[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

Great! I’m glad everything worked out.

I see there is new driver UPDATE Some DRIVERS. 2021.07.05, will it solve the problem for Asus X470 series, windows 7 freezing after installation. This problem only for asus motherboads, on MSI B550 works well the previous drivers too.

Have you tried disabling the legacy USB support in the bios to see if it will fix this? It worked for the older MSI bios which froze at the Windows log on screen with these drivers so it’s probably worth checking on your Asus board as well.

@ryegrass @Atom_Ant
For ASUS AM4 mainboards, if using win8 port driver from MDL, disabling the legacy USB support will still can not wor. Enable PBO funtion and disble Fmax seem can work. But for ryzen 1000/2000 cpu, they not support PBO. So, if your mainboards are ASUS AMD platform, I rencommed use the driver I post here, also if you still want to use win8 port driver, you can do this:USB DRIVER MOD

Ok, thanks, but where is to possible to download that modded Asus driver? Because i can read “I posted here”, but i only find way to download non Asus drivers.

Do you happen to have the "Ryzen 3000 Serise_149C_Drivers_B3_Win7_SHA1.rar" file still? I can’t seem to find it on here.

Or if anyone else reading this has this file, please let me know. Perhaps canonking might?

I have AMD AGESA version 1.0.0.4.

I’ve been busy with other things going on and I finally have the time to work on it some more. Windows 7 does indeed boot and work; I just need to get the drivers installed at this point before continuing further.

Do you happen to have the "Ryzen 3000 Serise_149C_Drivers_B3_Win7_SHA1.rar" file still? I can’t seem to find it on here.

Or if anyone else reading this has this file, please let me know. Perhaps canonking might?

I’ve been busy with other things going on and I finally have the time to work on it some more. Windows 7 does indeed boot and work; I just need to get the drivers installed at this point before continuing further.

Exactly which CPU, and motherboard do you have?
(MSI, Gigabyte appear to be OK, Asus possible, ASRock- no for USB 3 drivers)

I have an ASRock x570 Steel Legend with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

I can’t assume for sure, but I would guess that Mr. Nobody and cityhopper had working USB 3.0 ports. cityhopper told me how they were able to get Windows 7 up and running (they used the B3 drivers and worked it fine by the sound of it).

I have an ASRock x570 Steel Legend with an AMD Ryzen 5 3600.

I can’t assume for sure, but I would guess that Mr. Nobody and cityhopper had working USB 3.0 ports. cityhopper told me how they were able to get Windows 7 up and running (they used the B3 drivers and worked it fine by the sound of it).

Since I don’t have an ASRock board, I’m just going by what canonkong said on page 1 of this thread "ASRock 500 series mainboards CAN NOT work on win7 and will A5/7E BSOD becaus of the BIOS". He’s done extensive testing not only of the modified drivers here, but also of the Windows 8 USB driver mentioned earlier, so I trust his judgement.

I do however have copies of his earlier drivers but not as compressed .rar files. If you know which driver you need that was included in "Ryzen 3000 Serise_149C_Drivers_B3_Win7_SHA1.rar", I might have it. That way you can determine for yourself whether or not they will work on your ASRock x570 Steel Legend.

According to other two users and from what I can say so far (with the help of Mr. Nobody and cityhopper), the ASRock x570 Steel Legend does work, although you have to a Matisse or an earlier Ryzen processor. @cityhopper (if you’re reading this, thank you once again!) told me that you need to make sure that you have BIOS revision P2.60 (or earlier) or the setup will BSOD. This revision limits you to Matisse or earlier Ryzen processors.

You’ll have to use a PS/2 mouse (or a PS/2 mouse and keyboard via a splitter cable) until the USB drivers are installed once you are in Windows.

I have Windows 7 up and running but without the drivers of course. Would you be willing to send the AMD, ASRock USB drivers and the Intel networking drivers that came with that package? Sadly I am not sure which USB driver it needs but I am willing to test each one until it works.

I believe there is a modded driver for the Intel I211AT ethernet controller for Windows 7 but I could be wrong. If not, I do have a Wi-Fi card I can always install.

Unfortunately, I have no idea which driver is the one which may work for ASRock nor was in the Ryzen 3000 Serise_149C_Drivers_B3_Win7_SHA1.rar package, as he never listed them that way in his downloads.

These are the earlier USB drivers that I have:

asmedia-usb3-v1.16.56.1
USB 3 Driver 2.0.0.48
USB 3 Driver 2.0.0.49 most Recent
USB 3 Driver 2.0.0.60
USB 3.2 Driver 2.0.0.68

And the two Intel LAN Drivers:

Intel WLAN (which contains an exe file)
Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection

Here’s a link to an earlier package with the .68 drivers and I211 Network Driver https://yadi.sk/d/elVdi3YjM6M-7A Password: xiaofengmod

Disclaimer: make sure you have a full image of your Windows drive before you do anything, and that it can be properly restored, otherwise you could be left with a system that won’t boot.

I found out my old hard drive and looked for the download address of Ryzen 3000 Serise_149C_Drivers_B3_Win7_8.1_SHA256.rar. Its link page is: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1eZDquNsH6CI_8aSxIGhOWg
Code:hdsc

There are basic driver files in the driver package. You need to let Win7 problematic devices (yellow exclamation mark) to find and install automatically one by one.

