Which ME version for Socket 1151 Xeon CPUs on 100-/200-Series?

@dsanke
Everything is fine, even the first region you sent, I accidentally found out what the problem is, I have 4 identical spare eprom chips, they all have the same markings and are detected the same in the programmer, the verification passes, but only one works on the board, and the others don’t work on this board, but work normally on other boards (z77,z68…
Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for the trouble

@Bata may related to quad enabled. try set qe register. this problem commonly seen in winbond w25q * b * /w25q * f * . some gigadevice need set qe=1 too.

1 Like

@dsanke
It does not depend on the chip, but on the manufacturer. Only Asus does so, their BIOS. I solved this problem in 2016. Status register bit S9, 0x0200.

3 Likes

I ticked the “qe” register and all the chips work. Thank you very much

I have two xeons e3 v5
Has anyone tested i5 and i7 or xeon CoffeeLake from 8th and 9th generation on 100 and 200 series
(My boards are Asus H110m-r and Asusu prime B250m-c)

@Bata i have tested. they all work fine.
you can try the bios i’ve sent in #20

I’m already using your mod, but I had a problem with flashing the chips, which was solved with the “q” register, and in the meantime I modded the H110M-R, they work with xeon e3 v5, I’m looking to get one xeon > coffe lake or i5-9x00, that’s why I’m asking, probably some hardware mod is needed on the processor.
Thanks again for help

@Bata yes you need pin mod, see some other threads in forum.

Hello,

Can anybody please point me in the right direction of how to produce a “Intel ME Corporate Cut” version from a full-size Corporate ME?
I would like to upgrade the CoffeeTime 0.99 Corporate Cut version.
Does anybody know which tool was used to create the truncated versions included in CoffeeTime 0.99?

Hello Dsanke,

I noticed you inserted the “cpuA0652_plat20” microcodes for BGA1440 into the “PRIME-B250M-C-ASUS-2001.rar (4.6 MB)” file you uploaded above;
and I was wondering if those BIOS are useful/needed or if the 906ED already include support for those mutant CPUs.

My current z370 has the 906ED microcodes and it is running a comet-lake H Xeon without any problems, but I was wondering if those microcodes can come in handy or if you just put them in there as a precaution “just in case” ?

Do you know if some mutant 1440 CPUs can work on z370 with Intel ME Consumer Full (ON)? I would like to be able to use the security features if possible.

or is it absolutely necessary to always have Corporate cut OFF for any BGA1440 to work?

My current 1440 CPU in question is a QTJ1 (ES) Comet Lake-H.

My goal is to have the PC running with Intel ME ‘On’ if possible. I know that CoffeeTime 0.99 says “Corporate cut ‘Off’” supports all 1440, but since this is a general statement, I was wondering if there are some exceptions to this generalization.

It does seem like my mutant CPU is 906ED so I was wondering if I could use it with Consumer ME (On)? And if perhaps throwing in those “cpuA0652_plat20” microcodes might be worth it.

This is my CPU in question

Does having ME on actually provide any benefit or does having an external TPM module already provide all the benefit. In other words, is seeking to enable ME completely pointless?

Can you send me modded bios, msi z170a PC MATE for xeon e3-v5,v6 and coffe lake CPU(s) >>
https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7971vAG.zip
i found your bioses posted on panbaidu but i have no way to download them…
I found something stupid for the first time with this motherboard, my RAM is hynix 16gb 3200 ddr4 SingleSide with 8 chips, it is compatible with the older version of bios A70, after it no newer version can boot, so I would like to ask just in case, if possible, to mod this version and send me too
https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7971vA7.zip
thanks

Here try this: E7971IMSMod.rar (5.8 MB)

1 Like

well done, I bought and put another memory, everything works,
thank you

so the bios i provide works? it does have resizable bar support btw if you have “Above 4G Decoding” option in the bios.

if you cant see any, i could find the varoffset for you, so you could use modded grub to enable it, and use resizable bar (csm must be disabled, boot only with uefi (pure uefi).)

thanks again for the bios. there is “above 4g memory” in the bios, but I don’t know how much it affects the performance, I use the computer for editing audio and video, not for mining

since it is a RAM 2400MHz that WORKS and boots, is there a module in the bios that deals with RAM (compatibility) so that I can copy it from the older bios ver A70 where the RAM 3200MHz boots to this AG1 where my 3200 RAM does not boot or can you mod the bios A70 (A .7), for xeon
https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7971vA7.zip

might not work, but try this: E7971IMSA7Mod.rar (5.6 MB)

ok, boot to black screen info select F1 or F2… F1 abnormal ME FW going to setup… F2 continue, and stuck with a dash

@dsanke hello, could you make a COR cut ME of 11.8.94.4494_COR_H_DA_PRD_RGN like what you did on 11.8.93, and test it if it works (since i guess you have 100/200 chipset)?

Can anybody please point me in the right direction of how to produce a “Intel ME Corporate Cut” version from a full-size Corporate ME?

Use my fork GitHub - dsanke/me_cleaner: Tool for partial deblobbing of Intel ME/TXE firmware images
Follow this command:

me_cleaner.py 11.8.93.4323_COR_H_DA_PRD_RGN.bin -O ME_Output.bin -w IVBP,MFS,FLOG,UTOK,ISHC -t

I was wondering if those BIOS are useful/needed or if the 906ED already include support for those mutant CPUs.

A0652 is useless. I put it there just because there is space left.

Do you know if some mutant 1440 CPUs can work on z370 with Intel ME Consumer Full (ON)?

There is no Coffee Lake BGA1440 CPU can run on Z370 with ME enabled as far as I know.

could you make a COR cut ME of 11.8.94.4494_COR_H_DA_PRD_RGN like what you did on 11.8.93, and test it if it works (since i guess you have 100/200 chipset)?

@Koekieezz Please make it yourself, I can not find where to download the 11.8.94.4494_COR_H_DA_PRD_RGN. And I have no Z170 handy to test too. I am using Z690 currently.

3 Likes