[Request] Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED BIOS unlocked

Thanks, works a treat. All working perfectly! Thanks a lot

@dlinfiniti I never heard of bumping uncore will result in memory boot-up. Well, since not everything in unlocked BIOS has been fully verified by technician, I guess if it works, kudos for you!

Vccsa and Vccio is highly dependent on what exactly CPU bin you got, a typical range is like:

Memory Frequency VCCIO/VCCSA*
3000 - 3466 1.10v - 1.15v
3466 - 3800 1.15 - 1.20v
3800 - 4200 1.20v - 1.25v
4200 and higher 1.25v - 1.30v

Since weā€™re talking about this particular mode with very limited power, no memory signal pathways optimization, itā€™ll be quite hard to reach beyond 3400, I guess.

@cherryghost - Great to hear you got it sorted without any issues, thanks for the quick test and report back!

@privater - what else is missing, not unlocked in BIOS, show me and I can unlock it for you

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS ! Recently got the same laptop, Aero 15 OLED SA, and looking to get the BIOS unlocked to fix thunderblot 3 for hackintosh. If you could help me I will be very happy.
Hereā€™s the dumped BIOS file: mega.nz/file/0TgEjIxL#7jEK6Xz9KkmYoHkHaUPLffhDi0uk8UuXc-MJl8Q9SX8
Thank you for your help!

@Megabyte - Sorry for the delay!! Here you go, flash back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin
https://ufile.io/szdhuh5x

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just donā€™t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user Megabyte at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not Megabyte, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

Thank you so much for your help!!!

@Megabyte - Youā€™re welcome!
Apologies again for the delay!

Finally i solved by meselfā€¦

Thanks for your help on this topic.

If you want disable Aero15 Secure Boot, pls follow the gigabyte guide
[Security Device boot] > [Disabled]
[Security] > [Delete All Secure Boot Variables] >choose [Yes]

----------------------

This is the guide for #23 step1
- Legacy Support: Disable
[Advanced]>[USB Configuration]>[Legacy USB Support] > [Disabled]
- Secure Boot: Disable
[Advanced]>[Trusted Computing]>[Security Device Support] > [Disabled]

Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED SA
ME FW version 12.0.40
----------------------

Hiļ¼Œ@Lost_N_BIOS

I have the same laptop, Aero15 OLED SA(1660Ti BIOS:FB09-FD09) and already disable BIOS Lock.
You can download dump from address: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05259426241471166697

Your help would be greatly appreciated! I will donate you.

@archanes - So, I assume you need menu unlock, correct? If yes, OK, making for you now
* Edit - Here is your unlocked BIOS, flash it back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦467389214431177

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just donā€™t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user archanes at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not archanes, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask this question first, and depending on the answer, will go from there! Iā€™m very new to the whole area of modifying the BIOS, soā€¦ thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

@enderfish - Moved your post to the main ā€œUnlock Aero 15ā€ thread, and yes, itā€™s easily possible, but you can do this via Intel XTU software without a BIOS mod if that is all you need.
Heed the warning below, no matter how you do it. If you want unlocked BIOS, see post #23 + 189

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!! ***

Apologies for the late response! Things have been a bit hectic for me lately, have been meaning to reply much sooner.

I didnā€™t realize it was possible to do this via software, Iā€™ll definitely take a look. Iā€™ll also take a look at the posts you mentioned for unlocking the BIOS. Sorry if itā€™s a bit of a dumb question, but what particular benefits would unlocking the BIOS have?

Also, say in the worst case I undervolt too much and the BIOS becomes unbootable, what implications will that have? Will my laptop be able to boot into Windows, but I just wonā€™t be able to get into the BIOS? Or will the entire bootup sequence be messed up? And is there a way to undo the undervolt settings if I do go too far?

Apologies for all the questions, I really appreciate your time and help!

@enderfish - No worries, no rush over here so itā€™s OK
The post #'s I mentioned are so you can dump your BIOS region and send to me to unlock, not about unlocking yourself
Unlocking the BIOS Menu gives you access to all the BIOS settings (100ā€™s of settings), such as changing memory timings, or memory voltages, CPU voltages, other power related settings, and boot type/method settings etc
If you only need the one you mentioned, then you can simply use Intel XTU software and donā€™t need BIOS menu unlocked

If you set voltage too low, then you have to order flash programmer to fix, no other way to fix this
This is cheap if you order in advance and wait for 2-4 week China shipping (around $6 total for what you need), or can cost around $12-15 if you need it shipped quick from local places, depending on where you live.
No, you wont be able to boot to anything, until you dump BIOS with programmer and send to me, so I can make you new BIOS to program back in, then you will be booting again.
And no problem answering questions, thanks for asking all kinds of stuff in advanced, instead of later when itā€™s too late and you are stuck with non-bootable system

Ah okay, wonderful, thank you so much for that very detailed response! :smiley:

So, I think I want to order the BIOS flash that you are referring to. That way, can I just flash my BIOS with that, and then my BIOS will also be unlocked?

