[Solved] Missing XP Drivers for Intel 8-Series Chipset System

I am happy, that you succeeded with this driver and that I was able to help you.
I really like such tasks!

Enjoy your now fully working Windows XP!
Dieter

1 Like

Sorry I know that this is too late, but…

In my case the driver installs fine but windows says that it don’t detect any audio devices :’(

@kingknuts :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Does that mean, that you cannot hear anything else than the fans, which are inside your computer?
What does the XP Device Manager show instead?
Do you see any "Unknown Devices" or yellow flagged devices there? If yes, which are their HardwareIDs?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello!

I Can’t hear anything, just my fan ;).

The device manager displays “Controladora de sonido Intel(R) para pantallas” and driver working properly. but I dont have access to the volume icon on the task bar.
I have an Unknown Device but is my VGA adapter. If I install the vga adapter my screen goes weird, even not displaying the cursor. (I have to press 5 seconds the power button).

In 25 mins I will upload a screenshot. As i’m not at home…

Thanks for your very quick answer.

Screen Shoot uploaded:

“No audio device”

@kingknuts :
Regarding the Audio driver: Have you activated the hardware acceleration?
Regarding the NVIDIA graphics driver: You have to look for an older driver, which supports Windows XP.

@Fernando
Audio: I cannot change anything. In the bios I have enabled AZALIA codec but It don’t have anything to do with the sound…
Nvidia: The driver is installed but disabled because its based in the properly working of my main Intel HD 4600 card. As its not working, Windows cannot enable it. Its just the 3D renderer…
As you see in the screenshoot if I remain the Intel GT2 Graphics Driver, in 15 min. or the next reboot, the screen goes weird ending in BSOD 0x0F4. Thats why i’m always disabling or even trying to delete the vga controller. (But Windows is always installing it… I don’t know from where is he taking the drivers…)

Its to late and tomorrow I have to work. Good night!!!

Hi, Here you can get all drivers for your Inspiron 15 N5030 drivers for your XP system. Dell Inspiron 15 (N5030) Drivers Download. This page you can download all XP drivers for your hardware such as Graphic, Audio, Bios, Input, Network, Monitor, Storage, Bluetooth, Chipset, USB, etc drivers.
And also, you can try to use a driver download software to help you get all drivers one time.
You can download the professional Driver Help tool here:Best driver updates

@sammycloud :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for trying to help the Forum member kingknuts!

Where is "HERE"? I don’t see a link.

The link doesn’t work.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Zitat von Fernando im Beitrag #29
@sammycloud:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for trying to help the Forum member kingknuts!

The link doesn’t work.

True don’t work, also as I didn’t got the sound to work I’ve moved to x64 bit of Windows XP, also I tried Vista x64 sound drivers and they didn’t work…

There is a problem with the driver for the Intel Audio for Display device: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_80860101&REV1000
Driver ver. 5.14.00.3090 (06.12.2011) is installed, there is no exclamation mark in the dispatcher, but when the TV is connected via There is no HDMI additional device in the audio device and, accordingly, sound via HDMI does not go to the TV. What else needs to be included in XP so that the driver does not just become, but actually works?

Maybe you can’t do without driver modification? For example, port it from windows 7 or 8, by the way, in windows 7 on driver version 6.16.00.3174 (03/31/15) HDMI sound is transmitted to the TV without problems …

Hi @Fernando ! You helped not just Gab_Arito, but many others like me myself, by gifting us your magic archive containing three files that you had created by revamping drivers otherwise un-recognizable by Windows XP. I have Intel(R) Core™ i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz ; and about nine devices in XP’s device manager were getting shown in the yellow color, as the drivers for them hadn’t been installed. I could find XP drivers for some of them, by doing extensive net surfing, for instance, for : Vendor ID “10EC” and Device ID “8136” ; and I just could not find XP drivers for some of them, for instance, for : Vendor ID “8086” and Device ID “2807” . Would you care to teach us - or equivalently provide us the name of a book or an internet link that can teach us - how exactly you do this revamping ( modding perhaps as it should be called in exact terms in this context ) to create a driver recognizable by Windows XP? There are four devices I have to find drivers for : Vendor ID “168C” and Device ID “0036” ; Vendor ID “8086” and Device ID “0A16” ; Vendor ID “8086” and Device ID “9C3A” ; Vendor ID “8086” and Device ID “9C22” . I used all the resources I could think of : from Dell Customer Support to Intel’s Site ; Google to ChatGPT … Earnest thanks.

1 Like

@computationgenius Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!

Have you tried the modified driver, which has been attached by me to >this< post?

No, I don’t have the required time to do that.
By the way - I got all my knowledge about drivers and BIOS by doing (“Trial and Error”) and not by reading.

All information whether a certain Operating System (here: Windows XP) or a certain device from a certain manufacturer is supported by a certain driver (that is the hex coded *.sys file) are layed down within the file with the extension *.inf, which is part of all driverpacks. The *.inf file can be opened and customized by the Editor of all Windows Operating Systems. After having done a deeper look into the text of the related *.inf file you will find out, at which locations a customization is required to get the driver working with a device, whose HardwareIDs are natively not supported.
As long as you don’t touch any “textmode driver”, which is required to boot into your in-use OS, such tests with a modified *.inf file are not really risky (either the driver is accepted by the Device Management and works with the related device or not). If needed, you can force the installation by using the “Have Disk” option of the Device Manager.

@Fernando

Yes, " { I just could not, ( by doing extensive net surfing - in the manner in which I did successfully find drivers for some of them devices, for instance, for : Vendor ID “10EC” and Device ID “8136” ) , find XP drivers for some of them, for instance, for : Vendor ID “8086” and Device ID “2807” } ".

Yes, I tried the modified driver of yours, which had worked for @Gab_Arito , and it worked in my case as well; and this, in fact, gave me ( perhaps because of the great amount of time, which I had spent in trying to successfully find such a driver by doing extensive surfing over the part of the internet lying outside this website ) almost the same degree of spontaneous exultation, as it had given to Gab_Arito: " You helped not just Gab_Arito, but many others like me myself, BY GIFTING US YOUR MAGIC ARCHIVE CONTAINING THREE FILES THAT YOU HAD CREATED… "

And that’s why I joined this discussion, after having " used all the resources I could think of : from Dell Customer Support to Intel’s Site ; Google to ChatGPT … "

I, if I’m not overestimating myself, understood your valuable guidance very completely. I’ll try creating modified XP drivers for : Vendor ID “168C” and Device ID “0036” ; Vendor ID “8086” and Device ID “0A16” ; Vendor ID “8086” and Device ID “9C3A” ; Vendor ID “8086” and Device ID “9C22” .

Thanks for your guidance.

1 Like

I’m still here and very happy to know that the thread I’d opened is helping other users, even after too many years later.

Greetings!

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I don’t use Windows XP anymore, but I’m stuck at Windows 7 and have no plan do update to Windows 10 or 11 at all.

Windows 7 has everything that I need and I can know almost all of its details.