[OFFER] ASUS Rampage V Extreme - modded BIOSes

Asus Rampage V Extreme 3008 Beta Bios Modded

- OROM/EFI Sata modules updated
- OROM/EFI LAN modules updated
- MEI Firmware already updated
- CPU Microcodes updated (both Broadwell-E and Haswell-E)

Please try it and report any feedback. It will be very appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0…b3c&usp=sharing

Added 3009 Modded Bios inside google drive cloud folder.

Thanks for the share

This bios including the following components ?

PS: the 3008 bios is a beta bios

The 3008 bios already has LAN and MEI modules updated as well as the IRST (though it appears twice with an old version and a new one).

Ok thanks
What is changed in this modded 3008 ? Only SATA OROM/EFI and uncore Module ?

Possible to add the CPU microcode 37 for Haswell-E 06F2 in bios 2001 instead of 36 (until the next bios "stable" to R5E)
Anyone know what it changes ?

Thanks for your great work :slight_smile:
PS: What the Uncore module? I do not see it in the update modules of "UBU"

Ok thanks
What is changed in this modded 3008 ? Only SATA OROM/EFI and uncore Module ?

Possible to add the CPU microcode 37 for Haswell-E 06F2 in bios 2001 instead of 36 (until the next bios “stable” to R5E)
Anyone know what it changes ?

Thanks for your great work :slight_smile:
PS: What the Uncore module? I do not see it in the update modules of "UBU"

The 3008 modded bios has all modules updated (IRST, LAN, MEI) but not the uncore module and the cpu microcodes is the 36h version.

On the link provided before I’ve uploaded the 2001 with all modules updated, uncore mod and cpu microcodes updated to 37h.

Thanks so much for sharing
For a uncore module, it’s a an older bios?
Strange Asus is changed (or maybe it is their famous “Stability”)

I tried this bios, but it does not boot (all defaults), black screen instead of loading Windows 10

Sylar76, the "R5E-2001 MOD" is your MOD or not (R5E-2001 MOD2 is with the microcode 37) ?
I can not find the post on the topic with the link to the bios

I tried this bios, but it does not boot (all defaults), black screen instead of loading Windows 10

Sylar76, the “R5E-2001 MOD” is your MOD or not (R5E-2001 MOD2 is with the microcode 37) ?
I can not find the post on the topic with the link to the bios

How did you flash it ?

Anyway, here is the 2001 modded with modules and microcodes updated :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By28-1Y…ew?pref=2&pli=1

First boot after flashing took some extra time (I guess memory related), but after that the bios works like a charm!!!

Thanks again, Sylar!!!

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded part of the fully quoted text and blank lines removed (to save space)

With USB Flashback, I’ll re-test for be sure

Ok thanks
R5E-2001 MOD is with microcode 36
R5E-2011 MOD2 is with microcode 37

Its good :slight_smile:
You know if with the latest Microcode, Intel has fixed the bug with the "Adaptive Mode" and Cache (Uncore) ?

@ all:
>This< very popular and voluminous thread contains not only a discussion about how to modify the ASUS Rampage V Extreme mainboard BIOSes, but also download links to BIOSes, which were successfully modded by Win-RAID Forum members.

To make it easier for interested users of an ASUS Rampage V Extreme to find these already modded BIOSes, I have copied the related posts and started a new thread within the new Sub-Forum named “Offer: Already modded special BIOSes”.
If you have tested any of the offered modded BIOSes, please post your feedback into this thread. From now on the source thread is designed just for the discussions about the modding resp. flashing procedure.

Asus Rampage V Extreme 2101 latest modded bios.

- OROM/EFI SATA modules updated.
- OROM/EFI LAN modules updated.
- MEI Firmware updated.
- CPU Microcodes updated.

R5E_2101_MOD.zip (6.32 MB)

Thanks for the sharing
Its CPU Microcodes 36 or 37 ?
If it is 37, you can do it with 36 (best for the OC)
No need to update the Uncore Module?

Thanks

Thanks for the modded 2101. But can you also list the versions for all the updates?

Why would you think v37 is any worse than v36?

Why would you think v37 is any worse than v36?

I tried the 2 2001 bios modded by Sylar76
The "R5E-2001 MOD" with the microcode 36 and the "R5E-2001 MOD2" with the microcode 37, and with the microcode 37, my OC is not stable and PC freeze

If Sylar76 can confirm that the only difference between these 2 bios modded is the microcode
I ask myself if with the R5E-2001 MOD, the Uncore module is updated

Ok, so here’s my story and feedback. Thanks for all the great work you guys do, by the way.

Ok, I’ve been running 1902 modded for months. Never tried any flavor of 2001. About a month ago, for the first time ever, I got a cache overclock higher than 3.8 working (and, in fact, I got it to 4.2). At the time I attributed it to my new memory OC, but now I’m thinking it was the mod that enabled it.

Why? Because my OC that was 14 hour OCCT stable in 1902 modded just failed in 40 minutes on 2101 unmodded. I’m trying 2101 modded now and will report results.

I am assuming that 1902 modded did not update the “uncore module”, as I’d never heard of it until today, which leaves me thinking maybe it was microcode 36 that made it possible. Does the 2101 have an updated uncore module? It wasn’t listed for it, only for the 2001.

Edit: just read the other thread. Ok, so to add, if this new 2101 modded has the uncore update, is it modded “for 1801 performance” also?

I tried the 2 2001 bios modded by Sylar76
The “R5E-2001 MOD” with the microcode 36 and the “R5E-2001 MOD2” with the microcode 37, and with the microcode 37, my OC is not stable and PC freeze

Interesting, thanks. I’m running v37 with no stability issues, but I’m not OC’ing currently. Might try out and see if there are any differences for my board.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the fully quoted text removed (to save space and for a better readability)

@Qwinn :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and good luck with the modded BIOS!
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)