[Request] How to get XP installed onto an Intel 9-Series chipset AHCI system?

Yea, it still just cycles back to the safe mode screen. It never actually goes into Windows.

I’m wondering if it didn’t install all the way or I didn’t choose the correct option after pressing F5.

Here are the options I have:

ACPI Multiprocessor PC
ACPI Uniprocessor PC
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
Compaq SystemPro Multiprocessor or 100% Compatible
MPS Uniprocessor PC
MPS Multiprocessor PC
Standard PC
Standard PC with C-Step i486
Other

I have been using Standard PC with C-Step i486 and the setup came up and looked like it installed.

Is there an option I should be using instead of that one?

@The_Weasel :
You have to find out yourself, which ACPI option is the best. i don’t remember the setting I had chosen, when I installed Windows XP onto my Z97 AHCI system.

@Fernando So I got my hands on an OEM disc and copied that and was able to install XP with no issues except activation issues which I will worry about later.

Is there a thread or section discussing how to install the drivers? The MB driver disc does not work.

Which drivers do you mean and at which stage of the OS installation?
>This< is the thread about how to get Windows XP installed in AHCI or RAID mode onto an Intel chipset mainboard.

Which drivers do you mean and at which stage of the OS installation?
>This< is the thread about how to get Windows XP installed in AHCI or RAID mode onto an Intel chipset mainboard.

The basic drivers for the motherboard i.e.: LAN, Audio, VGA, PCI, etc.

@The_Weasel :
Do you really not know how to install these PnP drivers?
If yes, >here< is the related Sub-Forum.

@Fernando I know how to install the drivers. The disc is giving me this message "Software not compatible with this operating system"

I tried installing them through the device manager with the same issue. So my question was if there was a work-around or a place to find drivers that do work on XP for the Z97-K.

This is what I woiuld do in this case:
1. Check the VendorID (VEN_XXXX) and DeviceID (DEV_XXXX) of the devices, where the drivers are missing (right click onto the device > “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”).
2. Do a Google search for matching XP drivers for the related “VEN_XXX&DEV_XXXX” devices.
3. If you should not find any XP driver for a specific device, try a Vista one or modify the related INF file to make it XP compatible (in this case you have to force the installation by using the “Have Disk” button.

This is what I woiuld do in this case:
1. Check the VendorID (VEN_XXXX) and DeviceID (DEV_XXXX) of the devices, where the drivers are missing (right click onto the device > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").
2. Do a Google search for matching XP drivers for the related "VEN_XXX&DEV_XXXX" devices.
3. If you should not find any XP driver for a specific device, try a Vista one or modify the related INF file to make it XP compatible (in this case you have to force the installation by using the "Have Disk" button.

Ok, thanks. Will do.

I am having no luck getting a LAN driver to work.

I know we have different motherboards, but are the REALTEK LAN drivers the same for all Intel 9-series boards?

I am using the ASUS Z97-K

Ok, got one to work. Thanks for your help.

@Fernando So I have everything working and I have had no issues except for one. When I shut down the computer, it doesn’t shut down all the way. It comes up with “It is now safe to turn off your computer.”
After researching, it is because the PC is set as “Standard PC”.
Is there a way to update the driver with ACPI or will that brick the computer? I read a few articles that stated if this is changed improperly that the computer will not turn back on.
Any info will be appreciated.

@The_Weasel :
>Here< you will find a lot of informations about this issue and how to solve it.

@Fernando , I have MSI Z97 Gaming 7, motherboard, and I want to install windows XP 32bit in AHCI mode in WD Green M.2 2280 SSD or Kingston A400 240gb SSD, so that I can also use Windows 10 in dual boot. I followed your instructions and understand that I need this textmode driver “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 re-mod by Fernando” ( I don’t know I am right or wrong,if I’m wrong then please suggest the correct driver), but I did not found this driver. Please give the link. And also guide me if I am wrong . I tried but could not find “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 re-mod by Fernando”.

MSI Z97 Gaming 7
i5 4690K
4X8 gb corsair vengeance DDR3 1600
Gigabyte GT 1030 2gb GDR5

EDIT by Fernando:
>Here< is the download link to the “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by me (done at 01/03/2019)”.

ello to the community:

I write because I have a problem with a work team, which details the features below:

ASUS Z97-P Motherboard
Intel Celeron CPU G1840 2.80Ghz
Memoira RAM 4GB 1333Mhz
HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA (NO SSD)

What I need?
Install Windows XP Pro SP3 32Bits and have the PCI-E functional

Problems I have:
I have tried to install Windows XP Pro SP3 following the manuals and I have not been able to install it. I get the ACPI error screen.
I have put in the AHCI BIOS and nothing
I have put in the IDE BIOS and nothing
I have UEFI disabled in BIOS

I do not know if the drivers that I have put with the NLite are correct because I do not really know what they are, I have put all of the series 9.

Can you help me? I need to have windows xp for a work machine.

Thank you!!!

@jbelunico for the ACPI error you need to replace the original acpi.sys by the modded one in the installation media from here: Windows XP SP3 32bit and modern PC parts (149)

Here are the instructions on replacing the file: How to install Windows XP OS on AMD (AM3+ 990FX and AM4 X370 Ryzen 7) (2)

Thank´s @IntiMD

At last, I am successful! I have installed Windows XP Professional in WD Green M.2 2280 SSD in my MSI Z97 Gaming 7 motherboard without any BSOD! And I’m ready to share my Windows XP Professional ISO if it is helpful to anyone. I have used Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C82 added by Fernando.

MSI Z97 Gaming 7
i5 4690K
4X8 gb corsair vengeance DDR3 1600
Gigabyte GT 1030 2gb GDR5

@jbelunico

This is very interesting.

Can you specify your Intel CPU model# installed in your iMAC 27" computer?

You are the first Mac user to want to install XP on your system.

Also can you tell me the oldest Mac OS X or 9 version that can be installed on your system?

I’m curious of backwards MAC OS compatibility new Macs have.

@bikas

Bikas I find this strange you are getting an ACPI error? Are you certain you are getting BSOD A5 or 7B?

If you are using Z97 that is Broadwell and should work with ACPI natively. Also it has SATA IDE Compatibility mode option to install XP without needing SATA AHCI driver to install.

Can you confirm your motherboard BIOS shows SATA IDE or IDE Compatibility Mode option?

Also confirm which BSOD error you had was A5 or 7B?

Glad to see another XP install. And you are from India. Is it true India still uses XP on a majority of their computers still and what are you using XP for?