[Request] Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer BIOS 2.60 Enable 4G Decoding/Resize Bar Mod

So, I saw this post about that it was possible to do this with this old of a motherboard.

I have an ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer (non-x). and I tried to install the created mod fix bios, and it kept saying no image file detected; I was wondering why it wasn’t working or if it needs one built for my exact mobo. this is a link to asrock’s website of my mobo:

They seem to be the same bios though.

The reason I have been even wondering about this stuff is because I recently upgraded my graphics card to an Intel Arc a750 Gpu, and they strongly recommend ReSize Bar to be enabled for much better performance.

Here is your bios:
Z97KillMod.rar (5.2 MB)

If flash succeed, proceed disabling CSM in your bios and see if it could boot, then if it could boot on csm disabled, proceed with the steps below:

Here is your varoffset:

to enable using modgrub, type setup_var 0x1 0x0 and enter (make sure it is set to 0x0), then type reboot and press enter, then go to bios, boot to modgrub again, and setup_var 0x1 0x1 (make sure it is set to 0x1) and enter, then type reboot and enter, and see if it boots to windows. if everything done, run rebarstate as admin, type 32 and enter, and reboot, then see if pcie resizable bar is enabled and bar size is there on gpuz.

If you dont mind, after everything successful, please post a screenshot like this:

1 Like

It Worked!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1 Like

Please make a ss of GPUZ like above and CPUZ > Mainboard tab (for @Kuri0 list) :smiley:

thank you again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem. please report if anything wierd behaviour happens.

hi koekieezz

i have a z 97 fatality killer is that the right bios what you have lincked right when i have flashed it i must diable csm right? What ist that from modgrup and rebarstate must i do this in windows?

Hello, please use this one since this have a hotfix on disabling rebar if CMOS reset is detected, no need to disable rebar if you want to do cmos.
Z97Kill2v2.rar (5.2 MB)

for modgrub you need to make a bootable drive, so make one, and read the post i posted about modgrub.

for enabling rebarstate use this one (updated ver): https://github.com/xCuri0/ReBarUEFI/releases/download/0.3/ReBarState.exe

ok will take the new bios
The modgroup file i make with rufus right ? and that type setup… i must type in mod modgrub??

And for what is the text box onder varoffset???

yes, make any efi bootable like windows boot for efi only, then replace the bootx64.efi from modgrub web (modgrub link in the linked post above) and boot to flashdrive.

upon entering modgrub, type setup_var 0x1 0x0 and enter (make sure it is set to 0x0), then type reboot and press enter, then go to bios, boot to modgrub again, and setup_var 0x1 0x1 (make sure it is set to 0x1) and enter, then type reboot and enter, and see if it boots to windows.

you NEED to disable CSM after you flash the bios, save and exit, then proceed to do modgrub.

hmm not working i do thomthing wron witg tge modgrup part…

That files are on my stick atm :thinking: csm disabled and bios is updated

put rebar state on the pc storage, cause it would be only used on it.

make a bootable drive using rufus. then rename modGRUBShell.efi to bootx64.efi, replace the bootx64.efi of the bootable drive using the modgrub that’s renamed to bootx64.efi.

Hello my friend from Indonesia, I also have an Asrock Fatality Z97 Killer Non X motherboard with BIOS v2.60. And combined with RX 6600 XT. Can BIOS mods for resize-bar be enabled in my system BIOS?

Hello my friend from Indonesia, I also have an Asrock Fatality Z97 Killer Non X motherboard with BIOS v2.60. And combined with RX 6600 XT. Can BIOS mods for resize-bar be enabled in my system BIOS?

yes, just read this post:

1 Like

thanks guys, I’ll try. and one thing I want to ask about the modgrub is it to activate 4g decoded? I don’t quite understand how to activate the modgrub. sorry in advance I’m not a mod. Is there a way to activate the modgrob
. for example like a video tutorial for the resize-bar bios mod?

Hi, when CSM disabled, boot isn’t able to see the available boot devices. What can I do here?

@clammy77
CSM = Legacy boot (Non UEFI generally with MBR system drives x86/x64 OS) so if the boot drives were set previously to modern UEFI (CSM disable and generally with GPT system drives x64 OS), that will happen.

EDIT: It is recommend setting a system in UEFI mode for enabling advanced technologies like REBAR, i would backup the important data on old OS (If boot drive is in MBR it will be deleted and set to GPT by OS setup) and perform an new clean UEFI environment OS x64 setup.

wow thanks for the super fast response. if in that case, what can I do? or basically this isn’t an option for me?

1 Like