[Solution] Win7/8.1 Drivers for USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers of new AMD Chipset Systems

Please check this out and compare with your settings:
https://trackerninja.codeberg.page/post/correct-bios-settings-to-install-windows-7/

1 Like

@spacedrone808 Thanks for that!

However the article states the motherboard itā€™s referring to is a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra.

Iā€™m using Asus X570-F.

Thus I donā€™t think a lot of whatā€™s mentioned there can work for me?

@canonkong
Do you know if the new AMD 9000 series processors will work correctly with Windows 7 since core parking and latency fixes appear in part to be in the Windows 10/11 operating systems?

I suppose that all x570 bioses have similar settings, at least try to find something alike

1 Like

@spacedrone808 Okay just a quick update.

I have tried your recommendation and I have changed all parameters that exist or is closest in the Bios, and unfortunately it still doesnā€™t work :pensive:
(however Iā€™ve strangely lost 90GB of hard drive space after doing all the changes). :thinking:

Not quite sure where to go from here. :cry:

Before I forget, is it possible to integrate the modded ACPI.sys into an ISO via NTLite by any chance?

it canā€™t be explaned, i highly doubt that it is possible, seems like a glitch or something

yes i suppose integration is possible, but my x570 worked without any acpi patches back in 2021

1 Like

The reason was softperfect ram disk software and it looks like is not compatible with my configuration

@spacedrone808 What motherboard are you using yourself perhaps? :thinking:

Msi x670e gaming plus

1 Like

@spacedrone808 Ahh right I see, MSI usually has much better compatibility with Windows 7, so doesnā€™t look like youā€™ll experience much problems.

Now Iā€™m kind of dealing with a new issue. Iā€™ve made a new Win7 ISO with integrated Asus drivers from @canonkong on the first post, and during installation the usb mouse was recognised. After the second/final restart where setup wants me to input username/account, mouse and keyboard does not work!

Itā€™s almost as if the drivers stopped working at the final stageā€¦despite being recognised during second phase of installation.
This is now kinda my barrier, how do I keep the functionality of USB Mouse and Keyboard during and after setup? :thinking: :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Just be careful with 4 sticks memory configuration, Ryzen donā€™t support such combos on a proper level. I used Gen2 ISO with integrated drivers so mouse and keyboard worked well on MSI mobo, also i remember that mr.CanonKong dropped personal image in ESD format

1 Like

@spacedrone808 Sorry for late reply!

Iā€™ve been spending hours and hours repating the same thing.

Iā€™ve been using NTLite to integrate @canonkong 's AMD driver package and for some strange reason it just doesnā€™t seem to pick up the mouse or keyboard, effectively making the installation grind to an early halt! :pensive:

I donā€™t know wht I cold be doing differentlyā€¦or Iā€™m doing something wrong perhaps?? :cry:

I have installed the Rollup 2016 (kb3125574) and the servicing stack update (kb4490628) into the boot.wim and install.wim with NTLITE. Then it worked for my system. See my posts May 23. I hope it helps.

Installing Windows 7 using an ASUS motherboard went very smoothly. 9950X, ASUS X670E GENE. Of course, itā€™s impossible to use Windows 7 with the graphics card Iā€™m currently using, but I want to focus on the fact that the installation itself was successfu

BIOS Ver. 2403

ė””ģŠ¤ķ¬_ķ…ŒģŠ¤ķŠø

2 Likes

Nice machine, interesting to see how it will perform in comparison to threadreaper 5995 wx.

I had a similar problem, drivers from canonkong, MB Asus B650E-I, keyboard in USB 2.0 stop working before input username and pc name but mouse in USB 3.2 still workā€¦ I aconnect the keyboard to 3.2 and it workedā€¦
installation in csm - uefi freezes the logo

btw, is it possible to get drivers for rtx 4070???

Have you noticed any significant performance improvements, or other differences/problems with the 9950X between Windows 7 and Windows 10? Iā€™m thinking of upgrading my 3900X system (MSI X570 Gaming Plus) to either a 7950X or 9950X but am trying to gather as much information as I can about 9900 style CPU performance on Windows 7 as I can to make an informed decision.

1 Like

Iā€™d stick to 7950x, 9950x is a marginal improvement, compatibility is in pubertal state, too expensive, little to bring on the table. As i understand correctly 10xxx will be mobile cpu, 11xxx desktop, 12xxx mobile and 13xxx might be EOL AM5 desktop cpu for Windows 7. So nice upgrade will be 12xxx or 13xxx, 9950x is just too insignificant .

1 Like

Nice to see how 9950x is almost matches 96t xeon:))

I saw that there was roughly 3 to 10 percent improvement with the 9950X over the 7950X in most applications on Windows 10 and 11, however the 9950X seems to have done much better on Linux, so I was curious as to where the performance would be on Windows 7.