Use the E3 V5 series CPU method on the H110 B150 Z170 motherboard

Prices here are high, crazy.

My god! How big is the world ,how crazy is the world. It seems happiness in china except the crowding.

Sometimes i buy from AliExpress but like i say takes 2~3 months to reach my house and somethings don’t worth it. It is very difficult here. About the ME version, to downgrade it i have to downgrade the BIOS version, is that correct?

It is correct i think and all my practices verified this.

https://github.com/damnnfo/DeskMini-110-
%99%8D%E7%BA%A7

Afudos xxxx.rom /gan can not flash the ME region of bios.

To mobo of non-ASRockthe best tool flashes ME is just programmer.

Hmm. I’ll take a look, thanks! I probably gonna get the Asrock MOBO, already bought the E3 1270 v5.

Yeah, i gonna think about it. Sad. DDR4 is so expensive almost the same price as the E3 1270 v5.

Could you get a GD25B128 chip or other compatible chip? I think preparing a backup bios chip or a programmer is best .

Oh, i can give you a 4GB DDR4 or 8GB if you are in china.

Yeah, I’ll see. Wish i could be in China now, lol.

In taobao 2.6G QHJE E3v5 = ïż„399 yuan.After OC,the result is similar.

Could i know you email? My email is [email protected]

I think our dialogs in forum could waste other’s time.

Thanks but i prefer to talk here.

If someone have similar question/thoughts like i have, they will see here. Get it?

When i open FIT and drag official BIOS to it, there is a warning: ‘‘Warning: Could not set “GbE Read Access” to: 0x00000008, reverting to previous/default value: 0xFFF’’ is that normal? Is something to worry about? And when go for build image a window pop up saying about Boot Guard Disabled On Platform ‘’ “Boot Guard Profile Configuration” is set to “Boot Guard Profile 0 - No_FVME”. The Boot Guard feature will be disabled on the platform. Do you want to continue?’’

Both are normal and continue.The boot guard prevents the E3v5 booting on Skylake/Kabylake just right.

OK! Thank you.

@htpcfans Hey! My Asrock Z170a-x1/3.1+ 8gb ddr4 + Celeron G3900 arrive! Still waiting for Xeon E3 1270v5. BCLK OC worked just fine on G3900. I end it up making the change on the FIT>Intel ME Kernel>Reserved>Yes. Go into InstaFlash, PC restart and start updating Intel ME them it start update the BIOS and it restart but i not sure if it finish. Now pc keep starting e shut it off in like 1sec, star
 1sec shut off,. It keep like that until i cut power from the psu. So did i mess with ME and now it don’t allow to start? Or it will only start with the Xeon E3 1270v5?

Unfortunately,this situation could mean that this motherboard does not support running without ME.I will search similar situations of your motherboard in China.

Well i bought a CH341A USB Programmer, just waiting to arrive. I gonna try flash with the programmer see if it helps. If it doesn’t, i’m thinking in grab one Asus z170 Pro Gaming.