[Release] Resizable BAR BIOS EFI Module

@Kuri0 I was reviewing the DSDT’s of the original bios without 4g decoding, Koekieezz and the AsRock modded bios and i have a couple questions. First of all, it looks like AsRock added similar DSDT fixes to the ones in the Github wiki, but not the same. The QWordMemory part is the same, only there is _Y0F in the last line, not _YAF like in the wiki. Should i change it to _YAF or leave it _Y0F? (Koekieezz left it as is)

Then things get more interesting with the M1LN part. There seems to be more stuff added than in the wiki. How should i properly edit this part? Should i simply replace everything after the M1LN = ((M1MX - M1MN) + One) line to what is in the wiki or its not that simple?

Thats how Koekieezz did it:

@karalux you should follow the ivy bridge DSDT parch from wiki

Even tho it’s a Haswell CPU it looks similar to that.

1 Like

Finally got it working properly. The problem was with DSDT, i edited it to be exactly like in the wiki example for Haswell:

Above 4g decoding is working as it should now, no problems with booting. At first i tried 1024MB rebar size, then 2gb, 4gb and 8gb. All of them work. Havent tested much in gaming yet, but wife said that AC Valhalla is noticeably much smoother. Thank you @Kuri0, @Koekieezz and @68k-dude for being patient and helping.

PS I was thinking maybe my bios could be used to find a way how to add above 4g decoding to Z87 AsRock motherboards as well since i think nobody has succeeded to make this mod work on Z87

4 Likes

@karalux

Congrats on your work and success, im sure that future and current forum users would appreciate it, if you could make a new post with your guidance regarding the REBAR on Z87 with no 4GB present, all the best.

Hello @karalux ,

Congrats on getting the ReBAR working. :robot:

Also, nice of ASROCK to add the Above 4G decode.

I’m remote helping someone with a Z77 board at the moment. They need to do a DSDT mod for it now, after getting everything else working.

Another Mainboard given a brighter future \o/

Best regards,

2 Likes

@MeatWar id love to, but i have no idea what else AsRock added to the bios and how they implemented above 4G decoding that wasnt even there before at all. @68k-dude yeah, AsRock support is the best, they tried their best to add what i wanted to the bios for a 10 year old system and i have always used their motherboards and never had any major problems. And their new Nova motherboard seems to be a solid one for a good price, i hope theyll make a similar one for AMD as well.

2 Likes

Can’t figure out the patching method could anyone supply me a turbo unlock x99 strix bios with rebar patched an added.

that is great news karalux!! do you mind sharing your DSDT file? I would like to try this on my Asus Z87-A.

Update: Ah I just re-read the thread, and saw you mentioned that AsRock added the 4G decoding to the BIOS. Wish ASUS would have done the same when I asked the support team.

Edit: spoke to Asus again & they refused to help.

I have recently bought an intel arc A750 GPU and I want to use it with my secondary pc with Asus strix x99 & i7-6850k, but as you know without ReBar support that GPU won’t be utilized fully. I would really appreciate any help given.

Link to OG bios https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/STRIX_X99_GAMING/STRIX-X99-GAMING-ASUS-2101.zip?model=STRIX%20X99%20GAMING

Hi, Hope you are doing great. I have alienware a51 r4.

X299
I9 7980xe
64gb ram

Rtx 3090 with vbios update to the latest version that support the feature

I tried using uefi rebar from github. Followed all the steps nothing worked

Been trying for days. Tried infinite things

Csm is disabled

What happens is if I use any value above 1gb it loads windows but doesnt show anything on the screen(I dont have a iGPU btw)

Tried uefi patch, it applied two patches the dont allow 64 bit to become 32bit and <64gb patches

Also didnt work

Moreover, tried using uefi editor to enable hidden menus

I enabled those things:

Above 4GB MMIO BIOS assignment,

Above 4g decoding

64 bit resource allocation

Also, didnt work. Morever, when using the uefipatch with 4g decoding enabled. Then even 1gb doesnt work

And if 4g decoding is enabled, without uefi patch, csm disabled. Then 1gb work and anything above system wont post to screen

Help me asap please because I am about to get crazy cause of the amounts I tried

This is the bios unedited link(its the latest version from dell)

https://github.com/xCuri0/ReBarUEFI/files/13661076/backup2.zip

Also, I tried with 16gb of ram, also didnt work

• Motherboard: 212B (HP Z440)
  • BIOS Version: 02.61
  • GPU: RX 6600M

I got issues with Resizable BAR enabled in BIOS is No
I run ReBarState and put 32.

Asrock Z77extreme9 CPU 3770k 32GB Memory Arc 770 16GB

Hi there,
Short in for what I am looking for : RBar + above 4G Modded Bios . The Mainbord already has Bios V1.90F with MVNe Boot support by Asrock via Card which works. I tried to install some ARC 770 learning RBar to be useful . I have added rebar.dxe to Bios and activated hidden above 4G option . The System runs in CSM deactivated . As soon as 4G is activated the System cannot longer boot and stucks with blackscreen Post Code B4 B2 . Suspected DSDT patch to be needed but extracting Errors are generated which I have read here to be ignored ) and that persists when recompiling after modding Memory size ( 36Bit), which fails to missing ssft . There my skills and modding-tools come to an end and help would be appreciated . Bricking is not a problem as some ch341 prommer is available.

Thanks in advance for any help

Chris

• Motherboard: Strix x99
  • BIOS Version:2101
  • GPU: Amd 6950 xt
  • [CSM is turned off
  • 4G decoding is enabled.
  • UEFIPatch

Untitled

Description

Hello. Can anyone help me with my motherboard. it is Asus strix x99. have tried patch and everything. is something I don’t understand I think

I have take a backup of current bios And it shows rebar. But not in gpu z
292025604-89ba92a0-1b20-4eb9-9a0c-8730364e6d52

attach bios file link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/STRIX_X99_GAMING/STRIX-X99-GAMING-ASUS-2101.zip?model=STRIX%20X99%20GAMING

Untitled1

@Koekieezz
hello can you help me with rebar on strix gaming x99. i have give up.

are you on discord?

Hello,
i try to enable resizable bar on a MSI Z170a Gaming Pro Carbon.
I do all the steps with uefi tool and add the rebardxe.ffs to my downloaded bios
But if i safe the file with uefi tool i become a .rom file
The original files name is E7A12IMS.1A0
If i rename the file from E7A12IMS.rom to E7A12IMS.1A0 the bios flash
doesnt work because there is nothing found in the flash tool The file does not appear or is not there.
If i leave it as it is .rom the same happens the file does not appear.

Thanks to the BIOS Guru’s for any help!

I want it so badly…this resizable bar thingy…
Is there a way for my board to do that? I got a rtx2070 it should be working.
Sources: youtube.com/watch?v=4abu3B3aPS0
GitHub - xCuri0/ReBarUEFI: Resizable BAR for (almost) any UEFI system

sadly theres no resizable bar for turing gpus and your 2070 is turing

1 Like

*sad gamer noises"

Ok then, thanks for the information. Doesnt know this.

Hey,

I’m working on my Dell G5 5090 to add Resizable BAR. I got the BIOS from my motherboard using Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit and then added ReBar with UEFITool. Here’s the Dell BIOS I started with: Dell BIOS link. I’m using this GitHub project: xCuri0/ReBarUEFI.

My problem is after modding the BIOS, Dell’s update system won’t accept it because it’s not the official Dell BIOS. Is there another way to get a BIOS that Dell will accept for updates?