[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@Hornetzero
Without any information about
a) the OS you are runnig and
b) the HardwareIDs of your on-board USB 3.0/3.1 Controller
nobody is able to help you.

@Fernando , Sure, I can provide that information. They are attached right here.

DeviMang.png

Dxdiag.png

@Hornetzero
Windows 10 has generic in-box USB 3.0/3.1 drivers, which should support all your on-board USB Controllers. If not, you should ask the Dell Support for help.
I wonder why the Device Manager has listed 3 different USB Controllers (2x Intel and 1x Renesas). Which Intel and which Renesas USB driver did you install and why did you do it?
Last question: Which device is the ā€œunknownā€ one listed by the Device Manager? If you donā€™t know it, check its HardwareIDs.

@Fernando The drivers are given on the attachment. I have no idea why they are like that as I had no awareness on what kind of hardware would go into this laptop. The unknown one is also something I donā€™t know anything about.

drv2&3.png

Unknown.png

To find out, which sort of device it is and who is the manufacturer, you need to know the HardwareIDs of it.
Right-click onto the "Unknown Device" and choose the options "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs" and post the VendorID (VEN_XXXX) and the DeviceID (DEV_XXXX) you see.

Iā€™ve got a code 39 error shown in my device manager for

NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller
TU104 USB Type-C UCSI Controller
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AD9&SUBSYS_000010DE&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AD9&SUBSYS_000010DE
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AD9&CC_0C8000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AD9&CC_0C80

Win7 sadly canā€™t load the driver.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me to get on the right track

@gutentaghallo
As you probably have realized, I do not offer any NVIDIA USB drivers within the start post of this thread.

Which one did you try and where did you get it? Are you already running Win7 or do you want to get Win7 installed?
If you want help, you should offer all required information.

EDIT: Meanwhile I stumbled over >this< thread, which had been started by you recently with a rather similar driver request, but for another graphics card.
Just to make it clear for you: I generally do not sign any modded driver on request.

@Fernando
If Iā€™m not wrong, Iā€™ve got this driver through Snappy Driver Installer
Iā€™m already running Win7 SP1 Enterprise with all updates from 2021. Its a fresh installation.

Are the following information helpful?
NVIDIA
Date: 10.03.2021
Version: 1.46.831.832
ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AD9
Inf File: oem73.inf
Section: UcmCxUcsiNVppc_Device.NT
00FF2001

@gutentaghallo
Have you already read >this< post?

Hello.
In my chuwi not work usb 2.0 devices. Windows 10 32 bit Intel Z8300

Hereā€™s what it looks like. Attached a photo

1649009135977.jpg

1649009136021.jpg

Installed your drivers(for Intel Chipset systems from 8-Series up to 200-Series:
>"pure" 32bit Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 re-mod+signed by me (with DPInst option)).
The triangle is gone. But usb 2.0 does not work.

1649009135928.jpg

@wantuz85
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum! I have moved your post into this already existing and 100% matching thread.

As the thread title already indicates, the offered USB drivers were designed for being used with on-board USB 3.0/3.1 Controllers (and not for USB 2.0 ones).
Questions:
1. Why did you install the Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers at all? Win10 has generic USB drivers for all Controllers in-the-box.
2. Which are the HardwareIDs of the in-use USB Controllers? You get thm by right-clicking onto them and choosing the options "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for the answer.
1. With standard drivers (Intel Host Controller 3.0-1.0), usb 2.0 devices do not work for me. There was an unknown device. I think this is a driver problem. Previously, before the WINDOWS update, everything worked. I can not solve this problem in any way and find drivers.
2. I will add a photo with ID.

I will be grateful for your help.

1649013848764.jpg

1649013848787.jpg

@wantuz85
The Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Controller with the Device ID DEV_22B5 is supported by the mod+signed Intel USB drivers I am offering within the start post.
Please check, which USB driver from which manufacturer (Intel or Microsoft) your OS is currently using.
If you cannot solve the problem, I recommend to avoid USB 2.0 devices.

It is time to change the name of the topic. :slight_smile:

amdusb4usb3hubfilter, amdusb4cm, amdusb4pcifilter from te latest AMD Chipset Driver (4.03.03.624).

