[Request] Lenovo Legion T730-28ICO Bios settings locked down

I blew my PSU xD, was trying to see if i could set a reset switch to reset the bios - but there was an odd pinset i did not recognize next to the 3 pin bios reset with the jumper. It is a 2 pin labeled memclr, the 3 pin is labeled clr, was curiois if maybe that spot is where a bios reset switch was meant to be installed and when you google memclr it comes up with bios reset pins. However when i tried it…it killed the PSU, it actually blew a transister right off the power supply. The power supply is a 750 watt gold rated, but it was also 6 years old, so i dont know if whatever happened would have happened if it were a newer PSU or if it was a combination with the age of the powersupply but I had to replace it as it only had a 5 year warranty :-p . Also the ram is perfectly fine, I popped it in my cousins system and set the XMP with no issues whatsoever, this motherboard is just terrible lol

That sucks to hear, sorry! Hopefully the board itself survived

It did, sucks, honestly I’d have preffered the board had died, not much more expensive then a decent quality power supply lol. sucks buying a part that wont add any performance :-p

Maybe the PSU was on it’s way out then? I’m surprised to hear the board survived but PSU died from simple short like that, usually a trace and or resistor would blow on board before PSU

Good evening guys , I have same problem and I already watch the whole post since it begin , and I has upgrade the new PSU which is TT 750 WATT smart rgb bronze , so can you guys help me to unlock my bios setting ?

Hi,

I need some help to unlock Lenovo Legion T730-28ICO Memory settings locked BIOS. I have the progarmmer.

Will donate to appreciate the help, even better if someone can guide me how to unlock.

Thanks

@nicezk - Sure, if you have programmer send me your BIOS dump. Please do the following, and we’ll see if you have to have programmer or not
This is only a “Possible way”, I am not sure we can make work this way, you may have to have flash programmer (CH341A + SOIC8 test clip w/ cable)

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

@juspokat - Already talking with you in PM since you reached out - thread merged here

Hi. I have the same problem.
You need to unlock BIOS on Lenovo T730-28ICO
to enable hidden overclocking options. Maybe someone can help?