If my understanding is correct, then I will take a look at the posts you reference and try to get you the information you need as quickly as possible! Please let me know if there are any other steps I need to take. Truly appreciate your time and help!!

Edit: Also, I looked at those posts you mentioned within this thread but didnā€™t see instructions to follow. If you could let me know what steps I need to take, Iā€™d greatly appreciate it! :slight_smile:

@enderfish - Youā€™re welcome. If you want, I can give you two images examples of the ā€œRootā€ of advanced and chipset, that someone sent me after I unlocked BIOS for them.
Bbut I do not have a folder/set fo images that show all the further submenus and settings within all the submenus you would see in those two images

You do not need hardware flash programming tools to unlock the BIOS, those are only needed in case something goes wrong and you have to recover the BIOS.
But, yes, if you want to order those, and wait, then open system up and dump BIOS with the tools, you can. Yes, you can unlock it that way, or do it without programmer, like everyone else in this thread has been doing.

From post #189 -

If you want disable Aero15 Secure Boot, pls follow the gigabyte guide
[Security Device boot] > [Disabled]

----------------------

This is the guide for #23 step1
[Advanced]>[USB Configuration]>[Legacy USB Support] > [Disabled]
[Advanced]>[Trusted Computing]>[Security Device Support] > [Disabled]

Hereā€™s headkazeā€™s method - How to set the BIOS Lock variable to 0x00 (Disabled):
1. Make sure you have following values set in BIOS:
2. Take USB stick and format to FAT32
3. Create directory structure EFI\Boot
4. Download and unzip bootx64.7z
5. Put BOOTX64.EFI into Boot directory
6. Boot from this USB stick
7. Run command: setup_var 0xB4D 0x00
8. Run command: reboot

Hereā€™s my method to make the USB, whichever is easier for you - [Help needed] Hidden Advanced menu Bios HP Z1 J52_0274.BIN (2)

Once youā€™re done with that we can flash in the mod BIOS. And, once you do that, send me new FPT BIOS region dump, so itā€™s disabled in your dump as base moving forward
Also, before making any FPT BIOS Backups >> Please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. << This, basically, the above shows you how to do this
And then how to disable BIOS lock, but first, you need to dump your BIOS region for me, so I can check and give you the correct variable to change (in case itā€™s not same as mentioned above or in those posts)

Do step #1 below, send me the file, and do step #2 below and confirm you get an error (like 167, 280, 368)

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOSā€™ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section ā€œC.2ā€ find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose ā€œopen command window hereā€ (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If ā€œopen command window hereā€ does not appear, look for the ā€œSimple Registry Editā€ belowā€¦))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Donā€™t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds ā€œOpen command window here as Administratorā€ to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for youā€¦
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

@Lost_N_Bios,

Thanks again for all of those instructions!

So I was able to create the bootable USB with no issues, and when I ran setup_var 0xB4D 0x00, I received the message I uploaded in 1.jpg.

Is that error going to be a problem?

Also, my Intel ME version is shown in 2.jpg.

Should I download Intel CSME System Tools v14.0.20+ r10 - (2020-10-31)

-or-

Intel CSME System Tools v14.0.11- r1 - (2020-07-06)?

Iā€™ll continue working through this after your response. Thank you so much again! And by the way, how can I donate to you for your time and help?

Edit: To donate, do I just use the donate link at the bottom of the page? :slight_smile:

1.jpg

2.png

@enderfish - You need 14.0.20+

I need your BIOS region file from step #1 to ensure you are trying to change correct variable with setup_var before I advise any further
Did you first, disable secure boot, remove any BIOS password, disable TPM? All that has to be done before you dump BIOS with FPT, and before you try anything with grub/setup_var or RU method
You may have to use RU method method instead, I will give you info on this once you send me biosreg.bin

Yes, if you want to donate to the site, you can use link at the bottom of any page.
If you want to donate to me personally see PM, thanks for asking

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS ,

Understood! I completed all those steps, disabling secure boot and removing password/etc, and successfully dumped my BIOS with FPT.

Iā€™m including the biosreg.bin in a compressed file in this post, too. :slight_smile:

And cool, I will check your PM on how to donate to you! Thanks so much again! :smiley:

biosreg.zip (5.94 MB)