[Request} Need BIOS Dump from Someone for P9x79LE

@zsurfaraz - please edit the above and give full layout of what you want (ie Advanced >> System Agent >> XX etc), mainly because “All CPU” or “All USB” can refer to several different sections or submenus etc.
Also please note where this ARI thing is at too so I don’t miss it.

Additionally, you’ve made a mess above, flashing in stock BIOS with programmer and jumping ahead of my instructions while we tried to fix things properly.
So I have no idea what BIOS I should use as base here (other than the one I originally fixed for you - post #27), but LAN isn’t working still there (need proper dump from this board still)
So, you never made a backup with programmer before you erase/wrote to the chip, did you? If not, then all OG NVRAM shadow copy will be lost, and we’ll have to move forward with just the BIOS I initially fixed for you while we wait on finding a proper dump from this model.

In regards to your PM, I’m sorry, but there is no rushing around about editing BIOS, this is how/why you are where you are now (rushing)

@Lost_N_BIOS I understand. I am after the following, I believe these were already covered by the bios provided by yourself in post #27;

Advanced >> PCI Subsystem Settings >> PCI Express GEN 2 Settings >> ARI FORWARDING
Advanced >> System Agent Configuration >> IOH Configuration >> Intel(R) VT for Direction I/O Configuration >> Intel(R) VT-d
Advanced >> System Agent Configuration >> IOH Configuration >> Intel(R) VT for Direction I/O Configuration >> Coherency Support
Advanced >> System Agent Configuration >> IOH Configuration >> Intel(R) VT for Direction I/O Configuration >> ATS Support
Advanced >> System Agent Configuration >> IOH Configuration >>Intel(R) I/OAT
Advanced >> System Agent Configuration >> IOH Configuration >>MMIOH Size
Advanced >> System Agent Configuration >> IOH Configuration >> all port link speed options (i.e PORT 1A link speed and PORT 1B Link speed and so forth)

Yup I made a mess and didn’t take backup configuration Sorry. I understand this will take some time, thank you for your help on this.

@zsurfaraz - Thanks. So, are you saying I already unlocked all those in BIOS on post #27? If yes, great, use that BIOS then. I didn’t check, but sounds like that’s what you’re saying above?
All of that (all of all of those mentioned menus/submenus) would be covered/visible in a general NVME/Birfurcation mod BIOS anyway, so sounds like that is your desired edit.

@Lost_N_BIOS that is correct, everything is already covered by the bios in post #27.

So, do you need that in a programmable ready BIOS, or did you just go ahead and reflash that one with FPT or USB Flashback w/ the file I made you a few posts later?

programmable please, ftp still fails and usb flashback is temperamental.

@zsurfaraz - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…178669414114634

@Lost_N_BIOS thank you. will use this this evening once back from work and update.

OK, hopefully it will be what you need before you have to leave for a while

Thank you. That worked and its me up and running.

Great, now you can rest a little easier while you are away for vacation/business, whatever it was you had to leave for

Hopefully someone will reply soon with a BIOS dump from this model! Or, maybe you can find dead/broken board on ebay for $20?

* Please edit your title and add >> Need BIOS Dump from Someone

Maybe then, some user with board will see that!

Hi

Need a bios dump from someone for the ASUS P9X79LE

I meant first post title, so the overall thread title changes on forum view I can do for you, but you can too

@Lost_N_BIOS title updated . I got a broken p9x79le board off ebay through the post and when I took it out of the box its a p9x79le pro. When I state broken it does not boot up according to the ad, haven’t really tested it myself.

Probably a bad BIOS flash, you can recover it with flash programmer. Unless it has a bunch of bent CPU socket pins, then you need to know how to fix those or replace the socket.
Didn’t you look at the images up close before you purchased? There is no P9X79-LE PRO (only one or the other LE or PRO) How much did you pay for it?

@Lost_N_BIOS pins looked fine, I have connected it up for a quick test and can see that when it powers up I get a red light near the cpu and then it switches off. Also the Q-Code quickly comes up with 00 before it goes into reboot. I could do a reflash of the chip once I am back from Holiday, Only cost £10 so can’t really complain. I can take a dump of the chip through the programmer and get that across to yourself quickly if you like before I leave.

Damn, nice deal for only $10 (probably more than that in £, I didn’t check), but still that sounds cheap. Even if you can’t get it to work, the BIOS chip is $2-3, the heastsinks you can use, so paid for itself already there
Yes, try USB Flashback once you get a chance and see if you can get it going. Try oldest CPU you have in case it’s stuck on a super old BIOS too. Yes, if you want to send me BIOS dump from it I can tell you what version it is, and if it looks corrupted or not.
But, 00 on debug is not a good sign, however than can happen with bricked BIOS too, lets hope that is only issue since no bent pins. If you can fix it then you can resell and get $200 or so still I bet.

Please find bios attached, hopefully thats all it is. But good to know if I can repair it I might be able to recover some monies from this festive season.

asus p9x79pro backup.zip (4.73 MB)

@zsurfaraz - yes, that is what happened, at least with the BIOS anyway, there may be other issues with that board, but the BIOS someone took .CAP BIOS and wrote it to the board either with FPT or with flash programmer. BIOS Is 4608 version
So, capsule itself is programmed in (800h) and then 800h is missing from the end of the BIOS due to chip can only hold 800000h not 800800h + FD/GbE is messed up too due to bad edit attempt. So it’s a mess, and more messed up that just write of capsule to chip, and it’s easy to see what they tried to do/how this happened.
At least they put the MAC ID in there first, in case sticker is removed from board (C8:60:00:CC:4D:E8), and non-FD44 module board specific details are still in there too (in padding) in case all stickers were removed from the board.
So, here is rebuilt BIOS using stock 4608 region, board details placed back in into both areas, if there is no hardware issue with that board it should now run fine when you put this BIOS back.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…746615182526293

You may also be able to toss that file into a capsule and USB Flashback it if you want, if the board will still run flashback as it is now?
I meant to toss in capsule for you when I started, but forgot, I think you know how to do anyway if you wanted to try that instead of programming.
Or, did you already try to get USB Flashback to fix it? It may not work with BIOS like it is now, I’m not sure how much of that coding is ran from the flashback chip and how much is used from the BIOS chip itself before it takes over and starts programming.

@Lost_N_Bios Sorry just saw this now. Ill try this out once I’m back in the new years from my holiday. Thank you for your help and hope you have a great festive period