[Request] Gigabyte G5 KC Bios Unlock/ Mod

The reason turned out to be very simple. When I was collecting patterns, I missclicked and downloaded one of the previous BIOS versions, older than FB05.
I corrected this and added more patch patterns as well. Now there are total of 18 supported sub-models!

Now it gives an error - “FAIL!!! Incompatible device.”
And immediately closes the console

I seem to have forgotten to enclose the action in parentheses that is after the condition. So the compatibility check always failed. I removed this check. You can re-download and try again.

I wonder when will it start working. :sweat_smile:

Unfortunately same problem as above :thinking:

It must be some problem with FPT status handling. There’s nothing else routes to error message really.
I simplified the batch file a bit, for another time.
You may re-download.

Thank you very much for your time! Looks like I failed again. I ran the bat file, everything went well without errors, but the bios remained blocked. Also only 4 menu items in my bios. :smiling_face_with_tear:

What are they? Main, Boot, Security and Exit?
You don’t have access to Advanced by default?

There is an advanced menu, but there is a battery setting and basically everything.

In general, the BIOS menu is like on all CLEVO models, according to screenshots from the Internet

@Sweet_Kitten you have a unlocker for gigabyte g5 GD too ?
Version is doesnt matter i have all

In your BIOS there’s only one hidden tab on the left bar - “Power”. But it doesn’t have anything useful.

Most features to be unlocked are placed in Advanced. If you tell that Advanced is available, but no other settings appeared, means the script execution ended-up with failure. BIOS flashing stage was skipped I suppose.

Last attempt I removed status checks on reading stage, so this time I improved writing stage. Let’s see if it helps. You may re-download…

@Naxxly
You can test the solution from post #223 and see if it works for you.

It says xpm profiles are not supported.
But can u tell me where i can find tpm i dont see it in the settings

I didn’t explain well enough. You don’t need the XMP Profile Changer script for G5 KC, but a different one.

Security Device Support setting can be found in Security > TMP Configuration, provided that the BIOS is unlocked and Show Security Device Support selectable is Enabled.

Thank you, you are the best! With your last update, everything started and works, all items are available, I’ll start undervolting :slightly_smiling_face:

Only there was a problem with sound stuttering, and the mouse will try to change the driver.

Finally. Glad to hear that.
Never gonna do such things from smartphone ever again.

Not sure if this is the best idea for ‘H’ CPU.

Maybe you’d be good just with power limits increase?

Thanks again for your work. :wink:
If I increase the power limit. Will this lead to overheating and degradation of the crystal?
P.S - Yes, I tried to play around with undervolting and it reduced my performance like hell, really bad idea, rolled back to default settings.

I know. Overheating is harmfull. I don’t know much about this voltage adjustment stuff. Tho you still able to find optimal values for PLs for better temp-perf balance. At least, you may try changing Power Limit 4 to get rid of EDP throttling, frequency spikes.

Does it mean voltages actually configurable for ‘H’ CPU?

Ah, sure, non-working undervolting is only fair for Intel 12-th gen.

I used a little trick, now I have the program " ThrottleStop" can make changes.
I dropped a little voltage through it and everything works outside the BIOS, no changes were made to the program before the BIOS was unlocked.
People with the same problem can try. It helped me to lower the temperature from 98 to 92 - 88, I don’t know if such temperatures are normal for constant use.