[Request] ASUS X79-Deluxe NVMe and Bifurcation Mod

Hi Lost_N_Bios,

Thanks Lost_N_BIOS and Xenophobian for this mod. Sorry, I’m new here and thought it best to check before I flashback my BIOS - is the final mod BIOS for the ASUS X79-Deluxe with NVME, Bifurcation and updated CPU microcode from the Post #53 above? Located at link removed at tinyupload at Post # 53?

I ask as you mention in Post #53 above that you will need to repack this BIOS once tested by Xenophobian - Xenophobian confirmed your mod BIOS working several months later in Post # 67: "I just realized I never actually replied to this. Everything tested fine! I see all the new fancy menu options as well, including link speed for each potentially bifurcated lane. Incredible work."

Or should I flashback this earlier revised/updated mod BIOS at Post # 13:
Asus X79-DELUXE-4805-Bifurcation-uCodeUPD-Mod-RePack << New link, if you download previously don’t use it (= brick), toss the file, and re-download.

Will using UBU to update the BIOS CPU microcode (and other microcode updates in UBU eg LAN) break this mod BIOS?

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi Lost_N_Bios,

I volunteer to be tester for the ASUS X79-Deluxe with NVME, Bifurcation and updated CPU microcode mod BIOS you were working on before. Please let me know how I can help.

Cheers,

Andrew

@Kwstas - I think Fernando Answered your questions at the links you provided.
NVME/SSD should not be defragged. If you want to anyway and make them die quicker, you can set windows to not manage the drive and then you can defrag manually, or you can use any manual defrag tool such as PerfectDisk
But again, you should not defrag SSD or NVME

@andymac - Yes, tinyupload link at #53 is final BIOS here. I simply meant I would repack it into a properly named folder, but never did end up doing that
On UBU and microcodes, I don’t know if it will break the BIOS or not, if you want I can update the microcodes and post a new link again? Then you can update whatever else you want with UBU after that?
Or, you can do your updates with UBU and send me the file and I will check to see if it looks OK or not.

* Edit - @andymac - Here you go This based on #53, updated and repacked with proper folder name and change log etc (That’s what I meant before)

1. NVME Mod
2. Bifurcation Mod
3. Add PCI Submenu
4. Update CPU Microcodes to latest as of 11/25/2020

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…257038429843897

@Kwstas - I don’t care about download counts??? I do edits per request Plus, that BIOS you mentioned, only uploaded ONE day ago Will take some time for more users to find and download
Some people do not want certain things updated, or want certain things certain version, so when I do BIOS mod it’s per whatever that user asks me to do, nothing more unless I ask in advance.
If you want to update that BIOS and make a thread in Already Modded Special BIOS section then please feel free to do so

If you would like me to update the RST on that for you, if you cannot, then please tell me what RST versions you want I will make for you.
Intel ME For X79, update yourself directly via ME FW update tool.

@Kwstas - You can post links now, no need to break URL’s anymore
If you already flashed in ME FW 8.1.70.1590, then that should be what you have in there still, no matter what BIOS you have, unless you downgraded it with ME FW update tool
Flashing BIOS will not downgrade ME FW, usually, but it might, if BIOS flash method addresses ME FW and attempts to update it, since both versions you mentioned have same version control number - so it would be allowed
8.1.70.1590 <<< This is latest ME FW you can use

@Lost_N_BIOS
hi i’m trying to download your latest mod bios for my x79 deluxe for here but the link is not working for me
h**p://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…257038429843897(i can’t access tinyuploads at all)
can you reupload it to a different site?

@guru3d - Sorry, tinyupload was down for a few days,should be working for you now
If you still need mirror, let me know and I will add a mirror

@Kwstas - OK, I will do

@Lost_N_BIOS
I just test the bios with my new ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro 512 nvme (it was a nightmare to migrate from my legacy raid 0 850 evo’s )
my simple overclock is working (voltage etc)

but my speeds are bellowed optimal(not terrible ) is there something I need to do in bios (pci submenu) or something else?

