[Request] How to get XP installed onto an Intel 9-Series chipset AHCI system?

@ miguelitito:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

This message indicates, that you have tried to install a 64bit driver into a 32bit OS or vice versa a 32bit driver into a 64bit OS.
Which guide did you follow and which driver did you install/load/integrate?
>Here< is the guide about how to inegrate an Intel textmode driver into a Windows XP CD. This method works even with Intel 9-Series Chipset AHCI and RAID systems.

How did you try to install XP? Which “Compatibility Support Modudule” (CSM settinghave chosen within the BOOT section of the UEFI BIOS?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

i think i didnt mistaked with 32/64 bits . i will try again

#

CMD is enabled on my bios but i dont know how i can launch cd using cms mode or uefi …

“CSM” has to be enabled, “Fast Boot” has to be disabled and all LEGACY options have to be enabled.

CMS is enabled , i didnt saw LEGACY option at bios , disabled APM options , and others that could conflict with OS installation . i’ve integrated the x64 correct driver on windows 2003 x64 now get :

"the bios in this system is not fully acpi compliant"

I setup advanced / pch storage configuration / sata mode selection : IDE and SATA but nothing .

My skype is : madocter can you giveme a hand there i can even make a donation for your work and time sspent on me

look into the “BOOT” section for something like “Addon ROM display” and “Launch Storage OROM policy”.

Within the “Advanced” UEFI BIOS screen there should be a section “ACPI Configuration”. If these settings do not help, press F5 or F7 when prompted to hit F6 at the beginning of the OS installation.

I don’t have the time for doing any private support.

I see OPROM policy under CMS menu but not "Addon ROM display"
Cant see ACPI Configuration but AMP that is the same (everything is disabled)
If i presws f5 setup say : " setup cant recognize the type of computer you ahve or you choiced … "ACPI multiprocessor CPU X64 , uniprocessor X64 , other …"
I have Sata dvd rom unit dont know if matters …
So this error is becausea bad BIOS config ?
#
and in your post you say "-6 If you are actually running Win7 x64 in UEFI mode, enter the BIOS and enable “CSM” within the BOOT section of the BIOS. "
How to get XP installed onto an Intel 9-Series chipset AHCI system?
is needed doing this from win7 ?

@ miguelito:
The BIOS setting options of each mainboard model are different. So it were only examples within my last post.

You have to find out yourself, which is the best matching option.

I don’t know, which error you mean.

No, from within the BIOS.

Hello finally windows xp installation its working thanks for your support and your moded drivers :).

I pressed F5 and choiced :
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC

Problem is that at least windows server 2003 version i used just showed me 3 options and they were not working but xp profesional show much more options when you push F5

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted text removed (to save space)

Its a shame that windows xp stucks when installing devices step , im reading about this issue and others people had it too

XP is a very old OS and doesn’t know anything about the newest devices.
Be happy, that you were able to get XP installed onto your Intel 9-Series Chipset system.

XP is a very old OS and doesn’t know anything about the newest devices.
Be happy, that you were able to get XP installed onto your Intel 9-Series Chipset system.

I know im lucky but i didnt get xp installed it stuck when installed at step "installing devices" at min 35 . if i fix it i will tell how .

The funny part is that i could install windows 2003 on hp rack of year 2013 hosted in online.com

from linux console i wroted : sudo hwls and i get report with all hardware , then i downloaded "compatible" sata drivers and attached with nlite , i could found compatible drivers for network card aswell

UPDATE:
I suthdow computer meanwhile setup and in bios disabled internal attached devices such " asmes sata device (or something like that ) and removed all usb i had pluged in

It is generally a good idea to unplug all unneeded devices before starting an OS installation.

first, tank you so much for this guide, is awesome share this knowledge with us.

I´m installed windows xp 64 bits on asus H97-pro gamer, it doesn´t work with "Universal 64bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 re-mod by Fernando", after i try with windows xp 32 bit with "Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 re-mod by Fernando" and the windows xp works fine!, why with 64 bits doesn´t works?

any idea?

@mijos75 :

What means “doesn’t work”?
Has the target drive been detected by the Setup? What about the ACPI settings (after hitting F5/F7)? Did you get an error message? If yes, which one?
By the way: You should have taken the “Universal 64bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”, because this is the latest, which has been modified by me.

I don’t know.
You should consider, that
1. Microsoft has not designed the OS Windows XP (32/64bit) for being used with Intel 9-Series Chipsets and
2. Intel has not designed their XP compatible Intel RST drivers for being used with Intel 9-Series Chipsets.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi:

with windows Xp 64 bits after to setup try to detect the hard disk, it has the blue screen. But with 32 bits no problems with installation. I use nlite metod to insert drivers.

Thanks in advance

Additional questions:
1. Did the XP x64 Setup detect the target drive?
2. Which error message did you see, when you got the BSOD?

Fernando,

First off, thanks for all the information you have provided so far.

So my issue is as follows: I have a i5-4690k with an ASUS Z97-K MB.

I followed your guide and slipstreamed the device driver into a WIN XP SP3 32bit Installation disc. After several attempts, I was able to get the installation to go through the full process.

However, after it restarted, it goes into the "Windows did not shut down correctly" screen with the safe mode options and start windows normally option. I tired all of them with the computer just restarting and going back to the screen.

Any ideas?

@The_Weasel :

Since the XP installation obviously completed successfully, this message seems to be not caused by a severe issue.
I recommend to power off the computer completely for a minute and to restart it.
If the message should be shown again, boot into XP in safe mode and look into the Device Manager for yellow flags.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando So I followed your instructions and it continues to just restart never reaching the Windows start up screen.
Here is a short video of what happens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L7ltHKYDN8

Could it be something to do with the F5 options? I have tried ACPI-PC and it BSOF, I tried Standard PC w/ i486 and it worked.

@The_Weasel :
It seems, that you haven’t yet removed the bootable CD, which contains the XP image.
Remove it, enter the BIOS and set your system drive onto the first position of the “Bootable HDDs” and “Bootable Devices”.
Then try it once more.