[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

thanks but it always kinda freeze on "starting windows" screen on my asus x570 dark hero motherboard…

i think i need to integrated the USB drivers also in the windows 7 iso,
but i cannot really understand the procedure on how to do so…
specially what people mean by that i need to install it after the AMD chipset…
do i integrate also these usb drivers in the iso?

@Alessa

there is also some alternative drivers available over at my digital life forums that you can try.

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads…indows-7.81934/

There are also some subtle settings you need to tweak.

For example, on my Asus x470, it worked without any problem with my Ryzen 2700X.
With my 5950X (and same board), I have to activate Precision Boost Overdrive and deactivate PBO FMax Enhancer in BIOS, otherwise I get bluescreens during setup.

Please see: [Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems (45)

Have you tried that?

Yes thank you i applied this settings to the Bios now also, but unfortunatly without sucess…

I tried many windows 7 isos,
i tried injecting the canonkong B11 drivers from the first page or the B9 drivers,
with the "X570_149C_Drivers_B2" drivers after or without,
i tried injecting with NTlite, or with Dism++
but nothing works…
it stills hangs after the second reboot after the "Starting Windows" logo…

i am a bit desperate,

could be because the Asus dark hero x570 motherboard or the 5950x…

i must be missing to do something… but i am not sure what…

@Alessa

does it freeze at "Starting Windows" at the setup phase too? or only after second reboot?

it freeze at "Starting Windows" only at second reboot…

First of all let me state that I don’t have an Asus board, but it looks like you’re running into the problem canonkong talks about here:

"So, ASUS AM4 mainboards only can use AMD 1.0.0.12/13 MOD driver"

https://www.win-raid.com/t4960f52-Solution-Win-Drivers-for-USB-Controllers-of-new-AMD-Chipset-Systems-32.html

If you really want to get Windows 7 running on this board, I would suggest getting a PCIe USB 2 card (for your mouse and keyboard), then installing Windows 7 with no integrated USB 3 drivers. Once Windows is up and running, you can then experiment with various USB 3 drivers to see if any of them boot properly.

@Alessa

Follow this post. User32 got it running on his C8DH.

Intel boards method

ASUS AMD boards direction how to go ->

Step 0 - Make sure you have the CSM Legacy option ROM enabled in the BIOS.
Step 1 - Get Clean Windows 7 SP2 ISO, get NVMe update (If you need Samsung NVMe drivers check above link you have them from Fernando), SHA2 update (you can find in above link OR check this post ), get the Cannonkong driver pack.
Step 2 - Integrate everything to make the Slipstream ISO using MSMG or NTLite.
Step 3 - Now download WinNTSetup or any PE method (SergeiStrelec also makes one PE) get that Software pointed to the ISO image you created boot it. Now once the NTSetup loads it will use the host Windows USB drivers (Win10) and help the boot process detect your USBs this will allow you to bypass all PCIe to USB or PS/2 option and thus allowing you to install the Windows 7 without issue.
Step 4 - Once that is done get Simplix pack and update it BUT remember to use /No USB flag, since that xHCI driver pack from MDL is not good with ASUS X570 boards which is integrated into Simplix Pack.

Please let us know if it worked. Thanks

HI
CAN YOU MOD B550 FOR WIN7 32BIT
THANKS

Asus Aorus X570 Ultra
5950X
64Gb
1Tb Nvme 980 Pro
AMD 6900XT

rig is working without any issues.
Yeah, i’m on the edge!

@spacedrone808 , very nic(h)e setup, i like. is the gigabyte belongs to Asus now or did you buy/construct a Frankenmobo=?
how did you install win7 without the PS/2 if i may ask?

To make things rolling you’ll need to integrate appropriate drivers (nvme+usb3) into the win7 installer or use already precompiled iso’s.
There are plenty of them already. I recommend latest Generation 2 builds available on Pirate Bay.

@canonkong 这个是华硕560主板上的也可以加进去(%DeviceName% =USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_19AF&MI_00)

Hello everyone,

It has been a while and I wanted to give an update on running Windows 7 with an ASRock x570 Steel Legend motherboard with the latest modded drivers.

I have had no issues with anything at all whatsoever (including the Intel I211AT), other than sometimes a USB 3.0 flash drive is not recognized in a USB 3.0 port at first unless it is first inserted (and then unmounted and disconnected) from a USB 2.0 port. The same thing sometimes will happen with a USB 2.0 flash drive in a USB 2.0 port. However, with a USB 3.0 4-port hub I have, everything seems to be recognized with no issue at all whatsoever each time I have used it.

The USB 3.2 ports that are attached to the motherboard itself - all the ones that I have tested work flawlessly. Excellent read and write speeds all around!

So despite the awkward USB recognition that can occur every once in a while (it depends on your flash drives too), it works flawlessly.

I have been running Windows 7 on this system for a little over a month now and I have to say, it runs quite well. Would I recommend the ASRock x570 Steel Legend for a modern Windows 7 machine? BIOS version 2.60 is the last revision that can run Windows 7 without the dreaded A5/7E BSOD, so only Matisse (3000) and older Ryzen processors are supported. Anything newer (like Renoir) requires 2.70 onward and due to that, Windows 7 will not work with those revisions.

So if you don’t mind that drawback, it’s a pretty solid motherboard for Windows 7. If you have one of these motherboards and a compatible Ryzen processor laying around as well, I say go for it!

@StormSpotterJohn
If you have any usb problem,I think you can use the win8 port driver,you can find it 2# I post.

if we are able to get this kind of drivers and support for the usb controller. why is there no workaround for the Intel wifi 9260 on the x470 boards as well running windows7?

Thanks!

@mak2020

Because WiFi drivers usually uses latest version of KMDF, which cannot be ported to Win7.

Situation of WiFi6 drivers is even worse, MS created a framework exclusively for this specification, obviously available on Win10+ only.

@StormSpotterJohn

That’s great news that everything has been working well with your Windows 7 installation. If you have some time, you might want to list all the drivers which finally worked for you, their version number , and where you got them. That way anyone else with an ASRock x570 Steel Legend would have an easier time using Windows 7.

Crosshair VIII Extreme has 2xThunderbolt 4 ports, and the Marvell AQtion AQC113CS 10G LAN and ALC4082 upon checking the 10G LAN controller 113CS used in there from official Marvell doesn’t have the Windows 7 support, Upon checking Station drivers up until AQC107 they have Windows 7 drivers. So is it safe to assume Soundcard, LAN (10G only, as the other 2.5G is Intel 225V which can work with 7), TB4 on that board won’t have Windows 7 drivers ? (A massive bummer as Extreme board is full feature packed)

Just wanted to think over the Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (which works 100% with Windows 7) vs Extreme for AMD as the X570S is probably used on that Extreme and maybe a new stepping of the Chipset silicon. Really torn on deciding the platform and boards because of USB drop out and WHEA. Also Dark Hero 2nd PCIe slot cannot be used if we have a Triple slot GPU.

Thanks.

Edit - MSI X570S ACE MAX (Another great mobo with flexible PCIe options and ton of SATA ports) also has the same USB ALC4082, I think from now on we will only get this Audio chipset. I checked the driver, it only have Windows 10 support. Anyone has any experience with this Audio chip working on Win7.

1 Like

You might want to take a look at the MEG X570 ACE motherboard as it is quite similar to the MEG X570S ACE MAX, but still uses the Realtek® ALC1220 Codec which has Windows 7 drivers.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboards#?tag=MEG-Series&compare=TUVHLVg1NzBTLUFDRS1NQVg=,TUVHLVg1NzAtQUNF