[Request]ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 about nvmexpressdxe

I haave a ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 to add nvme support, but when i do as guide told me , the bios is 2kb large then the stock one, i don’t know what i can delete, help
bios download link:https://www.asus.com/supportonly/P8H61-M…/HelpDesk_BIOS/

@xiaox - Since this system does not have USB Flashback, your best and easiest way to flash in mod BIOS is to dump current BIOS region with FPT, disable BIOS locks, make a new FPT dump, edit that, then flash it back.
I assume you mean mod BIOS is 2KB smaller than stock one? Not sure what you did though, if it’s larger then yes, something wrong.
But there is 2kb capsule at front of stock BIOS that needs removed if you were to flash this in some other way besides Asus EZ flash or Asus software tools, generally speaking, but you can’t flash this (safely) like that anyway so kinda pointless to mess with.

If you are using BIOS 1106, follow this guide, start at step #6, I’ve done 1-5 for you and info is below
[GUIDE] Grub Fix Intel FPT Error 280 or 368 - BIOS Lock Asus/Other Mod BIOS Flash

Rename .efi file to >> Shellx64.efi

SMI lock variable to disable >> 0x87
BIOS Lock variable to disable >> 0x88

So, at grub prompt you will type the following, one line at a time, enter between each (case sensitive)
setup_var 0x87 0x00
setup_var 0x88 0x00

Then, follow this spoiler to dump BIOS region (Step #1) and know how to flash it back (step #2)
Before you do the mod, you can confirm your above changes applied properly, but doing #1-2 without editing BIOS for NVME yet, if you do not get error at step #2, then OK do the NVME edit to biosreg.bin and flash it back via step #2
If you are using BIOS 1106, to save you some time below, you will need ME System Tools V8. If you want me to do the NVME edit for you, please do the above, then do step #1 below and send me the biosreg.bin file

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

@Lost_N_BIOS I have programer and the bios chip is plugable so no need unlock bios, the stock BIOS is 8192 KB, after i add nvmexpresssmall.ffs or nvmexpress4.ffs, it both became 8194KB, i just need a moded bios i can flash it right away

EDIT: i just know that the stock bios is 8194KB too, i got a size error when i flash it using programer…

EDIT2: this a good programer, i just rename it to .cap and use it flash agian it won’t report size error
i buy this programer because the seller say it support asus .cap file, it’s a right choose, u can delete this topic now, it’s pointless topic