Users Reports

I’m sorry to tell you, that ASMedia OROM 3.70 does NOT work on my ASRocj X79 Extreme4. I reverted back to 0.9.5.1.

That is no surprise for me.
Only a very few exotic ASMedia SATA3 AHCI Controllers may be able to use any ASMedia ROM from the v2.xx or v3.vxx series.
That is why I do not offer them within the start post of >this< thread.

hey Fernando my board is z87-plus not ASUS Z87-M Plus they different.

Thanks for the info. My mistake is already corrected.

Vendor and exact Name of the mainboard/pc/notebook: Dell Dimension 9200
System Type (MB=mainboard, PC=personal computer, NB=notebook, BB=barbone): PC
Chipset and Southbridge of the system: Intel P965 + ICH8DH
Vendor, Sort and Version of the inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: Intel MSM RAID ROM 8.5.0.1030
Success: Yes
optional: other AHCI and RAID ROMs tested. BIOS freezes after drive detection. There are only IDE and RAID settings in the BIOS. The RAID ROM should be able to hande optical drives as well, but Dell decided to use an AHCI ROM for them and a RAID ROM for the HDDs/SSDs.

Additional information: >here<

EDIT: Please update the ASRock X79 Extreme4 in the success/failure table. ASMedia AHCI 3.80 does not work as I wrote before. I am using 0.951 now.

Vendor and Name of the mainboard: MSI P45 Neo3-FR
System Type: MB
Chipset and Southbridge: Intel P45 + ICH10R
Inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: Intel RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 (downgraded) + JMB36x RAID ROM v1.08.01 (no change) + Realtek LAN ROM v2.62 (upgraded)

ASUS S451LN-MS1-H-TP-GRY VivoBook
2. System Type = NB
3. North Bridge: Intel Haswell-ULT IMC (8-Series Chipset), South Bridge: Intel Lynx Point-LP
4. Intel EFI SataDriver v14.5.0.2241 , IRST iaStorA v14.6.0.1029
5. Success: Yes
6. (optional:) Remarks: System is much snappier and responsive compared to any compination of v13.x SataDriver & IRST AHCI Drivers… SSD idle temps are about 2°C-5°C higher running on v13.x/14.x (27°-31°C Idle) compared to running original v12.7 EFI & 12.8.0.1016 or 12.8.20.1002 (22°-27°C Idle) I assume this is due to the Active UDMA Mode for v12.x IRST drivers is UDMA 5/Max 6 and running any IRST drivers v13.x and up the Active/Max UDMA Mode is 6/6… Also higher CrystalDiskMark and ATTO Benchmark speeds… Noticable in real-world copy/application & startup/shutdown by about 7 seconds…

1. Vendor/Name: ASRock 970DE3/U3S3
    2. System Type: MB
    3. Chipset: AMD SB710
    4. Modules: ASMedia 106x AHCI ROM v0.97, Realtek LAN ROM v2.63
    5. Success: Yes

Sadly the BIOS didn’t contain the AMD AHCI module, only the RAID one.

@ green-K:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report, which has been already inserted into the BIOS Modding Success/Failure table.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Vendor and exact Name of the mainboard/pc/notebook: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
System Type (MB=mainboard, PC=personal computer, NB=notebook, BB=barbone): MB
Chipset and Southbridge of the system: X58 + ICH10R
Vendor, Sort and Version of the inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: Intel RST(e) > Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 + Marvell 61xx RAID ROM v1.1.0.L75 + Marvell 88E8056 Yukon PXE LAN ROM v6.68.1.3 (HEX EDIT DEV_ID)
Optional: Not sure if you want to include any of this information, cross flashed to Asus P6X58D-E (allows larger oroms), microcode update from X58 Sabertooth. The ONLY downside to the cross flash is that the "Express Gate" function no longer works (MUST BE DISABLED) and the "SSD" show up as a 512MB flash drive (disable in device manager or ignore)

Mainboard: Asus Z97-AR CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7-4790K, Disks: Raid 0 2x128 GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Chipset and Southbridge: Haswell and Intel Wildcat Point Z97
Modules Inserted: OROM & EFI IRST RAID for SATA 13.1.0.2126 Also inserted new VBios 1039 (updated from 1029)
Success: YES
Remarks: Successful mod. UBU makes it so simple. After building bios.bin I exited withOUT changing back to .CAP and flashed with AFUefix64.efi /GAN /SP from UEFI shell. The /SP switch is essential if you want to save all your settings. There’s still a double reboot but settings all stay intact - Sweet! Also by flashing from the shell I don’t have to hassle with my MB throwing up errors from using the EZ flash utility in bios. Also updated my VBIOS using excellent tutorial here >Win-RAID link<. All in all a happy camper Getting ready to update RAID again to 14.x.x.xxx thanks to @JSebastian’s recent reported results.

Thanks to @Fernando and @SoniX for their hard work and great tools.

