Users Reports

Station-Drivers has two version for Marvell 61xx, one 1.2.0.36 for Raid and the other 1.1.0.L75 for SATA/AHCI. The first one is bigger, which would consist with the difference in naming.

Also, I use this for post for correcting my earlier post of modding result. The boad is Asrock and not Asus.

Thanks for the info. As soon as am able to join the Station-Drivers sites, I will search for both OROM modules.
EDIT: Meanwhile I found them. Contrary to what Station-Drivers has written both of them are RAID ROM modules, but v1.2.0.36 is newer (dated 04/14/2011).

I have already corrected the BIOS modding success/failure table.

With my controller I don’t get a BIOS message anymore with the 1.2.0.36 OROM in use. So I used the other one…

Thanks for the info.
Marvell’s software development stuff seems to be not the best.

Hi Fernando and Sonix

Report of successful flash on Asrock P67Pro3 mobo.
modified firmware version 2.00 for Sandy bridge by replacing intel RST(e) OROM module 10.1.0.1008 with 12.7.0.1936 using UBU utility.
loaded flash rom from Asrock flash bios utility within the bios environment.

This was to allow a Seagate 3TB model ST3000DM001 HDD to be recognised by RST (and windows). The system uses 2 x 1TB drives in RAID 1 configuration for OS and applications and the 3TB was added as a storage drive for video recordings, however it would not be seen until OROM replaced.

Thank you guys very much

@ vintdiesel:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report, which has already been added to the BIOS modding success/failure table.

Regards
Fernando

Successfully updated Intel RAID ROM from v12.7.0.1936 to v12.9.0.2006 and LAN ROM from v2.57 to v2.59:

Vendor and Name of the mainboard: MSI P45 Neo3-FR
System Type: MB
Chipset and Southbridge: Intel P45 + ICH10R
Inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: Intel RAID ROM v12.9.0.2006 + JMB36x RAID ROM v1.07.28 + Realtek LAN ROM v2.59
Success: Yes

@ XIII:

Thanks for the updated report. It is already within the BIOS Modding success/failure table.

Vendor and exact Name of the mainboard/pc/notebook: clevo p170hm
System Type (MB=mainboard, PC=personal computer, NB=notebook, BB=barbone): NB
Chipset and Southbridge of the system: HM67
Vendor, Sort and Version of the inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: Intel RST ROM 13.1.0.2030
Succes: Yes

@ adoe:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report.

Regards
Fernando

Vendor: MSI
Mainboard: Z68A-GD65 (B3)
Chipset: Intel Z68
South Bridge: (Could not find)
Inserted RAID ROM module: Actual Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v11.6.0.1702 (with a edited hex string, as found here)
Success: Yes

VENDOR: AMI Aptio
MAINBOARD: K55A
SYSTEM TYPE: NB
CHIPSET: Intel HM76
OROM RST SATA: v12.9 (Originally v11.0.0.1339)
EFI RST SATA: Not Present
vBIOS: v2170 (Originally v2132) IvyBridge
EFI GOP: v3.0.1027 (Originally v3.0.1012) IvyBridge
CPU MICROCODE: IvyBridge Rev. 19 (Originally Rev.12)
SUCCESS: YES!!!

VENDOR: ASUS
MAINBOARD: P8H67-M PRO
SYSTEM TYPE: MB
CHIPSET: Intel H67
OROM IRST SATA: 13.1.0.2030
OROM VBIOS Sandy/IvyBridge: 2124
BIOS: v3904 with PMpatch (THX CodeRush!)
OROM Realtek PXE: 2.59
CPU MICROCODE: NO
SUCCESS: YES

@ Harzbirne:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report!

Please post, which Intel RAID ROM and SataDriver version the UBU tool has inserted into your mainboard BIOS.

Regards
Fernando

Vendor: ASUS
Mainboard: P8Z77-V LE PLUS
Chipset: Intel Z77
South Bridge: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family
CPU Microcode: IvyBridge Rev. 17
Success: YES

Capture3.PNG

Success report
ASUS Maximus III Extreme MB, P55 chipset

Inserted, in turn, the “Universally Trim Modified” versions of:
Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527
Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936
Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v13.1.0.2030

into ASUS BIOS 1302.

As Fernando has found previously, 11.2.0.1527 gives the best total Anvil’s score for a SSD RAID 0, but 12.7.0.1936 is not too far behind and a bit better in some of the individual tests. I confirmed that TRIM works with a RAID 0 in each version too.

One interesting note, trying to move from the stock BIOS 1204 to stock 1302, which I think moves the Intel RST ROM from 9.6 to 10.5, the MB would not even post with a RAID 0 connected that had been created under the 9.6 or older ROM. It just hung at the Intel RST ROM screen. This MB has a dual BIOS, so I could easily switch back to an older BIOS and verify that it wasn’t a drive fault causing the problem, and disconnecting the drives or disabling the RAID function would finally let it post with the 10.5 ROM. Inserting any of those three newer Intel ROM versions lets the MB post and boot with the “old” RAID 0 connected. Nice!

Thanks for the great guides, Fernando, and thanks to everyone else who has contributed to this effort.

I’m struggling with the performance of my raid-0 array.
Where can i download 12.7.0.1936 driver (x64)?
cheers,
Jerome.

@ rda99vfr:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report!

Regards
Fernando

There are no Intel RST RAID drivers, but an Intel RAID ROM and an Intel SataDriver v12.7.0.1936 available.
You can find the Intel RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936 >here< and the related EFI RAID SataDriver module >here<.

Which rst driver version(s) have you tested in combination with those oroms?

cheers,
Jerome.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted text deleted