System Agent and IO voltages are hidden

So I got a coffe lake I9 ES and an H310 Gigabyte motherboard with a custom bios that includes the required microcodes for the CPU t work.

I started with overclocking memory because it was almost the only thing that matters and I got this I9 for it… Went up to 3400MHz on 1.35 DRAM voltage… and was stuck there (was expecting over 4200MHz) because the default VCCIO and VCCSA voltages are super low at near 1V and less. I need both to go over 1.3V, but there are no settings for them. However in the bios file I found a section that contain plenty of these settings, but they are not visible and I don’t know how to reveal them. Could anyone please help me out?

some are badly marked > SA uncore offset “from 1.05V”
or only use XMP profile – this raise VCCSA

try UEFI + OC - THROTTLE STOP
or bios file + IFR extractor / UEFI tool .,.,for hidden bios options “oc tab re-enable / or re-enable XTU inference” ,.,.etc

RAM OC ? memory - 2R or 1R ,.,.gear mode ? , XMP or not ,.,.,memory capacity / mobo desing SA iccmax + vccsa + vccio → all this creates limits for OC !

more info :smiley: but mobo in standard H310 ? “not good for OC”

edit .,. :thinking:
best results for you - 3600mhz cl 16 + gear 1
16-16-xx --36 or similar “try SA training” around this // or 4200mhz -probarly + gear 2 “slower !” good for 1R memory / less capacity memory modules.

good luck

1 Like

google – try find hotkey for ADMIN access in bios :slight_smile:
this expand all configuration options >>> best way for full OC

and all verify under system - HWINFO

1 Like

I tried, but no combination I found does anything. I read that once advanced options are there then there is nothing hidden to be revealed with a combination of hotkeys. I got almost all core related options in the bios and did the OC on all core to 5.3 GHz just to see if it can be stable there and all cores did well :slightly_smiling_face:. Not a bad silicon there, but I couldn’t run all cores under load at once due to high power demand and was have to set all cores to 4.6 GHz with 45W TDP limit. With these limits the motherboard VRM can’t be a limit to what I need so H310 cheap motherboard is more than enough here to save power and give the performance. However when it comes to memory OC the motherboard can be a limit when I go over 4200MHz and probably have to increase some voltages and tweak Rtt impedance to get the higher frequency. Either way my memory kit IC won’t even do over 4200 I think and that is already great and enough, but the UEFI software however that controls voltages is the only problem that limits my memory to 3333 MHz which I think is too low yo what I expect from my hardware.

That’s why the only leftover problem is the BIOS

My memory kit does not have an XMP profile. It has a basic Jedec setting for 2400 MHz.

What do you mean by: try UEFI + OC.

Throttlestop does not apply offsets at boot up where the SA and IO voltages needs to be high in order for higher frequencies to work. Throttlestop applies offsets after booting up into windows. “Correct me if I am wrong”
Throttlestop however does not offer an offset for VCCIO voltage too so even if SA voltage was tweaked there would still IO voltage too low.

I don’t know where or how to use UEFI tools to unlock bios hidden options. If you have any guide please direct me there with a link.

For coffelake there is no gear 1 or 2. It is only gear one. The motherboard lakes for these options, but I don’t need any of them anyway. The whole issue is controlling these voltages:

VCCIO and VCCSA. if there would be anyway to pop up these options it would be great and much appreciated. Thank you

I tried to edit default fail safe and optimal values of VCCIO and VCCSA with AMIBCP 5.02, but the bios file went broken after I clicked in save. I could no longer see settings with AMIBCP (probably because 5.02 is an old version) and after I flashed the edited bios I ended up stuck at boot logo and nothing else happens after.
even tho keyboard was working. At least it was responding to NumLock enable/disable so I was have to take out the bios chip and reprogram it with my CH341A programmer to the custom bios that has the required CPU microcode again for the ES to work

send bios file or dump here
,.there is one more way through RU.efi "configure hidden items in bios VARIABLE OFFSETS "

try enable this way XTU inference / or OC card

xtu inference - enabled “+ XTU sw” .,.this stores the settings directly in the bios “also adds some next options in XTU sw”

