Users Reports

Vendor and exact Name of the mainboard/pc/notebook: Asus M3A78
System Type (MB=mainboard, PC=personal computer, NB=notebook, BB=barbone): MB
Chipset and Southbridge of the system: 770/SB700
Vendor, Sort and Version of the inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: AMD AHCI ROM v3.2.1.0 + AMD RAID ROM v3.2.1540.15 for DEV_4392 + AMD RAID MISC.BIN v3.2.1540.15 for DEV_4392
Success: Yes
Remark : Faster detection of HDD in raid mode than the old raid rom.

Good Luck!

@ AMD&9:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report, which has been already added to the BIOS Modding success/failure table.

Regards
Fernando

M3A790GXH/128M
MB
SB750
AMD AHCI ROM v3.1.2.0 + AMD RAID ROM v3.2.1540.15 for DEV_4392 + AMD RAID MISC.BIN v3.2.1540.15 for DEV_4392 + Realtek 2.55
Success!

But I failed once. I tried placing the Realtek RPL 2.55, since the original PXE has RPL code, but the module was a few KB too big. So I tried removing some user defined sections. Removing the module with ID = FA left me with no Logo on the boot screen. Removing the ID 60 was even worse, as it bricked my board.

I’m planing to update to AMD 3.2.1.0, Realtek 2.58 (without RPL for now) and some microcodes, but I also have to get my hands on the AGESA code, to fully support all AM3 CPUs, particularly 6 cores. It seems it is a little bit tricky, since it is deeply hidden in the 1B module and split between its submodules. If I can bump it from 3.6.9.0 to the latest 3.7.1.0, it will be completely modded.

@ lordkag:

Thanks for your report, which has already been added to the BIOS modding success/failure table.

1.) ASUS P5Q-E
2.) MB
3.) P45 with ICH10R (RAID OROM was 8.001038)

4.) 8086-2822 v10.101008
5.) Sucess=YES
6.) onyl replaced the OROM, let all other things untouched. no support for hdd >2TB

4.) v10.501034 an higher to support hdd > 2TB
5.) Sucess=NO
6.) i also deleted the OEM-file an other not needed OROMS (intel gigabit-lan and integrated grafics controller)

@ cyphoro:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report.

It is a well-known issue of many P45 and X58 chipset mainboards, that there is not enough space within the BIOS for >100 KB sized Intel RAID OROM modules.
Bad consequence: It is impossible to get any newer (and bigger sized) Intel RAID ROM inserted than v10.1.0.1008.
Tip: Ask ASUS for a BIOS with an updated Intel RAID ROM v10.5 or higher.

Regards
Fernando

@Fernando

You are right! But I read some post from "Roberto" within the winlite-forum. he uses/used an P5Q Deluxe Board and he could update the BIOS with sucess. And the BIOS flash memory size ist the same with its 2MB. Unfortunately it didnt work.
i think about testing some asus bios updates for the p5q deluxe. maybe they will work with the p5q-e. the mme-tool shows the same content. maybe i will give it try.

Before I would try to flash a BIOS, which has been designed for another mainboard I would contact the ASUS support.
I know, that ASUS has offered some updated BIOSes with newer Intel RAID ROMs for P45 and X58 chipset mainboards upon request of users.

i created a ticket 5 min ago! :slight_smile:
I will post the answer soon! (hopefully there will be one)

Thank you very much for the info. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work!
I mainly wanted to update the ROM to allow > 2TB hard disks. Haven’t tried any > 2TB disks yet.

Vendor and exact Name of the mainboard/pc/notebook: ASUS P5E, with BIOS 1201
System Type (MB=mainboard, PC=personal computer, NB=notebook, BB=barbone): MB
Chipset and Southbridge of the system: Intel X38 + ICH9R
Vendor, Sort and Version of the inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: Intel RST RAID-ROM v11.2.0.1527
Success: Yes

@ cymepa:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report, which has already been put into the BIOS modding success/failure table.

Enjoy the Forum!
Fernando

unfortunatelly ASUS was not able to provide a bios-update to let the P5Q-E (p45 with ich10r) support hdds bigger 2TB.

That is a pity!
Thanks for your feedback nevertheless.

Hi everybody,

my results for an ASRock X79 Extreme 6 mainbord with inserted/replaced following modules:

Intel RSTe 12.7.0.1936 module modded for working TRIM on dev.ID 8086:2822 (module 13.1.0.2030 also tested → o.k.)
Intel RSTe 12.7.0.1936 module for X79 chipsets dev.ID 8086:2826 modded for working TRIM (module 3.8.0.1029 also tested → o.k.)
Intel RSTe 12.7.0.1936 sata driver module for X79 chipsets modded for working TRIM on dev.ID 8086:2826 (driver module 3.8.0.1029 also tested → o.k.)
Broadcom NetXtreme LAN module v16.0.1
ASMedia AHCI Rom module v.0.954

Everything works fine. Performance boost for dev. 2826 about 20-25%. TRIM is working.

regards hanson

Hi,

successfully updated the ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi AP@N BIOS version 2105. The MSM module was replaced by RST module 10.1.0.1008 (with greater, 85 KB+ modules I had no success at all. Even giving additional space by deleting unneeded stuff did not lead to victory), Marvell IDE contoller OROM 11AB:6121 was replaced with 11AB:6145 (downloaded from www.station-drivers.com which gives it the BIOS version 1.1.0.L75 for the Marvell controller during post). Also replaced 11AB:4364 & 4320 (Marvell Yukon Ethernet controller OROM’s v.6.60.2.3) with v.6.68.1.3 dated 28.10.2010.

Everything runs great without having any problems/BSOD or whatever.

Regards hanson

Edit: I forgot, Chipset is P45 and Southbridge ICH10R

@ hanson:

Thanks for your report, which is already put into the BIOS modding success/failure table.
Here are 2 additional questions:

1. Why didn’t you insert the Intel RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008, which has been recently modded by CPL0 to enable TRIM in RAID0? You can find the download link >here<. Although it has to be verified, if TRIM really is active within the RAID0 array after having flash a BIOS containing this modded RAID OROM version, it would be worth a try.
  2. Which Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM version did you insert into the BIOS?

Hi Fernando,

I will give the modded OROM a try as soon as I switch to SSD’s in RAID what will be soon I hope ;-). At the moment I do RAID-0 with two 1 TB WD Caviar disc’s and have a single SSD on a Marvell 6G PCIe x 4 Controller (maybe you take a look at my new thread opened 1 hour ago). The Marvell ROM I took out of a package from station drivers, I just used the file 6145.bin inside there for replacement.

I’ll attach the package for you.

Regards hanson

marvell_bios_1.1.0.L75_88se61xx.zip (68 KB)

That is a good idea. It would be much appreciate, if you give us your feedback regarding TRIM activity.

Ok, it is the Marvell 61xx RAID ROM v1.1.0.L75 dated 11/24/2010. So this version is not really new. I had stored this RAID ROM version already, but did not yet offer it for the public download, because there hasn’t been any demand for it.
Thanks for your quick answers!

So when you say that the Marvell OROM is not really new, does it mean you have a newer version available?

No, and - to be honest - I doubt, that Marvell will develop any new RAID ROM version for the 61xx SATA Controllers.

EDIT: Since there obviously are users, who want to have the latest Marvell 61xx RAID ROM v1.1.0.L75 within their mainboard BIOS, I have added a download link to the start post of >this< thread.