[Tool] UEFI Download Tool v1.86

Well, i tested 0.7 on my Z87 Expert, and on a fresh install on the Maximus, but still crashes.
I don’t know but, i haven’t seen anyone else here with Asus Z87 board testing it, could it be some bug specific to that?
Otherwise i don’t know.

To Pacman and GlitchyHack

This error indicates a type conversation problem (string to decimal) which I face usually. For example, in Turkish we use (,) as decimal separator, so if you try to convert "123,45" (as string) to decimal (123.45) it will give you error. GlitchyHack, may be using InvariantCulture for the NumberFormat or NumberStyle solve the problem. Pacman, you may try to change regional settings, at least, decimal and thousands separator.

at System.Number.StringToNumber(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberStyles, NumberBuffer ByRef, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo, Boolean)
at System.Number.ParseDecimal(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberStyles, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo)

Send me a full report of the entire error.

So how would i go about fixing that issue?

Yes, saglamtimur is right, just for test i changed from Swedish to USA location, and it works now, thanks :slight_smile:

working.jpg

Are you just going to keep it like that or?

So how would i go about fixing that issue?

As soon as I sit infront of my development pc, I will try to reproduce error and give the solution. Sorry I don’t remember the exact codes.

Well, changing location takes ~1 second, so no problem to switch.
Of course smoothest would be if a fix was implemented.

Ok, can you please try this?

string theString = "1.234,56";
decimal x;
try
{
//your original code goes here
// x=bla bla
}
catch (Exception)
{
x = decimal.Parse(theString, new NumberFormatInfo() { NumberDecimalSeparator = ",", NumberGroupSeparator = "." });
}

Zitat von saglamtimur im Beitrag #49

decimal x;
try
{
// x=bla bla
}
catch (Exception)
{
x = decimal.Parse(theString, new NumberFormatInfo() { NumberDecimalSeparator = ",", NumberGroupSeparator = "." });
}

Is this the only problem i will have is 1,1 and 1.0 there are no other different things i can run into it? if so i can use this.
Zitat von saglamtimur im Beitrag #49

decimal x;
try
{
// x=bla bla
}
catch (Exception)
{
}

Also i coded my program in c#, so this is really helpful cause this example is in c#. Thanks i'll release this fix soon.

I have fixed this problem i believe. I tested it by changing my location in time and date to turkish.
The program never crashed though, even the one off my site.
but the decimal places was broken. it displayed version as 7, instead of 0.7
When i applied the fix i could see 0.7 as 0,7.
and it seems to work after i made everything else parse with the formating
I’ll release a update soon and you tell me if it is fixed on turkish or not.

Try setting it to Swedish, i tested to change to Turkish and that worked for me also, i set it back to Swedish it crash.

I just set it to Swedish with the fix i included with detects your format, and it didn’t crash, so i guess it worked.
I have added other fixes too, Next Update will have that fix others and a Reset button on your preferences Tab to reset all settings back to default.
Default download location is now your desktop.

Sounds good, i’ll try it when it is available.

Hi. I download latest version ( v 0.7 ) but cant detect my motherboard. the motherboard is ASUS P8P67

Did you run it as Admin? just a thought.

What happened, what errors did you get?

Update v0.8 Should be out in the next 3 hours or so. Maybe even less. I’m not sure if you’ll be up or not.

I’m just about to leave for a while, but i will probably be able to test in a few hours.