@Kwstas - Here you go
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…310044981120818

Full update - Change Log >>
1. NVME Mod
2. Bifurcation Mod
3. Add PCI Submenu
4. Update CPU Microcodes to latest as of 11/25/2020
---------------- ^^ Previous Edit ^^ --------------

5. EFI Intel RST for SATA ---------- 12.7.0.1936 >> Update to 13.5.0.2164
6. OROM Intel RST for SATA ------ 12.7.0.1936 >> Update to 13.5.0.2164 (w/ TRIM)
7. EFI Intel PRO1000 UNDI --------- 5.5.23 >> Update to New Driver Set Series >> 0.0.29
8. OROM Intel Boot Agent GE ------ 1.3.72 >> Update to New CL Driver Series >> 0.1.16
9. EFI Realtek UNDI Driver --------- 2.020 >> Update to 2.054
10. OROM Realtek Boot Agent GE – 2.52 >> Update to 2.67
11. EFI Marvell SATA AHCI --------- 1.1.0.1001 >> Update to 1.1.0.1029
12. OROM Marvell 88SE9230 ------- 1.0.0.1011 >> Update to 1.1.0.1027
13. Intel ME FW ------------------- 8.1.51.1471 >> Update to 8.1.70.1590

Flash via USB Flashback.
ME FW update may require ME FW Update tool >> FWUpdLcl -f ME.bin
If ME FW is not 8.1.70.1590 after USB Flashback, use included extracted ME.bin file and ME FW update tool w/ above command
------------------------

@guru3d - Nothing you need to change in BIOS for single NVME, other than be sure you are on Intel ports (not Marvell) and enable AHCI
Are you sure OS partition is aligned??? If not, this will cause major speed issues!

You may want to test BIOS without microcode updates, those may be what is hindering your NVME speeds.

Or, it’s possible, that your clone process, or clone >> RAID >> Single, is causing some issues?
Test a clean install on the NVME and see if this is the problem. Make backup of current cloned OS with Macrium (Image entire disk), then wipe to RAW and test clean install.

@Kwstas - You’re welcome, and thank you too!!!
This model does not come with RSTe, not sure if that can be swapped in or not, if you want to test it we can do follow up BIOS?
Asmedia, sorry, I did not check that. Do you need it updated also? I can do, if I can find in BIOS (I’m sure I can ) >> Yes, I see 1061, but give me this items Device ID, so I can be sure to update to correct version
Also, what version do you see this as on your end?

* Edit - Never mind, what I see in BIOS is not same thing as what is available in the ROM thread, you may have to update this on your end via software, not sure?
Have you seen anyone discuss update/mod this in BIOS for your board? If yes, show me thread

* Edit 2 - I think here in post #174 is update for FW - [Discussion] Firmware for Asmedia Sata 6G Controllers (12)
Maybe @boombastik can tell you for sure if that is for onboard controllers on MB’s

@Kwstas @Lost_N_BIOS
The latest bios isn’t working I’m getting error code 01 and after the pc reboots only one of 10-15 times i can boot to bios
going back to previous bios worked

@Kwstas - Wow, that is a mess, and very confusing. Sorry!
I will say this, RST/RSTe controller and or drivers, have nothing to do with ASMedia ports or how anything acts on those ports.
Additionally, I don’t think you can use, or the driver will not be used/loaded/applied I mean, RSTe drivers with RST rom in BIOS (how you have in discussion/images above)
If you want a test BIOS with RSTe modules/roms (ie EFI V3-5 + oRom V3), then I can make for you to test.

Disable “Windows Search” / Indexer in “Services”, and or disable index for the drives which make noise that bother you, then problem solved.
What ports those drives are connected to most likely does not matter, and you just currently think it does because Index runs when you re-connect the drive to some other port.
Once it’s run, or disabled, then it wont do that, but if not disabled, it will re-run any time you move it (and or system idle, it runs whenever it wants, randomly - which is why I said to disable)

@Fernando - Can you please confirm for me which RSTe EFI and oROM can be used on X79.
It’s not 100% clear if EFI V4.5 or above can be used on X79 or strictly only X99/X299, and oRom 3-6 not clear at all which can/should be OK to use on X79

@guru3d - Thanks for testing, sorry about that!! If you don’t mind, please test this one, all back to normal??
This has EFI RST back to stock, due to a padding issue I noticed with all 3 MMTools and 25-28 UEFITool, hoped it would be OK, but seems I will need to spend several hours to work around this issue

Actually, if you don’t mind, please test two BIOS for me. One is same as original final upload, but without EFI RST’s FFS “UI” version edited (still updated RST)
Second is what I mentioned above, all edits originally done, but minus EFI RST Update all together (avoiding the concern I mentioned)
Please test both and let me know, thanks. If the issue is gone with OG EFI RST then I will work around the issue and fix this.
If it’s gone with the UI version not edited, that’s easy repack of the edit as-is basically and will take zero time to do
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…167177864568981

If neither of this = any change, then issue may be ME FW, which I despise updating on X79 almost always but did not see any issue when doing it this time around.
Did you notice, any of the times you did get into BIOS, was it the updated ME FW shown?? If not, then it’s not due to this!
If neither = any change, let me know and I will send you test BIOS x 2 with same changes as above, but with OG ME FW