[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

When playing valorant with the X570 driver, the anti-cheat error is displayed with error code 128.Is there a solution?MOBO ASUS log crosshair formula viiiilyzen 5900x

Hello, my another question>

all Asrock X570/B550 wont work with Windows 7? If yes, why?
can Biostar function?

Thank you.

PLUS> is there any chance to get an add/in card with Thunderbolt functioning under Windows 7?

This Thunderbolt card has Windows 7 drivers:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/Accessories/ThunderboltEX-3/

thanks, this is really nice, but it seems only compatible with Intel Chipset Mobo, but will check with Asus.

i am missing something. When using PatrickKā€™s iso on my Dark Hero Viii with the 5950 CPU, i get stopped on the looking for drivers screen. Mouse works ok, and i can browse all the drives. Any ideas?

Thanks

Just registered to share my experience with Windows 7 and AMD

Iā€™ve been struggling for over 5 days trying to install Windows 7 on my new Crosshair VIII Dark Hero with Ryzen 9 5900x and AMD Raid drivers and I must say that itā€™s been a nightmare. After countless of hours of tying different images with countless of drivers, slipstreamed, integrated, etc, this is what worked for me:

Grabbed one of my own Win 7 ISOs and used NTLite with EN_WIN7_X64_2002_FOR_AMD_RYZEN.esd from @canonkong added raid_windows_driver_8_01_00_026 for Windows 7 from official Crosshair VI Hero for Win7.
Booted from MBR USB and installed to a NVME with MBR partition, loaded the Raid drivers, but Warning here: only loaded rcbottom and rcraid because when I tried to load rccfg it gave me a BSOD on the final installation stage. Tried again without loading rccfg and it went on smoothly.
To my surprise on the second boot I was able to reach the User details screen with Mouse and Keyboard support. I was amazedā€¦

Went through the final steps and I booted up into the desktop. Unbelievableā€¦ finally. Installed chipset drivers and the rest afterwards

The only thing Iā€™m not able to launch is the RaidXpert tool (installed 2.09 version from AMD site which ā€œsupportsā€ windows 7), it installed but seems like apache is not working so I cannot get to the tool. A side effect to this I believe is that Iā€™m not able to set the Write-Cache option to my mechanical disks connected, but no biggie.

Thanks @canonkong and everyone for sharing your experiencies, otherwise I donā€™t think I would have been able to install it.

Clip.jpg

Clip_2.jpg

@Basara

I have been doing the same thing for about as long. What did you do with the .ESD file? Tried loading that into ntlite & gave an error. i have never worked with .esdā€™s.

@Sundance

I used NTLite to convert the ESD to WIM, then renamed the .wim file to install.wim, pasted it into my extracted windows ISO directory on /sources (replace the one you have), then loaded NTLite again and created the ISO. Used Rufus to make a bootable MBR USB and it miraculously worked. I tested it about 3 times, one creating a GPT partition: it worked. Another 2nd time without loading any RAID drivers, once windows booted up and I was able to get to the desktop I just went to device manager and installed only rcbottom and rcraid.

@Basara

Thanks, that is the direction in need. I will give it a try & let you know what happens.

Hwo to install Windows 7 on Ryzen 5 3400G and Asus Prime A320M-k mobo ? I try to install and on Complete Installataion screen show BSOD ACP Compilant. On mobo official site has driver for win7.

@Basara

Think i have been going down a wrong rabbit hole. For some reason, my pc doesnā€™t like to use an unattended file. I just tried one written in NTlite & one in RT 7 Lite, both hung on the main machine that i am trying to load. Put them on my laptop, and they sailed right passed that step. Guess i will pull my drive & put in another PC. Then use my load with all the USB drivers installed, then put it back in. I canā€™t imagine a MB option to cause this. Might do some more checking on unattended files.

Got mine going & maybe i can help someone else. For some reason, my motherboard was not seeing drivers i had put into my ISO during boot up. I decided to go old school & put it on a DVD instead of a USB. Everything worked great & i had USB 3 ports when it was done. So the drivers were loading, guess just not at the right time.

Iā€™ve been looking to move back to Win7 for sometime and have been doing my research.
As of last weekend I injected the Drivers by Cannon King (USB and NVME) Into a Win 7 Ultimate Iso With updates up to 2016 and some Win10 excluded related telemetry updates excluded.

