[Request] How to Change the Hardware ID "Subsys" in BIOS?

Hello. I’m curious if it’s possible to change a Hardware ID “Subsys” in a BIOS file.

I have an old motherboard (H61M-S1) with the Hardware ID Subsys “HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1458A002”. Changing the subsys to “SUBSYS_1458A0A2” would theoretically add support for native UAD drivers. I found that subsys while searching for a more recent motherboard with the same codec ALC887 and came across the B460M-DS3H. I downloaded the provided Realtek UAD driver and searched the .inf for a similar subsys, leading me to the mentioned one.

I’m aware of the Realtek-UAD-generic project by pal1000 on GitHub, and that normal HDA drivers work just fine. My curiosity lies in whether this modification is possible.

I’ve browsed through threads on this topic, such as “[Problem] edit hardware id in uefi bios” and “How to remap audio jack in BIOS?”. The first one lacks an answer, and the second one doesn’t directly touch on the topic, but it might point me in the right direction.

In my exploration with UEFITool, I attempted to search for the hex “EC 10 87 08” without any success. Nevertheless, when searching for “58 14 02 A0,” which corresponds to the subsys “1458A002” in reverse order, I stumbled upon a link to the CBRPEI module. However, I’m uncertain about how to decompile it to view its contents.

Like I mentioned, I’m just curious if it is possible to do and if just changing the “subsys” would make the UAD driver install seamlessly. I understand the “needlessness” of this modification per se. Thanks. :smiley: :+1:

I’ve added the URL from the MOBO since new users seem restricted to upload files: GA-H61M-S1 (rev. 4.0) Overview | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Edit by Fernando: Thread title customized

this section for realtek audio subsys id:
02201720A02117205822172014231720
use uefitool search hex pattern above, you will find modules.
extract body to file , replace these value in file , replace body with modified file.

this section for intel audio subsys id:
581402A0
use hex editor open bios file and search, then replace and save.
uefitool will break bios when replace pei module sometimes, so i recommend patch them directly.
then use uefitool open modified bios file, check checksum message, and fix them via hex editor.

here is modified file
H61MS13.F4.zip (2.7 MB)