If I am not mistaken, these are the first published drivers for USB 4.0.

USB4.rar (124 KB)

amdusbhubfilter (before this amdusb4usb3hubfilter), amdusb4cm, amdusb4pcifilter from the latest AMD Chipset Driver (4.04.11.742).

USB4.rar (129 KB)

Any chance of getting Fresco Logic FL1100 drivers for controller, root hub, and accessory hub chips, which work properly in Windows XP?

The only PCIe x1 card Iā€™ve found that uses a Fresco Logic FL1100 controller with a Fresco Logic hub chip is made by Inateck. The bottom three ports on the back go directly to the FL1100. The upper two ports and the internal ports (on the 20 pin header) go to the hub chip, which is internally connected to one port on the FL1100.

Far as I can find, the last XP drivers from Fresco were released in 2016. Thereā€™s a driver package from 2019 in two versions, one for Win 7, the other for 8.0 and later.

What the problem is in XP with the 2016 drivers is they fail to recognize some USB 3.0 devices, they get hooked up as USB 2.0. It gets worse with something like a 3.1 Gen 2 flash drive. One I have gets recognized as USB 2.0 on the bottom three ports and on the other four it may be recognized as USB 2.0 or completely ignored.

This is the same behavior I got in Windows 10 from a USB 3.0 (no 3.1whatever support) card with a similar layout with a Renesas controller and a GLC hub chip. Lower 3 ports on the back to the Renesas chip, top port and internal Type A + header to the GLC hub chip.

The really screwy thing with that card is any USB 3.0 device plugged into the hub ports was recognized as 3.0 but some 3.0 devices connected to the Renesas ports would only be recognized as 2.0.

Even glitchier, this past Sunday (May 15, 2022) my Windows 10 desktop suddenly failed to boot. After a lot of shooting troubles I found that with the SATA power connector to the Inateck USB 3.0 card unplugged, it would boot, but then the Inateck card didnā€™t work at all.

Thatā€™s why I now have it in an XP box, to see if it would stop it from booting. Nope. But that could be because itā€™s a BIOS system instead of UEFI. I figured since it wasnā€™t causing that problem Iā€™d try running ATTO on it to see if thereā€™s a performance difference in XPx32 VS 10x64 with a very fast 3.1 Gen 2 flash drive.

Hah! I canā€™t find an old version of ATTO benchmark that will work on XP. The latest one and older ones Iā€™ve found will run on XP but donā€™t work on XP. Clicking the button to start the test only results in a beep, no testing. :frowning: One of them XP even insisted isnā€™t a valid Win32 application, It shows an icon so it shouldnā€™t be x64. In my experience x32 Windows generally puts a generic icon on x64 exe files.

My next go-round will be trying the Renesas+GLC card in the XP system, and Iā€™ll try the Inateck card in another x1 slot in my Win 10 system, freed up by removing a SATA RAID card I intended to use but never have. Whether or not it makes the system not boot will be interesting either way.

@Galane
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since I do not offer within the start post of this thread any drivers for Windows XP, you should better search for them within >this< Sub-Forum.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Long time lurker hereā€¦

I am beating my head against the proverbial brick wall here. I must be missing something simple.

I have an ASUS X299 Rampage VI Extreme with the Intel 8086&PID-A2AF&REV_0000 USB 3.0 and Windows 10 21H1 OS. I downloaded the ā€˜pure 64bit Intel USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 re-mod+signed by Fernando.rarā€™, installed the certificate as administrator using the ā€˜ImportCertificate.cmdā€™. Next, I install the drivers via Device Manager using the ā€œnormalā€ driver installation.

I have verified that the Win-RAID CA certificate is showing as it supposed to under the Device Manager, but every time that I enable secure booting, Win10 goes into the Automatic Repair troubleshooting at startup or restart.

I believe that I am following all of the instructions correctly, but what am I missing?

@vlad

And why did you do that? Windows 7 driver for Windows 10? No Intel USB 3.0 driver is required for Windows 10. It works perfectly with the Microsoft driver.