The motherboard Iā€™ve been eyeing is this

ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4

From what I gather, I need to at least have Bios Version 1.4 (from their site) for these drivers to work.

Also earlier in the thread I saw the only way to Inject these modified drivers is Only if the Chipset drivers are injected as well.

For this board Iā€™d be using the Win7_2.17.25.506 AMD Chipset driver thatā€™s intended for x470 boards but installing it here anyway. And then using Canonkings Release.

Iā€™m not sure how to check if this motherboard would have the ACPI Issue

"Not all the x570/ TR40 can support win7 because the BIOS can not fully support ACPI" - Post #144

I would love to be able to inject everything into the Install.Wim just to be super clean but I canā€™t figure out how to extract any of the Driver .inf files from the AMD Chipset x470 Windows 7 Installation file. (I tried digging through it and could not find them)

Planning on using a 3700x maybe a 5800x later down the road.
Made an account just for this. Thanks to whoever reads this over.

Hey guys,
Trying to install windows 7 on Ryzen 4500U APU. I use windows 8 boot.wim and install 7 Ultimate install.wim with cmd and dism because the windows 7 setup doesnt boot. Then Windows 7 (installed to nvme samsung) boots and windows logo with "Setup is updating registry settings" then it reboots and hangs on starting winows boot screen. Hard shutdown results in winload.efi error and safe mode freezes when loading classpnp.sys.

Thanks,
jamig

@ToastNinja
ASRock has a broken ACPI implementation on their boards, if you absolutely want to run Win7 on Zen2/3 get a ASUS, Gigglebyte or MSI board.

@User32

Not necessarily, my ASRock AB350 gaming K4 has no ACPI problems with Win7, but my Gigabyte TRX40 Designare does.

@User32
and
@infuscomus

Thank you for both of your inputs. I had since decided to go with a B450 board and just deal with having to upgrade the bios if need be.

For the specific board in mind they have drivers and downloads on theyā€™re site for Windows 7 x64 bit. Claiming " * Matisse, Picasso & Raven Ridge CPU supports MicrosoftĀ® WindowsĀ® 10 64-bit only."

I believe the only one to worry about would be Matisse but if I recall correctly the "3700x Will not Support Windows 7" was more of a PR Soft block then an actual "It Will not Function Period."

I still donā€™t really understand what ACPI is. Within the Motherboards Manual it reads
"ACPI HPET Table
Enable the High Precision Event Timer for better performance and to pass WHQL
tests."

Does this mean the Particular board Iā€™m looking at Supports "Full ACPI" as canonking put it ?

@ToastNinja i have used 2 Motherboard Asrock with Ryzen/Bristol Ridge and Windows 7, albeit only A320 and A300 Boards. On A320 i used also Matisse Processor, until the board died after a graphics card change from AMD to Nvidia.
From what i know, also newer Asrock Motherboards, at least some, do support CSM Functionality<
dont know however if this is enough to support also the Ryzen 5000 CPU< as stated on page 1, it seems there are some problems with newer Asrock BIOS, but i have not encountered them yet.

@riku Solid Input thank you.

ā€œ500 series mainboards must update the latest bios(above AGESA ComboV2 1.0.8.1) or you will meet A5 BSOD. ASRock 500 series mainboards CAN NOT work on win7 and will A5/7E BSOD becaus of the BIOS.ā€

He said "500 Series main boards"
I have a theory that if a board once ā€œSupportedā€ windows 7 then updating the bios to use Matisse/5000 CPUs should be ok.

In other words x470 and B450 boards And Below. I would think should boot in just fine after updating the BIOS to support a 5000 CPU.
I guess I donā€™t really understand what the BIOS does.

Of course we would have to wait and see if someone around here bites the bullet for us to know.

If updating the BIOS on an x470/B450 Motherboard past AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.6. (I think after that version support for 5000 is added) On an ASRock board causes an BSOD for booting into windows 7 on a 5000 CPU that would be Very Important to know! hahaah

Not to hijack anyoneā€™s thread, but Iā€™ve seen a lot of discussion about which motherboards work with Windows 7 and just wanted to mention that Iā€™ve been using Windows 7 on my MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS for the better part of two years now with a Ryzen 3900x. Windows has booted fine, and all of the onboard chipsets have Windows 7 drivers. All of the bios versions have worked, from the initial release through version AF1 which is the last non Windows 11 version.