Unlock N970TF InsydeH20 Hidden options

@rlkd82 - It may be OK then, hopefully so! Sometimes resistor blown you can’t tell, but usually if the board shorts during something like this, you’d see a blown or lifted trace near the BIOS chip, so good chance it’s OK
Sounds like you know all about this, soldering, repairing stuff, so I’m sure you know how to spot the easily damaged stuff.

Ahh great to hear you’ve revived the system, very nice no damage was done!!
So now, do we need to unlock BIOS or what? If yes, send me new FPT dump of entire BIOS

Was curious about the programmer. Applied 5 volts to it, and sure enough its something with it. Both lights light up and instantly unit starts to heat up.

I had the bios/nvbios/ec modded by Prema. Fantastic work.

Was always curious as to why you’ve never wrote up a guide? I see a bit of info here and there but no one stop guide. Should think on it, hell I’d toss you a donation if you ever took the time to write one.

Have a good one.

Must be shorted programmer then, or maybe it was bad sample from the get-go and just happened to go bad on that last time you used it

I’ve written a few guides/methods on how to do certain BIOS edits, but BIOS vary too much for any all encompassing guide about modifying.
Even for simple stuff like microcode there is many methods and ways to do it and not all apply to all BIOS brands/series etc

Here’s stuff I’ve written out here in past year, mainly none of this is for Insyde though except maybe microcodes and or FIT if present.

Setup_var/Grub guide
[GUIDE] Grub Fix Intel FPT Error 280 or 368 - BIOS Lock Asus/Other Mod BIOS Flash
Alt boot to grub when no boot to EFI on exit page - [Help needed] Hidden Advanced menu Bios HP Z1 J52_0274.BIN (2)

ME Re-Flash BIOS edit guide (in spoiler at post 4068)
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools (272)

Update Microcode (little) + Fix FIT Table guide << Need to update, much simpler now, but haven’t had time to do yet
[GUIDE] Update CPU Microcode + Fix FIT Using UEFITool / Hex

Magic String shown/explained a little bit, this often used in older BIOS, like Aptio IV - Magic string often before > EE 2E 20 71 53 5F D9 40 AB 3D 9E 0C 26 D9 66 57
[Request] How to Access Locked/Hidden BIOS Menu Settings (16)
Also here, shorter - [Request] How to Access Locked/Hidden BIOS Menu Settings (12)

Overpowered - AMITSE (AMI Aptio V) unlock guide - see spoiler for general edit method, simple edit (does not cover all possible Aptio V “things”)
OverPowered TONGFANG CyberPower Machrevo MACHENIKE - Unlocked BIOS Guide W/ Files

Thanks for taking the time to link these. I’ve also sent you a pm, I hope you dont mind

You’re welcome! Sorry there’s nothing exciting there for Insyde PM is fine, I just can’t keep track of stuff in PM to help with a BIOS mod is all

I have the same laptop and I am looking for the same hidden options unlock.

How did you get Prema to do it? Their website seems to be dead.

So let’s get started.
I need your BIOS dump.