// gear mode 10TH above “you right”
,.,.,.here is only COMMAND RATE - try “2” more stable / slower setup
send full spec for memory setup ,.,.3333 “or 3200mhz” is for lot CPU normal limit "not SA / IOvoltage problem / SA iccmax " "a lot of cpu 10TH above have to use GEAR 2 “for 3200MHz and more”

i think for fast timing is this normal “16-16-16-36 ??” normal cpu limit :confused:
,.,try XMP if exist "this automatically raise SA/IO voltages - verify voltages in HWINFO

and memory limit basic
send full spec “setup / memory name / how many slots are used”

basic
2Rank memory / 16GB+ / 2x - lower OC potential “it hits the limit faster”
1Rank memory / 8GB- / 2x - good for maximum OC “good for specific usage - lower latency”

,…a lot of things matter here >> recommended check OC sheet from intel “for your chipset / cpu”
banks type / size / slot capacity // mobo design + setup .,.,.etc — all this creates limits

edit
2400MHZ memory / on 1.2V no-XMP ??? “also is possitible RAM limit / mobo problem ,…,hw problem”
and 45W limit for CPU ? “very limited mobo” i9 + OC - 200W+ :laughing: “my 4core 7820hk - is sometimes 100W”

UEFI ? ,.,.this sw “TS/XTU/RU.EFI” works better under UEFI mode “not must works in legacy”

I also recommend looking at “thaiphoon burner”
,…,I don’t know what the current status is for modern HW .,.but before that it was possible to modify the SPD “create fake XMP” or find hint for timings

XMP - automatically raise yours VCCSA / IO “no need additional setups”
thaiphoon burner

edit
also try again GOOGLE - M.I.T. hotkey “your bios contains all for normal OC”
*way *
ADVANCED/OVERCLOCK/PLATFORM VOLTAGES OVERDRIVES - here is SA / IO voltages

Thank you for your suggestions. I don’t really need help about how I do the OC, I just want all options possible revealed in the UEFI. I can’t even do over 1.4V on the DRAM and I would like to unlock the full potential there, but you however mentioned that a 3333MHz could be a CPU IMC limit on gear 1. People did up to 5000 MHz and normally 4000MHz and over that was achievable on gear 1 which I think I should be getting with my micron memory. The motherboard PCB is still not the limit at 3333MHz I believe. It is obviously the too low voltages I mentioned especially the IMC voltage.

If you can really help me to view and be able to edit all these options I will be grateful. I will send the BIOS file

Overclocking is what I always do. I don’t need advices there

H31MS2H2.zip (5.3 MB)

I don’t know the actual changes they made on the original F14a bios version, but they said they added the required microcode for the CPU to work and that Gigabyte is the recommended motherboard for best compatibility and can overclock on the bios. other vendors like ASUS may have issues and can only allow overclocking using XTU. in other words no memory OC possible unless a Z motherboard used

i send variable offsets map + recommendation what need

or you must use AMIBCP ,.,.but on DUMP file + bios must be unlocked “bios lock -disabled”
only this is possitible re–flash back + unlock hidden items “if is this bios version still compatible on AMIBCP 5.02”

about VARIABLE OFFETS “alternative menu for setup” cmos reset restore your setting
good is uses inside bios OC PROFILES - this save your hidden settings

tools for this
GRUB EFI SHELL or RU.EFI // flash FPT

tutorial

or search here on forum all about “grub shell” ,.also this way you will get correct bios DUMP for “AMIBCP”

1 Like

I think now I will have to look for the correct way to dump the bios file and try to learn how I can define if the bios is locked or not then how to use RU UEFI. I pretty much don’t know anything about how I can tell if AMIBCP version I have is compatible with my bios file or not or how I can tell if the bios is unlocked and do “dump” correctly so I have to look into that then do dumping correctly and maybe use RU.EFI or AMIBCP 5.02 to try editing the BIOS. Thank you for the tip. That will take much time because I am very bad when it comes to bios or software in general totally don’t know anything about these stuff and things I would do could be risky. I was hoping if someone that already knows these things very well would do the edit for me in moments and save me from all that issues that I will face doing that things myself, but looks like I will have to do it myself :pensive:

OverClocking Feature, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x713
One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 (default)
One Of Option: Enabled, Value (8 bit): 0x1

XTU Interface, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x714
One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 (default)

