[Request] How to Access Locked/Hidden BIOS Menu Settings

Thanks for the follow up, @Lost_N_BIOS.

Let me show you what I am talking about:

Those are some of the configs I’m trying to unlock. Another reason is that I have a Xeon E5-1680 V3 that I want to try on this motherboard and overclock. The multiplier is unlocked for that chip and it would be interesting to see if this motherboard can unlock that feature.

As for the programmer, I recent bought a USB CH341A Series 24 EEPROM BIOS Writer along with a WINBOND 25Q64BVAIG. I haven’t received the USB programmer yet.

Hey @foureight84 thanks for the images. That should be easy to do, since I see in the review linked above, IntelRCSetup is already enabled for you at the root level. So it may be easy to enable everything within via AMIBCP alone. If not, I can still do using other methods!
Here is initial test BIOS, using AMIBCP method only. For USB Flashback use a clean format via windows right click to FAT32, .CAP BIOS on root of USB drive, some boards use only a certain USB port so check your manual and smaller/cheaper USB = better
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bz35o2

You may need to follow my guide here to flash via FPT have known working USB Flashback compatible drive In the download I have included special FPT you need to use for your ME type, so if you use this method you will need to change the FPTw filename to match this package instead = spsFPTW.
If you use FPT, only use .ROM BIOS with FPT, do not use .CAP both are included
[GUIDE] Grub Fix Intel FPT Error 368 - BIOS Lock Asus/Other Mod BIOS Flash

First try flashing with USB Flashback using the .CAP BIOS on USB and do not change this files name, if that fails use above method, you can start at step #6, here are your variables to change from steps 1-5 already (0xEE & 0xF0) >>
BIOS Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xEE
One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 07 23 02 00 00 00}
One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 07 22 02 30 00 01}

One Of: Host Flash Lock-Down, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xF0 << I am unsure if this one needs disabled or not? You may have to try both ways, if you end up not being able to use USB Flashback
One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 07 23 02 00 00 00}
One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 07 22 02 30 00 01}

I have also enabled this setting area for above settings in your BIOS to be visible (For next time around flashing) IntelRCSetup >> PCH Config >> >> Security Config >> contains all of the above, root already enabled but I made sure to set “User” for each setting in case they were not visible to you by default

If this does not enable the Overclock section in IntelRCSetup, let me know, I will do again using methods outside of AMIBCP. Sometimes both methods are requited, other times only AMIBCP especially if main root menu for the area you want is already visible.

Thank you so much, @Lost_N_BIOS the menu items are all there. I couldn’t get it to work with my 1680v3 but my motherboard wouldn’t post either with CPU error. I think my CPU died (unrelated). I popped back in my dual 2667v3 and they’re great. Though multipliers are locked and so these items have no effect. But I was able to lower voltage a bit and that is working.

If I could kindly ask, would you know how to disable Intel ME from the bios all together?

@foureight84 - So all the settings show up now? Did the 1680V3 CPU Work before I modified the BIOS? If yes, can you test to see if it still works on stock BIOS, that way we know if this mod BIOS causes it to not work or just CPU maybe dead like you mentioned.

Intel ME can be disabled a few ways, possibly with ME Cleaner, and with proper Intel SPSFITc program. I checked with Intel’s ME FITc tool for this BIOS, but see below, and ME Cleaner I can’t figure out how to use properly to see if it would work on this BIOS ME, but maybe you can?
https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner - I found a better/easier to digest guide than the default ones on github here ME cleaner? trying this way now (Edit - no luck, no matter what I do or how I try, always syntax error in GUI or command line)

Your ME is 03.01.03.038 - I only have 03.00.05.402 version, and it produces a LOT of errors when putting your BIOS through it, so I think a different version is needed

plutomaniac do you have newer or more compatible version spsFITc for this ME type?

Nope

Thanks for helpping. No success with other versions. There wasn’t anything new interesting in output.

I tought could that possible work if I delete UEFI drivers from GPU bios, then mobo selects the only GPU with UEFI driver to boot from slot 3 example?

@raun0 - Did you try each version and 32 and 64 for each version of the tool I sent you, if not please do now so we can see if we can get a full valid output or not.

Yes I did. Output didn’t not change that much.

