[REQUEST] Bios mod for Gigabyte Z370P-D3 Rev1.0 for Skylake

I want to use a spare Celeron G3900 (SL) or G3930 (KL) that i have with this motherboard (I want to make use of these components, nothing important but curious to do)

I don’t see any guide to do so, i just saw one comment that said i need ME 11.6 and that’s all, it’s there any especific guide like the Coffe Lake on Z170?

Motherboard:

Gigabyte Z370P-D3 Rev1.0
Actual Bios: F2 (from gigabyte website)
ME (using ME Analyzer): 11.8.50.3425

@Shana - there’s two tools to do this now, be sure to see the first post of each thread, and or any/all images on the download sites too, so you are sure you get the CPU pad modifications done correctly
svarmod’s tool (CoffeeTime) - [GUIDE] Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards (66)
Revlaay’s AIO Tool - [TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios

@Lost_N_BIOS That’s what make me confuse, i saw those two threads, but that’s for Coffe Lake CPUs to SL Motherboards, i want the opposite ,Skylake CPU on Z370

Ohh, sorry! Yes, I didn’t see you mentioned reverse. There is a few threads on here about that, but I can’t remember how much success was accomplished or how/what all needs done.
I’ve tried to help people do it from my end manually a few times, but on OEM boards (Dell/HP etc) with zero success, but that may be due to those boards/BIOS/limitations etc

I know you will need certain microcode, certain ME FW and possibly some settings/SKU change there, and vBIOS will need addressed as well, but I’m not sure what else needs done.
I do know it’s a TON of work to attempt this edit, and you should have flash programmer in hand and backup made, ready for programmer recovery if/when needed.

Maybe one of these guys can advise me on what exactly needs done, for Sky or Kaby on Coffee, then i can do for you. Good thing here is you are using Gigabyte board, so FD is unlocked and reflash of any BIOS region via FPT is simple
@_haru @svarmod @chinobino @revlaay

Modification of the bios motherboard Z390 GIGABYTE SLI pour un 6700K Here are the steps required (credit to @chinobino )

@_haru

Thanks,

Still confused about what steps i need to do,

@Lost_N_BIOS , I don’t have a programmer in hand, but i can get one if needed

EDIT: Just noticed that .F2 bios has both microcode (saw it with UBU) or am i wrong?

Thanks @_haru - as I see in that thread, I always forget this info!! Added to my short list of BIOS stuff now, so hopefully I wont have to tag you all next time

@Shana - I’ll make a BIOS for you! To be 100% sure any FD/ME edit goes in properly, lets do the complete BIOS edit/flash with FPT. So, info below, to dump your BIOS, test confirm a flash back before sending it to me, then send me the dumped BIOS

Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.
Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section “C” download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -d SPI.bin

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error, if you do show me image of the command entered and the error given >> FPTw.exe -f SPI.bin
^^ This is important step, don’t forget ^^

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c…creators-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-…menu-windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-…ator-privileges

* Edit @Shana - Wait! Are you sure you want to be using VERY old F2 BIOS? Why not the latest BIOS? I can mod any of them for you, probably best to use the latest version

@Lost_N_BIOS Not really, that’s the BIOS i have already, so the latest is good

Also, I’m confused about the package i need to download, I have Intel ME 11.8 Build 3399 Hot Fix 50 (Info from HWiNFO64)

OK, so to confirm, you are OK if I modify the latest BIOS for you instead of F2, correct?

On the ME, if you have ME 11.8, then you need ME System Tools package V11 from section C of the thread I linked above.

@Lost_N_BIOS Yes, the latest is good (F14) but, i have F2 BIOS, so the file i need to send you will work for both?

Please flash to BIOS F14 first using Qflash, then do the FPT stuff, sorry for not making that clear when I asked about this above.

Ok then, will flash F14 and reply back

@Lost_N_BIOS

Bios Updated to F14
ME is now: 11.8, Build 3561, Hot Fix 60

Did the Dump (-d) and the Flash back (-f) FPT Operation Successful, no error at all

Now, how do i share you the SPI file? (16mb)

EDIT: Is there a problem if i compress the file? (winrar)

EDIT2: To gain time, i uploaded it to MEGA >>HERE<<

Great, and good to hear flash-back with FPT without issue (I assumed so, but you know how assuming goes, so we check to be sure )
Yes, please 7zip, zip, or rar the file with max compression and send to me. If you cannot attach to the site via advanced reply (ie too large) then please upload to one of the sites below (or any you prefer that is free, and not Mega.NZ or dropbox)
http://tinyupload.com/
https://uploadfiles.io/

* Edit, I was typing reply while you edited, I usually can’t download from Mega, but looks like it’s working OK tonight!

Well, i already uploaded it to MEGA hehe :P, will it work?

MEGA: >>HERE<<
UPLOADFILES.IO: >>HERE<<

Yes, I noticed, see my edit above

Ok cool! let me know if you need anything else

Do you want latest microcodes used, or PRE-Spectre/Meltdown ones (windows will still replace/use it’s own latest, unless you stop it via This Method)

To be honest, i don’t really care about that, anything will work for me

@Shana - here, please test LatestuCME.bin first, if that fails to boot w/ Sky/Kaby, then put in other modern CPU and flash in OlderuCME.bin and try again with Sky/Kaby
Flash via >> FPTw.exe -f filename.bin

Before you reboot after above flash, close all files and be ready for a shutdown, then enter this command >> FPTw.exe -greset

If system does not automatically reboot, please shut down, remove PSU Cables (24+8) and then press and hold case power on switch for 10 seconds or short pins, then let system sit for one minute without power. << This, or -grest above, only needs done once, since ME FW is same in both BIOS
After that, boot to BIOS with modern CPU still in there and load optimized and save, boot to windows and shut down, then put in Sky/Kaby CPU for test. << Do this each time, if you end up having to test both BIOS.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…451408063235791

* Edit, forgot to include change log!

1. Added microcodes for 506E3 + 906E9 (+ additional BIOS with old ones from F2 if latest version fails)
2. Downgrade ME FW with settings transferred 11.8.60.3561 >> Downgrade to >> 11.6.29.3287
3. Fixed FIT Table

* Edit 2 - I just noticed, your LAN MAC ID is missing in the SPI.bin file you sent! You didn’t (EVER) flash stock BIOS with FPT did you??
We can fix, but you’ll need to give me your LAN MAC ID off sticker.