The network card and usb interface are used normally, but some new USB devices (individually) are inserted, and win7 cannot recognize them.

the KB3033929 update is a crucial update that adds SHA-2 (sha256) code signing support to Windows 7.
essential for modern drivers that are digitally signed with SHA-2 certificates.

however, KB3033929 is not needed anymore as it is superseded/replaced with the KB4474419 update.
Install KB4474419 update instead of the KB3033929 update.

try integrating KB4474419 instead because KB4474419 replaces KB3033929

Thank you for the link, cityhopper! I can’t seem to download the file, however. I’m having to use a translator and it does not seem to let me download it without an account for Baidu. It fails each time sadly.

Once again I’ve been busy with other things in real life (I meant to respond earlier) and I once again have some time to work on my new machine, haha. So close to having USB. I was able to get the Intel I211 ethernet to work with the package that ryeglass linked to me.

Update: Everything is working with Windows 7 Ultimate on ASRock x570 Steel Legend… at the moment!!!

After some more testing and, I was able to get the 1.0.0.13 drivers to work from the latest driver pack. I have had zero issues so far; no BSODs, etc. Intel I211 Gigabit ethernet is working fine with no issues as well. If I run into any difficulties, I’ll try another driver. Right now, all of my front USB ports work (2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports) and all of the flash drives I have thrown at it seem to work fine so far. I did notice that one of my older USB 2.0 flash drives (an older 4GB SanDisk Cruzer from 2014 or so) only seems to work in only one of the USB 3.0 ports. Go figure I guess! I haven’t tested all of the motherboard USB ports yet, but I know my USB switch for my keyboard and mouse. Other than that odd flash drive issue, everything appears to be stable at the moment.

A big thank you to @cityhopper , @Mr_Nobody , and @ryegrass for all of your help and support! I hope each of your replies and their respective messages help someone else out too!

If I have any issues, I’ll be sure to ask about them if I can’t figure it out myself. If everything works well for the next several days, I’ll try to do a follow up. Have a great day and/or night!

Hello to you all.

I could successfully install Windows 7 x64 on my new Ryzen system.

Here are the specs:

Motherboard: Asus x470 ROG Crosshair Hero VII, bios v4402
CPU: Ryzen 5950X
Memory: 64Gb Crucial Ballistix BL32G36C16U4B.M16FB1
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming Z TRIO
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 2Tb

I integrated:
- All Windows 7 updates till January 2020
- AMD AM4 X399 TRX40 Drivers B11 Win7 8.1 SHA256 without Phison & Samsung NVMe drivers
- mod+signed generic 64bit Samsung NVMe driver v3.3.0.2003 for Win7 x64

Installation was flawless, everything was recognized (no yellow exclamation mark in the Device Manager).

There are small bugs:
- Monitoring softwares such as AIDA64, HWMonitor, HWiNFO don’t work well. They randomly freeze upon detection and make the entire system crash. It doesn’t even shutdown (I have to press on the power switch). I could partly solve the issue with HWiNFO by adding AsusWMI=0 to the config file.
- CrystalDiskInfo is unable to provide the 980 Pro SMART info, AIDA64 can.

I tried with Win10PE and there are no problems.

Any idea how I can fix that?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, thanks a lot for working on making such great drivers!

Unfortunatly excuse my ignorance but even after reading the posts,
i cannot understand how to inject the drivers in the Windows 7 iso…

I have tried a tool i found: "Gigabyte Windows 7 USB Installation Tool" without any success, because i cannot understand where and how to put the canonkong files in the windows 7 iso…

I have a X570 Corsair viii dark hero with a 5950x, does maybe anyone already have the modified windows 7 iso with the drivers inside that i could get?

Or could someone explain very simply to me how make it?

@Alessa

I recommend using NTLite to integrate drivers into a windows 7 ISO.

Thanks i have tried but unfortunatly i must be doing something wrong because it did not boot after logo screen…

Do I use the "AMD_AM4_X399_TRX40_Drivers_B11_Win7_8.1_SHA256.7z" package?
i must put ALL the drivers inside the windows 7 iso?
or i choose only the drivers for my motherboard?

And then because i use an Asus motherboard do i need to delete the "2win7 generic usb driver port from win8/server2012" ?
and after i replace it with this one from first page scond post: "usb-3-xhci-driver-stack-for-windows-7.81934"?

also Canonkong said:

can i do this in one time? or do i have to finish the iso with the AMD chipset driver then start again on the new iso to add the Usb drivers?

Thanks i have tried but unfortunatly i must be doing something wrong because it did not boot after logo screen…

Do I use the "AMD_AM4_X399_TRX40_Drivers_B11_Win7_8.1_SHA256.7z" package?
i must put ALL the drivers inside the windows 7 iso?
or i choose only the drivers for my motherboard?

And then because i use an Asus motherboard do i need to delete the "2win7 generic usb driver port from win8/server2012" ?
and after i replace it with this one from first page scond post: "usb-3-xhci-driver-stack-for-windows-7.81934"?

also Canonkong said:

can i do this in one time? or do i have to finish the iso with the AMD chipset driver then start again on the new iso to add the Usb drivers?

Hello,

You can integrate the complete package. Windows will pick up the needed drivers during setup.

Everything needed for AM4 platform will be integrated. You don’t need the generic USB driver port.

It works flawlessly an my X470 / B550 platforms, except for some bugs I mentioned earlier (not related to the method of integration).