With UBU v1.33

Vendor: ASUS
Mainboard: P8Z77-V LE PLUS
Bios: 0910
Chipset: Intel Z77 (Panther Point DH)
South Bridge: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family (ICH8/PCH)

OROM IRST SATA: v11.0.2.1527
EFI IRST SATA: v11.5.0.1582

OROM VBIOS: v2170
EFI GOP IVB: v3.0.1027
EFI GOP SB: v2.0.1024

OROM Intel Boot Agent GE: v1.5.62
OROM Realtek Boot Agent: v2.63
EFI Realtek UNDI: v2.035

OROM MARVELL 88SE9120: v1.0.0.1038
OROM MARVELL 88SE9172: v1.0.0.0034
EFI Marvell SATA AHCI: v1.1.0.1015

CPU Microcode 0306A9: IvyBridge Rev. 1B
CPU Microcode 0206A7: SandyBridge: 29

Success: YES

Vendor and exact Name of the mainboard/pc/notebook: MSI H81M ECO
System Type (MB=mainboard, PC=personal computer, NB=notebook, BB=barbone): MB
Chipset and Southbridge of the system:H81
Vendor, Sort and Version of the inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v14.6.0.2285
optional:

Hallo,

Vendor and exact Name of the mainboard/pc/notebook: MSI Z77A-GD55 (E7751IMS)
System Type: MB (What exactly is the difference between MB and PC!?)
Chipset and Southbridge of the system: Intel Z77 with Intel 3770K (IVB-DT IMC)
Basic BIOS-Version for modding: 1.11

Vendor, Sort and Version of the inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: (using UBU 1.37)

- Intel RST for Sata - OROM 14.6.0.2285
- Intel RST for Sata - EFI 14.6.0.2285
- Intel OROM VBIOS Sandy/IvyBridge 2170
- Intel EFI GOP Driver IvyBridge 3.0.1027
- LAN ORM - EFI Gigabit UNDI 0.0.07
- LAN OROM - BootAgent CL 0.1.04 / GE 1.5.72
- CPU Mircocode 0306A9 IVB - 1B
- CPU Mircocode 0206A7 SNB - 29

BTW: This
- Intel RST for Sata - OROM 13.1.0.2126
- Intel RST for Sata - EFI 13.1.0.2126
seems to work too.

Vendor, Sort and Version of the inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: (using Intel FWUpdate Tool for ME 8 Firmware v8.1.40.1456)
Intel ME 8 Consumer 1.5MB Firmware v8.1.65.1586

BTW: Why is UBU not offering the IME modules?

Notes:
- After flashing to an higher RST firmware version, the Intel RAID BIOS menu isn’t available via msi bios menu anymore, but by pressing CTRL+I keys while booting.
- Intel OROM VBIOS Sandy/IvyBridge 2170 has been created according to this >>Guide<<
- I do not have an SATA RAID, so I can’t tell you, if trim is working.
- Since I do have an IVB CPU, I can’t tell you , if the SNB Mircocode mod is working.

Big thanks for providing the tools, todo’s and bios modules
HAND

@Zwulf ,

Can i ask you which version of the Ivy Bridge Intel OROM VBIOS you are using??

I have two of those files:

- Intel_VGA-ROM_DEV-0102_v2170 dated November 29th, 2013: 19h24
- Intel_VGA-ROM_DEV-0102/0162_v2170 dated September, 18th, 2013: 08h14
(this is the one that i am using actually found in early UBU version 1.15)

My IVB Id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0162&REV_09

Thanks!

@ Zwulf:
Thanks for your report.

You certainly know the difference between a mainboard and a Computer.
I have added the possibility to enter “PC” for users, who have an All-In-One computer with a mainboard, which is an OEM product and not separately available for the public.

The UBU tool is able to detect the Intel ME Firmware version, but cannot update it. Reason: The Intel ME Firmware is not within the “BIOS Region” of the BIOS file. No BIOS tool is able to flash a new Intel ME Firmware into a BIOS file.

If you are not running your Intel SATA Controller in “RAID” mode, your report about the successful update of the Intel RAID ROM/EFI modules is not much worth and may be even misleading for other users, who are reading it, because you were not able to verify, whether the inserted Intel RAID ROM/EFI module really worked or not.

@Fernando

Ok, so you wanted to know if it’s an OEM board or not. In thise case, I choose the right one.

I have already read this in another thread, damn it. I’m sorry for the queastion and greadfull for the answer.

So, this thread is all about the RST firmware mod then, sorry. As far as I can say, I can switch RAID on and enter the Intel RAID menu. So at least the module did not brik the board entirely. Maybe this is worth something. If not, feel free to delete the post.

@N6O7

If you take a look in the linked thread above, you will find a download package in the start post containing several VGA modules and versions. I took it from there and walked through the tutorial with it. The file is dated to September, 18th, 2013. But I can’t tell you if it’s same file you got. To be sure do a content compare of the files.

Vendor and exact Name of the mainboard: Intel DQ67SQ
Chipset and Southbridge of the system: Intel Q67
Vendor, Sort and Version of the inserted PCI ROM or EFI module: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v13.5.0.2164
Success: NO

optional: Open BIOS file (SW0067.BIO) with AndyP’s PhoenixTool. RAID ROMs have a special 10 byte header (only PCI device IDs),
just copy this to the new OROM. Fill with 0xFF at the end of the OROM to get the exact same size as the previos module. Reintegration works.
Flashing does NOT work, as the only flash method is via Intel Management Engine which freezes on modified files.
Windows flasher redirects to Intel MEI and shows “success”, same for the DOS flasher. Direct flash through BIOS function only reboots and does nothing.

EDIT: Open modified BIOS with Intel Integrator Toolkit is not possible, too.

@ mr_nuub:

Thanks for your report.
If I understand it correcty, you cannot evaluate the result of the BIOS modding, because you have not been able to flash the modded BIOS.
Is that correct?
If yes, I will not add your report to my BIOS modding success/failure table, because your result (“failure”) would be somehow misleading.
Maybe someone else will find a way to get the modded BIOS properly flashed.

Yeah, I was not able to flash it. The flash procedure is done by Intel MEI which freezes everytime I want to modify a modded BIOS.