[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

Just tested and seems like latest ASUS AM5 bios is also okay for both Phoenix and Raphael

What about asus sata controllerļ¼ŸIt can not work and will code 10 error on win7/8/8.1 with old bios.

This was installed with SATA not nvme, havenā€™t tried nvme yet. Actually though Iā€™m not even using the latest drivers provided here, using generic ones that work on Z790 too. Hereā€™s a screenshot with more details, let me know if thereā€™s anything you want me to test. Also Iā€™m using generic drivers, this iso works fine on Z790 too, but I think the acpi might have been modded before to work on ASUS AM4, Iā€™ll try a clean image in a bit to see if that also just works.

non-modded ACPI and only the non-asus drivers provided above, installed on sata drive

I see that Windows 7 is confirmed to work on Gigabyte and MSI boards, up to WRX80. Does anyone know if 7 works on Threadripper 7000 with a Gigabyte TRX50 Aero D (rev 1.1)? I just thought maybe it would because regular ryzen 7000 works fine on 7. And even if it did, I just want to make sure that there wouldnā€™t be any ACPI issues or anything like that, because I found that particular board is much cheaper than the ASUS counterparts

1 Like

Hello, can anyone confirm that this will work on Asrock B650 motherboards?
Thereā€™s confirmation for MSI and Gigabyte, but I donā€™t know if Asrock should use the ASUS driver pack or the normal one.
Also, how will things go for the 9000 series CPUs? Are they just plug and play?

iā€™m also interested, if i remember correctly cannonkong confirmed only 128 thread 5995wx cpu to work on msi wrx80 w/o any problems

1 Like

I ended up getting that gigabyte board used with 64gb ram, I still need to get a CPU which I may get a 7960x threadripper, and I will give it a try assuming it all posts and everything is working properly :smiley:

1 Like

This gonna be so cool, please write about experiment back.

1 Like

Just ordered it, I will let you know!

1 Like

Aloha all, and thanks for helping to make Win 7 live a bit longer.

I was attempting to download Patrickkā€™s images from his FTP but i canā€™t connect.

Iā€™m wondering if anyone has access to those ISO, or if there are similar, ready-to-go images where i donā€™t have to fuss much with anything manually. I worked for months to get Win 7 working on my old alienware system and i got it to work but was so incredibly frustrated in the end that i wanted to shove my system through a meat grinder.

Iā€™m hoping for a long-term, easy, UEFI native (GPT) NVME friendly Windows 7 Ultimate x64 image that works with

ASUS x570 boards (C8DH, C8EX, TUF) and all integrated hardware (WiFi, USB, Bluetooth)
5950x / 3950x
External USB Audio Interfaces
Geforce RTX 3070+

Grabbed the driver from the first post just to be safe, but if at all possible, iā€™d rather not build this out manually any moreā€¦ still have PTSD from the last time back in 2017/2018 or so.

thanks

So got the CPU (not the SSD just yet) but I tried to boot 2008r2 and when it said starting windows, before it went into the setup it hung. First I am running a memtest86 to make sure the ram is stable since its used, but then I may try a modded ACPI driver, and I can let you know what happens. I did turn on CSM also already and it still happens

keep on trying. Not sure if it will help. But here it is: CORRECT BIOS SETTINGS TO INSTALL WINDOWS 7 ON X570 PLATFORM ā–ŗ ā–ˆā–“ā–’ā–‘ Unlisted Retrograde Holdout

1 Like

I got the setup to boot !! The only issue is that for some reason, my blue USB ports wonā€™t work but my red ones do

Nice , as for me i am interested in full working system, w/o quirks.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry I will figure it out

I have not gotten my NVMe drive yet, but I did a test install on an old sata ssd and finally got the blue USB ports working (possibly from downgrading the BIOS) and this is what I have:

It appears to be working great so far! I put away the parts until my new nvme arrives, and then I will put the machine together, reinstall 2008r2, and then get aero working :grin:

BTW, this was with stock ACPI. I left CSM on, but I actually had to flash the USB drive in GPT instead of MBR for it to boot. Otherwise, it would hang. I had the same problem with 8 and 8.1 in legacy mode, it might be a bug with Gigabyteā€™s CSM

2 Likes

If it work out with nvme and will not give bsods and substantial issues we could count that 7 is capable of driving 192 threads then. Quite nice achievement in 2024.

1 Like

And, yeah please specify ā€œbadā€ and good bios versions.

1 Like

Once again, I have the Gigabyte TRX50 Aero D rev 1.1, I originally tried the FBc BIOS (dated Jan 18, 2024) and the blue USB ports on the board had problems, then I ā€œdowngradedā€ to the FA BIOS (dated Nov 23, 2023), left the USB settings as the default, enabled CSM, disabled secure boot and TPM and all that garbage, and all I had to do to get it to boot was in Rufus flash the USB drive as GPT instead of MBR, otherwise it hung. I never did get an ACPI BSOD, which kind of made me figure there was a way to get it working without needing a modded ACPI. I just used one of my 2008r2 ISOs that I already had updated with the simplix update pack, and it ultimately just worked. When I get my NVMe it should just work too, as it is a generic NVMe driver, be we will see in a few days.

1 Like