems

@Mark_33
Use PE systems and winNTseup to install win7 will be more easier.
You will find the unzip key if you read the link I post.

Unzip key is

xiaofengmod

Dietmar