Guess no luck that way

Yes, that link has the source BIOS (which is the FIT corrected modded BIOS I am currently using), its mod with GPU DXE Driver module inserted and the other laptop BIOS from where I extracted the AMD Driver module.

Last time I checked, the integrated Intel GPU was not working when enabled in BIOS. I have got the hardware programmer but the SOIC clip is still not received. I tried ordering the SOIC clip twice but it got held up in custom clearance (not sure why). I have ordered it again and am keeping my fingers crossed. Seeing your comment, it sounds risky to flash this mod. So, I will wait until SOIC clip comes and I have identified the BIOS chip in the laptop. Until then, I would still want to learn conceptually if this is the right way to do it.

Wait until your programmer cable arrives, and until you’ve learned how to use and been able to get a verified and valid (Not FF/00) backup created with programmer, before you try any new BIOS tests in this regard.
Because if integrated GPU does not work properly and this BIOS mod fail then you will have no other way to recover except w/ programmer. Yes, as I mentioned, this is why it’s a huge risk without programmer and cable in hand.
Then we can test some BIOS modifications with this AMD Module and BIOS setting changes again too.

Ok. Agreed.

I have another bios that needs to unlocked if your up for it? It won’t allow me to use all my available ram. Something is allocating nearly 50% of the ram for its uses in the bios, and wanting to figure out what and hopefully adjust it. This laptop has an InsydeH2O bios, and I am not at all familiar with them. If your up for trying to tackle it, let me know and I can post any necessary files you may need. Also thanks again for the N5050 mods!!! Its working great!!!

@mikeshutte - You’re welcome on the N5050 mod, glad it’s still working great for you! Yes, I can try, but Insyde BIOS I am not super great at, sometimes I can help though, and I just recently learned how to unlock all menus too (if I can remember/figure out on yours unsure, but I’ve learned more recently on these BIOS).
If you have programmer give me a dump from the chip, if not link me to the stock EXE and give me a FPT dump if Intel system with ME onboard

Https://drivers/selfservice/HP-2000-Note…0/model/5333259, that should bring you right to the hp drivers page. I can also upload the .exe if needed. It has an AMD processor. I’m unfortunately not at home to get the BIOS ftp dump. I’ll be home later on this week, if you need it I can send it then.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel…0/model/5333259 use Windows 8.1 64bit for OS. Sorry first link isn’t working for some reason.

@mikeshutte - FPT dump doesn’t work for AMD system, only AFU Dump would be possible. Do you have flash programmer? If not, BIOS mod for HP is very risky, especially if BIOS is RSA signed and if RSA signed internally any mod will brick.
I can’t tell for sure, but looks like only the flashing process is signed (HP Signature file for inside flash) So you may need to find modified inside flasher or flashit may work, unsure. If you have programmer, then I think all would be OK

Did you check and make sure MSConfig is set to default settings? Maybe that is messing with your memory if changed from default. Did you recently install 12 or 16GB?
If yes, google your model and 12 or 16GB and see if there is complaints, sometimes there is common chipset or other support issue for upgraded amounts of memory.

What is your platform ID 0188b or 02128, exe contains 2 BIOS files. Never mind, those are both encrypted, I will need dump from you to inspect

I installed an additional 2gb for a total of 6gb, but only 3.6gb available. It says a program has the rest dedicated for usage. I’m assuming it’s the graphics card. I don’t have a programmer unfortunately. I’ve checked msconfig and all is set as it should be. No limits on memory and so on. It’s also a 64bit os so that shouldn’t be causing any issues either. I’ll get the bios dump for you as soon as I get home. The bios mod is not really necessary if I could figure out what is actually using the memory and get it configured right. I think it might be something with it being an AMD chip. I’ve never ran into this with Intel before.

Are you sure you installed x64 bit OS? Check my computer properties to confirm (I know, but best to check )

Are you using onboard graphics from CPU, or does it have additional PCIE graphics card? Once I have BIOS dump from you I can maybe help you change some BIOS setting. What can you see in BIOS as far as graphics related settings, be sure to check all areas?

Yep 100% on the 64bit. As far as graphics, it’s the onboard chip, and no settings available in the bios. It’s a very vanilla bios. There’s hardly any settings that can be configured/changed. I’ve checked everything that I can think of, even googled it, and the only thing that really came up was msconfig.