BIOS Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x9BE
Default: DefaultId: 0x0, Value (8 bit): 0x0
One Of Option: Disabled, Value (8 bit): 0x0 (default MFG)

bios lock looks OK ,.,.but you need your dump for correct info !!!

this way could also be used ///
VccSA Override Enable + custom voltage “but this is advanced”

try fist DUMP via FPT “me fw tools topic”
DUMP
FPTW64.exe -D unlocked.rom -BIOS
verify BIOS LOCK

this try mod in AMI BCP "first create full backup - hw flasher !!! "
possible you gets similar boot loop like before !!! I used this a long time ago “here depend only on AMI BCP compatibility” ,.,.but recommend your DUMP file

FLASH
FPTW64.exe -F mod_unlocked.rom -BIOS

// ru.efi / or grub shell

variable offsets
Section_PE32_image_Setup_Setup IFR.rar (202.9 KB)

edit “advanced” your problem

VccIO Override Enable, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x76D
VccIO, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x76E
Default: DefaultId: 0x0, Value (16 bit): 0x3B6
///
VccSA Override Enable, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x762

VccSA, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x763
Default: DefaultId: 0x0, Value (16 bit): 0x41A

vccsa / io manual voltage – hex to text sa 1050 “find in hex/ io 0950 VERIFICATION before mod” after overdrive enabled + reboot bios !!

or try correct file for AMIBCP
ADVANCED/OVERCLOCK/PLATFORM VOLTAGES OVERDRIVES - here is SA / IO voltages
or + SA DOMAIN for memory / VR setting on POWER/PERFORMANCE domain

AMI BCP - tutorial “correct way”

send DUMP FROM - FPT tools
I specify the lock “but it looks good”
then apply mod to DUMP -in AMI BCP “EASY WAY”

varoffsets - last step when this not works for you in AMIBCP :slight_smile:

edit //summary
try first DUMP via FPT “me fw tools topic” - 300series

DUMP
FPTW64.exe -D unlocked.rom -BIOS
verify BIOS LOCK

edit
mainly you should first read the OC SHEET from intel for your chipset and cpu !!!
and determine if you have problem on SA or IO .,…or normal HW limits

micron - is bad memory chip ,.samsung is better for oc ,.,.and all written above “1R / 8gb-” - gets more speed than “2R/16gb+”

you still have an ordinary board, cheap memory and the need to have the same results as those with high-end components “sa 1.25V max !! / io 1.15V - not must helps” and more raising is absurd for 24/7

Micron Rev E is not a bad memory… It is the #2 after B die (you can say the best memory not “bad memory”). without going into much details The only difference is some timings scaling and it can daily over 1.6V which Samsung B die can’t do! and may even reach higher clocks than samsung B die itself . I told you previously let’s not discuss overclocking I totally know what very very few people know there about memory overclocking and said previously the issue I am having. When I said I was expecting a 4000 MHz or over that on these hardware then that is real. I don’t need to go anywhere for info about overclocking. I said previously overclocking is what I do and have large experience there as I can easily tell why and what I should do. If you would like to know how much different doing OC on these single rank 8GB kit using a top of the line Z370 then let me tell you that it is at most 400 MHz At most!. On these motherboards going to 5000MHz is possible when very high and spicy DRAM voltage is applied. I am doing OC on a small motherboard that have a good enough memory traces to drive over 4000 MHz, but the software is the limitation to do that.

where do I find FPT?

check this out

here where the bios main menu section in AMIBCP. there are 7 lines as you can see, but however on the left side there is much more than that.

for example under Falls von der Hardware… which should be the main menu there is more folders than just the 7 lines appeared on the right

there is CPU Configuration, Platform settings, Overclocking Performance Manager… etc all these are not linked to main menu. does that sound logical or the AMIBCP I am using is not compatible?

this was a dump using afuwin

idk man, why don’t you just do the edit for me if you already know what should be done :sweat_smile:

I want FCLK related options, DRAM voltage over 1.4V, SA and IO voltages. also power limits if possible. they are already there in the bios file, but can’t be accessed through the UEFI. I am assuming these options are not linked to the bios settings page. I already sent the bios file and you verified that it is unlocked so why don’t you take the lead from there :sweat_smile: